Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:01:30 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  3 movies - a death ray, an alien, and spheres in the ocean « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 3 movies - a death ray, an alien, and spheres in the ocean  (Read 4858 times)
Cody
New Visitor

« on: March 20, 2010, 04:18:31 AM »

I'm trying to work out three different movies :)

One I'm pretty sure was in black and white, it involved a weird scientist guy building some kind of death ray in his attic, which his neighbours weren't too happy about.

The other was an alien, kind of tall with a round head, and it would throw these starfish like things that had teeth and would eat people. There was a scene with a guy driving down the road and a lot of them falling on his car, then he found refuge in a cabin in the woods...

The final movie is the one I've been looking for for the longest, nobody knows what it is! I never saw it, I only ever saw the VHS video cover in the 80s or 90s... it was a picture of 1 or 3 silver spheres rising from the ocean (on stands), with a horizontal window slit on each and people inside. I had a feeling it was a disaster movie. But I've been through all of IMDB looking for that (and I also thought it had numbers in the title but I went through ALL the numbers-in-title movies, and didn't find it).

These were all in English. I live in Australia. Any takers? :)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 10:35:38 AM »

#2 is almost certainly "Without Warning" (1980)

IMDb entry:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081764/

Can you describe more of the first?  Any specific characters, time period it was set in, when you saw it.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Cody
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 10:50:48 AM »

I'm hoping my details from memory won't embarrass me :)

I saw it in the mid 80s on VHS. I remember it was an old-style house in a suburban setting with the scientist (Doctor something) building a death ray in the attic. I think he was pointing it at the street to kill people, and it ended with someone going up into the attic and wrestling with him trying to destroy it.

It was fairly serious though perhaps a little campy. He may have had something to do with Nazis but I don't think they played a role in the movie. I can't be positive it was black and white, but I think it was.

I'm trying so hard not to mix this up with Honey I shrunk the kids. Hehe.

Cody
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 11:03:26 AM »

3rd one is Holocaust 2000 (1977)! I can't believe I finally found it! So, just the death ray one to go ...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2010, 11:28:09 AM »

The first one sounds like the SECRET OF DOCTOR MABUSE (1963).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058667/combined

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  3 movies - a death ray, an alien, and spheres in the ocean « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.