Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:00:28 PM
713350 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Tim Burton to relaunch Addams Family « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tim Burton to relaunch Addams Family  (Read 4257 times)
Joe the Destroyer
« on: March 19, 2010, 07:20:36 AM »

http://www.joblo.com/tim-burton-directs-addams-family-for-universal

So, is he just reduced to adapted scripts now?  Seems like that's all he ever does anymore.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 01:17:37 PM »

I don't think the Addams Family would work in anything other than live action.  Part of the charm is seeing real people act in bizarre ways with weirdo props and such. 
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 03:35:56 PM »

I don't think the Addams Family would work in anything other than live action.  Part of the charm is seeing real people act in bizarre ways with weirdo props and such. 

I agree.  I also think the ones with Raul Julia were great mainly because the cast worked.  All the key players nailed their characters, plus the set and atmosphere were both very well done.  I honestly think this next film will be as dull as the Addams Family Saturday morning cartoon that came after the movies.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 06:27:27 PM »

I've made it known on this board that I love the original Addams Family movies.  They are loaded with tongue in cheek humor and as Joe stated, the first case worked.  

Tim Burton would take it way too seriously and the wonderful humor the first two displayed will be shoved into the toliet.   I have no doubt too he'll make it too dark which would in fact be odd for the Addams family.  I'm quite sick of Tim Burton as you can tell.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 09:43:16 PM »

I'm quite sick of Tim Burton as you can tell.

I used to like Burton a lot, but I am getting sick of him too.  I just wish he'd work with his own material rather than other source material (although he did do good with Batman).
Jim H
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 02:48:34 AM »

I agree.  I also think the ones with Raul Julia were great mainly because the cast worked.  All the key players nailed their characters, plus the set and atmosphere were both very well done.  I honestly think this next film will be as dull as the Addams Family Saturday morning cartoon that came after the movies.

Well, Burton DID do The Corpse Bride.  And, surprise surprise, that's my favorite film of his in the past 15 years.

Also, I have to agree.  When it comes to an ensemble cast bringing life to characters from the page (a single panel comic, in this case), I don't think it was ever done better than the Addams Family.  Great films.  Raul Julia will always be Gomez.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 05:14:24 AM »

Forgot about Corpse Bride.  That actually was good. 

Makes up for Planet of the Apes. TongueOut
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 11:56:28 PM »

Hey did you guys forgot he made the first two Addams Family movies. BounceGiggle
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 12:25:10 AM »

Hey did you guys forgot he made the first two Addams Family movies. BounceGiggle

I just checked the IMDb list.  I don't see his name on either.  I see a Barry Sonnenfield for a director, and a list of producers who aren't named Tim Burton.  What's more is I don't remember him being involved. 

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0101272/fullcredits#writers

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106220/fullcredits#cast

Of course, I could have missed it.  TeddyR
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 02:38:37 AM »

Well oops. But I thought I heard it was his work on that stupid Entertainment Tonight.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 04:50:17 PM »

Well, I'm not interested.

He is involved in a number of other film projects.

Director/Producer/Writer
"Frankenweenie"
which would be a full length treatment of his previous short subject from 1984.

Producer
"Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter"
which I mentioned on another thread.

And he is associated with a remake of the film "Dark Shadows" and a version of "Sleeping Beauty" called "Maleficent," which would deal with the fairy tale from the villainess' viewpoint.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Tim Burton to relaunch Addams Family « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.