Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:26:33 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Anthropomorphic Oddities « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Anthropomorphic Oddities  (Read 11952 times)
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2010, 01:04:37 PM »

"Back to the Barnyard" has weird anthropomorphized animals...so weird, male bovine have udders.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2010, 01:40:12 PM »

"Back to the Barnyard" has weird anthropomorphized animals...so weird, male bovine have udders.

Well, okay. Emphasis on Anthropomorphic "oddities" on that one, ulthar.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 01:47:49 PM »

I remember reading an old Disney comic where Donald Duck went duck hunting. 

Donald being his normal self and the ducks he was shooting it being normal ducks.  That's just all kinds of wrong there. 

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2010, 08:07:58 AM »

What about Tom and Jerry?  They have a hunter/prey type relationship-yet they often use human devices, walk upright, and even seem to be able to communicate with other animals.

While this might not be an "Anthropomorphic" odditiy, It's always bugged me when in cartoons or movies, you see snakes blink.  Snakes don't have eyelids.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
ulthar

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2010, 06:10:43 PM »

"Spongebob Squarepants" has Mr. Crabs, a crab, who owns a restaurant that serves crab burgers.  Spongebob's pet is a snail named Gary who meows like a cat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2010, 10:42:43 PM »

I thought the Crabby Patty was just named after Mr. Crabs.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
ulthar

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2010, 07:59:03 AM »

I thought the Crabby Patty was just named after Mr. Crabs.

Maybe...I never thought that.

But, okay, so you have an anthropomorphized crab serving beef burgers.  Perhaps a little better, but not much.   BounceGiggle

--Real Genius
ChaosTheory

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2010, 11:46:02 PM »

"Spongebob Squarepants" has Mr. Crabs, a crab, who owns a restaurant that serves crab burgers.  Spongebob's pet is a snail named Gary who meows like a cat.

Not only that, but the crab has a whale for a daughter.  How does that even work? 

Ren and Stimpy was another one that had kind of an odd structure, where they both had mostly human characteristics, but Stimpy still used a litter box.

And then there's Chowder, which throws animals together with fantasy creatures.  You've got a human-behaving cat living with two pixies and whatever Schnitzel is (his appearance & personality kind of remind me of a badger), a human-behaving rabbit with (I think) a gremlin, a shopkeeper who kind of looks like a wooly mammoth (which throws extinct animals into the mix) and nobody uses real names for food.

BTW this thread is awesome  Smile

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 06:48:41 PM »

Brian in Family Guy I have always found to be a oddity. For one he is one of the few fully articulate and functioning animal characters in the show, even most dogs don't display the same level of humanity, yet he also gets into those uncontrollable urges that plague dogs like drinking out of the toilet, getting into the trash, and licking himself.
But the thing I find the strangest and most disturbing about Brian is the enormous amounts of bestiality that goes on and nobody mentions it. I know its a cartoon, but the women never even seem to notice he is a dog and nobody ever brings up him and having sex with human women. He went after Puterschmidts dog in one episode but it wound up that Ted Turner knocked that dog up, people seemed disturbed by that.

Smells like popcorn and shame
Raffine

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2010, 08:28:04 AM »

Another of Brian's dog-like characteristics is that he barks uncontrollably at black people. He is also deeply ashamed that he does that. I've always wondered if this was a sly nod to Sam Fuller's controversial film WHITE DOG.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2010, 11:04:08 AM »

Brian in Family Guy I have always found to be a oddity. For one he is one of the few fully articulate and functioning animal characters in the show, even most dogs don't display the same level of humanity, yet he also gets into those uncontrollable urges that plague dogs like drinking out of the toilet, getting into the trash, and licking himself.
But the thing I find the strangest and most disturbing about Brian is the enormous amounts of bestiality that goes on and nobody mentions it. I know its a cartoon, but the women never even seem to notice he is a dog and nobody ever brings up him and having sex with human women. He went after Puterschmidts dog in one episode but it wound up that Ted Turner knocked that dog up, people seemed disturbed by that.
He also is the father of a human child from a previous relationship he had with a woman.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Anthropomorphic Oddities « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.