Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:42:07 AM
714256 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-MOVIE PITCHES PART DEUX!!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: B-MOVIE PITCHES PART DEUX!!!  (Read 7952 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 05:15:37 PM »

PD = Public Domain.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 05:21:42 PM »

I just had another related idea...you could have, instead of heroes, annoying characters who meet their demise via stock footage or even a mix of both.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 05:44:03 PM »

PD = Public Domain.

Aha. Thanks. I figured it was something painfully simple like that. You raised a good production point in genera, though. PD stock footage is going to be our friend.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 06:37:45 PM »

Pitch

A nerdy scientist named Melvin Schieneker invents a machine (made from a toaster) that accidently turns him into a slightly deformed, badass, foul-mouthed biker.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 06:39:19 PM by diamondwaspvenom » Logged
Skull
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 09:59:30 PM »

Pitch

A nerdy scientist named Melvin Schieneker invents a machine (made from a toaster) that accidently turns him into a slightly deformed, badass, foul-mouthed biker.

quite funny if the toaster is alive :)
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 03:37:23 PM »

Just posting to keep the thread up on the ranks. The thread seems to be winding down, so I think I'm going to put the updated poll up on Friday instead of Monday. If you have any pitches, get them in before Friday.

Skull
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 03:42:24 PM »

Just posting to keep the thread up on the ranks. The thread seems to be winding down, so I think I'm going to put the updated poll up on Friday instead of Monday. If you have any pitches, get them in before Friday.

Flick your mind works like a Hollywood Producter *Snap-to-it**Snap-to-it**Snap-to-it**My-Time-is-money* lol (Ok, I'm being funny... )  BounceGiggle

I'm good either friday or monday... I think I gave enough "free pitches" the others will cost after I write them... :)
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 03:47:41 PM »

Flick your mind works like a Hollywood Producter *Snap-to-it**Snap-to-it**Snap-to-it**My-Time-is-money* lol (Ok, I'm being funny... )  BounceGiggle

I'm good either friday or monday... I think I gave enough "free pitches" the others will cost after I write them... :)

I could never direct. I'm generally very mild-mannered, but put me in a director's chair and I would turn into a totalitarian in an instant. I'm much easier to get along with in collaborative scenario where I'm not the one in charge.  Smile

Skull
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 03:52:09 PM »

I could never direct. I'm generally very mild-mannered, but put me in a director's chair and I would turn into a totalitarian in an instant. I'm much easier to get along with in collaborative scenario where I'm not the one in charge.  Smile

You have the heart and soul of a producer... :)
Berko
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 08:04:27 PM »

Tried to keep em all pretty short.

genre: Animal Revenge - A restaurant becomes haunted by hungry cat souls, after the boss has the back ally cats killed, when he learned they were being given free food.

genre: Slasher - 9 people go into the dessert to experience spiritual enlightenment, but one decides his destiny is to kill everyone.

genre: Monster - High Schooler's are transformed into mutants, after the nerds are excluded from the party of the year. The nerds then feel bad and turn themselves into monsters to fight the other ones.

genre: Revenge - A teacher who mocks a hypnotist is taught a lesson. Whenever he hears his name, he will forget the previous 24 hours.

genre: Aliens - IA farmer learns that some nazi aliens in his barn are waiting for a group of Hindu aliens to come and steal his cows, so they can kill them.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 08:18:49 PM »

Here's an idea if we're going with the anthology format.  I don't think it could be stretched out to full lenght. 

The Painting. 
A mother buys a new painting for the house.  Her kid doesn't like it and thinks it's creepy.  One night, when left alone with it, he notices that whenever he takes his eyes off the painting, the figure in it shifts positions.  Eventually, he goes to touch just so he can prove to himself that it's just a painting, except when he does, it ripples like water. 

When the mothers comes back home later, she sees her son banging on the paining from the inside trying to get back out. ... then the man in the painting comes up from behind her.  Cut to black. 
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 09:31:04 PM »

Here's an idea if we're going with the anthology format.  I don't think it could be stretched out to full lenght. 

The Painting. 
A mother buys a new painting for the house.  Her kid doesn't like it and thinks it's creepy.  One night, when left alone with it, he notices that whenever he takes his eyes off the painting, the figure in it shifts positions.  Eventually, he goes to touch just so he can prove to himself that it's just a painting, except when he does, it ripples like water. 

When the mothers comes back home later, she sees her son banging on the paining from the inside trying to get back out. ... then the man in the painting comes up from behind her.  Cut to black. 

I really like it, and I want to include it on the poll. One problem, it goes too far beyond the 25-words limit. Please resubmit it in an shorter version. Keep the longer description handy for if it is developed further, but for the pitch it really has to be closer to 25 words. I just have to try and keep it fairly uniform to all. A few words over is okay, but too much and the poll is going to be a novel.

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2010, 11:16:20 PM »

Short version

Mom buys creepy painting and leaves kid alone with it.  Painting turns out to be haunted/alive/whatever and traps the kid inside taking his place outside. 

Although explaining it like that, I think you lose all the impact. 
Skull
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 06:28:46 AM »

Short version

Mom buys creepy painting and leaves kid alone with it.  Painting turns out to be haunted/alive/whatever and traps the kid inside taking his place outside. 

Does this sound better?

Mom buys a painting; Her kid notices a figure is shifting positions, in disbelief he touches the artwork that absorbs him and frees the figure.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2010, 09:18:49 AM »

Short version

I totally understand. It's a very good short movie idea. But in fairness I can't have one pitch being far above 25 words when everyone else is held to it. I recommend waiting for the day of the poll (which is tomorrow) and putting in a post early expounding on your idea a bit more. People are going to read the replies. The replies are there to influence votes, whether you're explaining your own or approving of someone else's. Let me know if you would prefer I post your shorter version or the one Skull suggested.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-MOVIE PITCHES PART DEUX!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.