Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:49:36 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-MOVIE PITCHES PART DEUX!!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: B-MOVIE PITCHES PART DEUX!!!  (Read 7870 times)
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 10:37:04 AM »

Short version

Mom buys creepy painting and leaves kid alone with it.  Painting turns out to be haunted/alive/whatever and traps the kid inside taking his place outside. 

Although explaining it like that, I think you lose all the impact. 

Does this sound better?

Mom buys a painting; Her kid notices a figure is shifting positions, in disbelief he touches the artwork that absorbs him and frees the figure.
That is a bit  better.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 10:48:36 AM »

Short version

Mom buys creepy painting and leaves kid alone with it.  Painting turns out to be haunted/alive/whatever and traps the kid inside taking his place outside. 

Does this sound better?

Mom buys a painting; Her kid notices a figure is shifting positions, in disbelief he touches the artwork that absorbs him and frees the figure.
That is a bit  better.

Okey dokey. Will do. I do like the way your idea was set up from the start.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Skull
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 10:54:59 AM »

Short version

Does this sound better?

That is a bit  better.

Thanks, I tried to keep it as you have written and had a fun time debating if I could add "creepy" or not... I think creepy is subjective and its assumed to be creepy since a figure is moving within the artwork...

:)
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2010, 11:33:14 AM »

Another idea based on a Japanese Urban Legend.  Again, this only works in short film format.

Short summary. 
Something waits in a stall in the woman's restroom.  Anyone that goes in is never seen again. 

Here's the long summary.

A woman goes into a dirty and poorly lit public restroom only to find the all the stalls are out of order except one, but it's closed.  She tries to peek under the door and see if anybody is there.  She doesn't see anyone so she tries the door.  Locked.  She knocks only to hear a little girl's voice say "I'm not done."  She waits, she's getting antsy and tries knocking again, each time she's told "I'm not done yet."  After a while, the door creeks open just slightly but the girl doesn't come out.  The woman calls but gets no answer.  She goes to look and as soon as she reaches the door, something reaches out and grabs her, pulling her in.  The door closes behind her.  Then it goes quiet.  There's no movement or sound and no legs are visible from under the stall.  The girls voice says "I'm done now."
Skull
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2010, 12:07:28 PM »

Another idea based on a Japanese Urban Legend.  Again, this only works in short film format.

Short summary. 
Something waits in a stall in the woman's restroom.  Anyone that goes in is never seen again. 

Here's the long summary.

A woman goes into a dirty and poorly lit public restroom only to find the all the stalls are out of order except one, but it's closed.  She tries to peek under the door and see if anybody is there.  She doesn't see anyone so she tries the door.  Locked.  She knocks only to hear a little girl's voice say "I'm not done."  She waits, she's getting antsy and tries knocking again, each time she's told "I'm not done yet."  After a while, the door creeks open just slightly but the girl doesn't come out.  The woman calls but gets no answer.  She goes to look and as soon as she reaches the door, something reaches out and grabs her, pulling her in.  The door closes behind her.  Then it goes quiet.  There's no movement or sound and no legs are visible from under the stall.  The girls voice says "I'm done now."

interesting... another nice idea... :)
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2010, 01:31:11 PM »

One more pitch, then I'll stop.

This idea just popped into my head.  I don't have anything to flesh it out with, I don't know where it's going, but I'm sure somebody would be able to take the idea and do something with it.

What if you could get a license to be a homicidal maniac? 

They can't arrest you because the guy would legally allowed to do it.  Would you have limits on what weapons you could use?  What victims you're allowed? 

Somehow I get the image of a guy walking down the street wearing bloody clothes and a hockey mask, with nobody paying him any attention, maybe taking the bus or something like that.  Having him just behaving like a normal everyday Joe until he happens to see somebody walk by with "VICTIM" written on their T-shirt. 

I dunno though.  It's just a random idea I thought I'd sahre. 
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2010, 01:46:49 PM »

Okay. I'm no longer taking pitches. I now have over 30. That's plenty. Stand by for the poll. If you happen to have a brilliant idea before I put the poll up, better get it in. I'll do a last-minute check before I throw it up.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-MOVIE PITCHES PART DEUX!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.