Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:05:59 PM
714316 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-MOVIE PITCHES!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: B-MOVIE PITCHES!!!  (Read 7965 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: March 18, 2010, 09:51:44 AM »

We B-movie fanatics, at least in our collective consciousness, know a thing or two about how a good bad movie should look. There is likely even some film-making talent there as well. It has been suggested through some recent threads that the brain pool be tapped to make a low-budget b piece. Most recently, I was sort of tasked with putting together a thread with the purpose of getting preliminary script concepts together for consideration. So here’s the thread. Please read carefully.

We’re going with a typical movie pitch. If you have an idea for a script, whether fleshed-out or just a basic idea that you would like to throw into the pool, then reply with that pitch in 25 words or less. Keep in mind that this is just very broad strokes, just a basic premise. You don’t even necessarily have to end up being the script writer. Think of it as the quick synopsis you would read on a cable or satellite guide. Now, it is not uncommon for movie pitches to run over 25 words, so if you do, no big deal, just do you best.

Important note: This has to be a very low-budget project for it to have a chance to work, so keep that in mind with your pitches.

As soon as there is a good number of pitches, I’m going to put them into a poll to get them narrowed down via the collective wisdom of the forum members.

This is still experimental at this point, but I think it will be fun to at least see how far this can go. Let the pitches begin.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Skull
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 10:39:33 AM »

Pitch 1

The caretaker of a "Body Farm" must destroy the Goul that's eating all the corpse.

Skull
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 10:47:03 AM »

Pitch 2

A cheating henchman is forced to run into the zombie infested woods with handcuffs.

Skull
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 10:51:33 AM »

Pitch 3

Inspired by a true story ~ A cult leader on a cruise ship with hippy slaves searching for alien lifeforms and finds one in the Bermuda Triangle.
Skull
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 10:55:18 AM »

Pitch 4

Avid b-movie fanatic becomes serial killer upon getting fed up with remake after remake. Starts going after the filmmakers responsible.

(Credit goes to Flick James)
Skull
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 11:02:23 AM »

Pitch 5

The hairs on a person's body suddenly came alive and decide to leave by painfully plucking themselves out.

[Ok... I'm going to take a break from the pitches for now]
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 11:11:29 AM »

I'm flattered you liked that.  Cheers

Skull
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 11:35:00 AM »

I'm flattered you liked that.  Cheers

I can picture some good kills (one director sliced by a glove claws, another by a chainsaw, another with a plastic bag... maybe one with a lightsaber [for the remastered New Hope]) although the budget is another story... would be an interesting script... :)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 01:11:14 PM »

UNTITLED WESTERN SCI-FI PROJECT

It's sixguns versus rayguns as a bounty hunter and two desperadoes form an unlikely alliance to foil aliens' plans to invade the Old West.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 02:09:55 PM »

Pitch -

An obsessed and unbalanced fan of an actress begins to kill, one by one, the paparazzi who hound her. His obsession intensifies as he begins to feel entitled to the actress' gratitude.

feiyen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 02:46:43 PM »

Pitch

Stuffed animals come back to life to wreak havoc on the owners that mistreated them.

Me and my partners comics
http://www.eyeshock.com
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 03:27:26 PM »

Pitch -

Identical twin sisters are separated at birth. One begins to commit crimes and murders and implicating the other, who is at first unaware she has an identical twin.

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 04:20:07 PM »

Pitch -

An obsessed and unbalanced fan of an actress begins to kill, one by one, the paparazzi who hound her. His obsession intensifies as he begins to feel entitled to the actress' gratitude.

Sorry, but my time is too valuable to read something that long.  Try to keep it under 25 words next time.   Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 04:21:12 PM »

Pitch:

An amateur filmmaker risks his life by filming a documentary on a family of cannibals with the actual family.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:05:43 AM by diamondwaspvenom » Logged
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 04:22:53 PM »

Pitch:

Three unpopular bounty hunters get their chance to regain recognition when an old man hires them to kill a mutant that has been stealing his prune juice.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 04:33:40 PM by diamondwaspvenom » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-MOVIE PITCHES!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.