Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:14:39 AM
714254 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Batman (1960s Adam West version) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Batman (1960s Adam West version)  (Read 8477 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: March 14, 2010, 07:35:44 PM »

Have we had a discussion about this show yet?  If not,its about time we do!  It was one of those shows I grew up on.  Albeit they were mostly reruns I saw but the more I think about it, the more I realize I like it it the best out of all the incarnations of Batman.  Its painfully campy yet action packed and the acting talent is pure gold.  Keep Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger, I've always thought Cesar Romero nailed the role of Mr. J.   

Funny thing too, my 4 year old LOVES the show.  He actually falls for the "will Batman escape the evil clutches of the Joker" dialog at the end.  He gets very much concerned that the dynamic duo has met their match.  Then he breathes a sigh of relief when they usually end up getting out of the last episode's predicament. 

So how about you, do you have any fond memories of the show? 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 10:35:49 PM »

I had to catch a lot of reruns as I was born well after the series ended.  Even as a young 'un I had to laugh at the silliness of the show.  I kind of preferred the Filmation series in the '70s.  And of course, the Animated Series in the '90s.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 01:55:53 PM »

It's a silly campy show but as a youngster I loved it. Couldn't get enough of it and I wasn't the only one...they actually showed BATMAN: THE MOVIE as an after school movie to a packed gymnasium at my Elementary School. I remember being wowed by the Batboat and the Batcopter too. I have to say I loved the guest stars including Burgess Meredith (Penguin), Frank Gorshin (Still the best Riddler of them all  IMO), Caesar Romero (Joker), Vincent Price (Egghead), Julie Newmar (Catwoman), Yvonne Craig (Batgirl), Victor Buono (King Tut) and Roddy McDowall (Bookworm). Joan Collins, Carolyn Jones and a virtual whos who of the 60s guest starred on the series. As I got older, I really appreciated the more serious BATMAN films directed by Tim Burton and the best version of Batman to date, the 1990s animated TV series.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 04:10:22 PM »

Love this show and would be willing to pay a decent amount of money for a good quality DVD release full of extras.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 06:59:04 PM »

I liked the 70's Batman tv series, too.  I especially liked the theme music.  The villians and Villianesses ( is that right?) were like living cartoons!  I recall there were 2 other Catwomen - Eartha Kitt and Lee Meriwether - in addtion to Julie Newmar. Great show!

Hold onto your dreams ....
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 08:28:37 PM »

I liked the 70's Batman tv series, too.  I especially liked the theme music.  The villians and Villianesses ( is that right?) were like living cartoons!  I recall there were 2 other Catwomen - Eartha Kitt and Lee Meriwether - in addtion to Julie Newmar. Great show!
70s?  60s!!! 
"Batman" is a classic.  As Jase pointed out, many celebrities appeared as guest stars, plus there were many brief cameo spots by all kinds of Hollywood types (even EDWARD G. ROBINSON turns up).  Though the show ran out of steam quickly, for me watching reruns as a kid, it only got better when they introduced Batgirl (YVONNE CRAIG).  I must admit that I'm old enough to remember the show's initial run - barely.   Buggedout  Wink

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 11:02:17 AM »

I remember watching this as a kid during it's network run.  I read  the Wikipedia article  about it  and there were some things I didn't remember about it.  John Astin played the joker also,  Mr. Freeze was played by George Sanders, Eli Wallach, and Otto Preminger?.

It's an interesting read,  (Mike Henry was going to be Batman in a more version).

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Flu-Bird
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 02:48:16 PM »

The fight sceins where they would flash POW,BAM,SPLAT on the screen
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2010, 09:00:15 PM »

There was also BOOKWORM,KING TUT,EGGHEAD,SHAME & CALAMITY JAN,LOUIE THE LALAC,THE ARCHER,THE MINSTRAL,LORD GUM,MAD HATTER, and just to name a few
Vik
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 10:20:47 AM »

I love that show  Drink Wish I could find it on DVD
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 09:40:41 AM »

I love that show  Drink Wish I could find it on DVD

There are places online where you can buy every episode in a foreign import package.  I think they are DVD-Rs.  I can't remember where I saw it most recently . . . possibly Video Search of Miami or maybe Stumpy Disks.  But I'm holding out for an official U.S. DVD release.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Zebra 3
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 02:18:04 PM »

It's one of my favourite 60s TV series, and the 1966 movie is tops.

'Huuutch!' - Starsky
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2010, 04:30:17 PM »

I would wish someone would put it back on tv. yes it had the best theme song.  there was an episode where there was a bomb in the baked alaska. I made my Mom make one!  it was awesome but the first time we tried to make it was a disaster. it was more like a baked volcano
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2010, 06:37:17 PM »

Adam West is my all-time favorite Batman. I grew up with the show (or saw early re-runs), and just loved it. Julie Newmar may be crazy as a loon in real life (from what I hear), but she was hotness personified to my developing mind. And AHD, I must agree about Yvonne Craig. She was very nice to watch. And Trek, I vaguely recall Astin in the series, but I thought he was The Riddler, not the Joker. And checking on IMDB, I'm right. He was Riddler in two episodes. Not nearly as perfect for the part as Gorshin, though.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2010, 07:04:10 PM »

Adam West is my all-time favorite Batman. I grew up with the show (or saw early re-runs), and just loved it. Julie Newmar may be crazy as a loon in real life (from what I hear), but she was hotness personified to my developing mind. And AHD, I must agree about Yvonne Craig. She was very nice to watch. And Trek, I vaguely recall Astin in the series, but I thought he was The Riddler, not the Joker. And checking on IMDB, I'm right. He was Riddler in two episodes. Not nearly as perfect for the part as Gorshin, though.

Yes, john astin played the riddler oncewhen gorshin was unavailable.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Batman (1960s Adam West version) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.