Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:24:13 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  The Wikipedia Game « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Wikipedia Game  (Read 5868 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: August 30, 2011, 03:40:14 PM »

I don't know how this is going to work, but I'll give it a shot.

I was looking up Peter Sellers on Wikipedia, and found myself doing something I do often when on that site. When reading a wikipedia article, almost invariably a hyperlink will jump out at me and I will click on it out of interest, and then the same thing will happen on the next article, and before I know it I've looked at 3, 4, 5, articles and find myself wondering what article I started off with. For example, I went from an article about Peter Sellers to David Frost to The Nixon Interviews to The Watergate Tapes. So if somebody went through 4 articles, and somebody only knew the first article and the last article, it might be a fun challenge to see if he/she could figure out how the person got from the first article to the last one. It would be too easy if it were a total of only two articles because all a person would have to do is Ctrl + F the name of the second article and find it instantly, so a funner challenge would be if it were 3 articles or more and knowing only the first and last article. Kind of like 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon.

So here's the game and how it works:

1. Read a Wikipedia article on any subject at all, and click on any hyperlink in the article leading to another article, and keep going until a minimum of 3 articles have been accessed, but a maximum of 6, including the first and last article.

2. Post the full title of the first article and the full title of the last title only. Also post the total number of articles. For example: Peter Sellers to Watergate Tapes in 4 articles. Make sure you bold-face or italicize the article titles so it is clear.

3. Other members will then see if they can trace the full path of all articles it took to get from the first article to the last article in the same number of articles. The path must be found in the exact same number of articles, neither more nor less.

4. Once solved, the solver then posts a new one.

I think this could be a fun game.

So, since I'm starting the game I guess I'm it.

Dr. Strangelove to Spain in 4 articles.

GO!

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 03:49:49 PM »

Oh, and ALL articles have to be Wikipedia articles. In other words, you can't click on a link that takes you away from Wikipedia to an article on another site.

Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 04:58:40 PM »

I am going to guess there are many different pathways to Rome, so the steps in the answer will probably usually be different than the original steps taken.

Here's how I got yours:

1. Dr. Strangelove
2. Cold War
3. Cuba
4. Spain

And here is the puzzle I am proposing:

Thomas Pynchon to Fugue state in 4 articles.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 05:37:18 PM »

I am going to guess there are many different pathways to Rome, so the steps in the answer will probably usually be different than the original steps taken.

Here's how I got yours:

1. Dr. Strangelove
2. Cold War
3. Cuba
4. Spain

And here is the puzzle I am proposing:

Thomas Pynchon to Fugue state in 4 articles.

As long as the number of articles match. Interested, I got there by:

1. Dr. Strangelove
2. George C. Scott
3. Patton (film)
4. Spain (because the film was shot primarily in Spain)

It will be interesting to see how the game goes. Thanks for playing. Now I'll get started on yours.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Games  |  The Wikipedia Game « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.