Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:40:15 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What type of B-movie fan do you consider yourself to be? « previous next »
Poll
Question: What kind of b-movie fan do you consider yourself to be?
Casual B-movie Fan - 9 (10.3%)
Bad Movie Extremist - 8 (9.2%)
Decade Snob (ie. only watch b-movies from the 50's to 90's or just one decade.) - 6 (6.9%)
Z-grade connoisseur - 6 (6.9%)
Slasher Freak - 8 (9.2%)
Monster Maniac - 17 (19.5%)
Alien Invasion Geek - 3 (3.4%)
Experiments Gone Wrong Lover - 3 (3.4%)
Post Apocalyptic Fan - 6 (6.9%)
Zombie Worshipper - 8 (9.2%)
Mutant Guru - 1 (1.1%)
Exploitation Addict - 3 (3.4%)
Italian Cheese Fan - 8 (9.2%)
Werewolf Fan - 1 (1.1%)
Vampire Fan - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What type of B-movie fan do you consider yourself to be?  (Read 5961 times)
diamondwaspvenom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 23, 2010, 07:44:50 PM »

What kind of bad movie fan do you believe yourself to be? I'm a combination of a decade snob (I primarily watch bad movies from the 80's), a casual fan and a monster maniac.

What about you guys?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 08:17:58 PM by diamondwaspvenom » Logged
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 08:52:50 PM »

Mostly a Monster Maniac with a tendency for anything Prehistoric/dinosaur in Nature.  Or cryptozological.  Some bouts of Slasher, Alien, experimentation-whatever I'm in the mode for.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 09:35:54 PM »

We have had long winded debates about  whether a "B-movie" is a Bad Movie or a Bad Movie is a B-movie.  I don't think there was ever a consensus.  Certainly many Bad Movies have "B" budgets, but are often good or even great!!  Sometimes, they're so lame, er, BAD, they are superior entertainment.  And sometimes Bad is just not good.  Whatever it is, I think it's an important distinction to consider, because plenty of A-movies are Bad, like TITANIC (1997) which is really bad, yet made billions (?) and cost 100 million, if ever there was an "A" picture that's also a Bad Movie, that Academy Award winner is it.  EDIT: DELETED

Oh, and I picked Exploitation Addict.   Smile
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 12:30:10 AM by Allhallowsday » Logged

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 09:51:30 PM »

I always find myself watching b-movies of all kinds from South Africa or Italy from the early 1980's to the late 1990's, however they use wind up being Conan knock-offs, post-apocalypse (Mad Max ripoffs), or Sci-Fi.
I do love monster movies, but nothing too unpredictable comes from them, I live for WTF moments in b-movies.
Recently I've been getting into those Bulgarian shark movies from 2000-present!

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 02:48:26 AM »

I always find myself watching b-movies of all kinds from South Africa

I preserve most of those at the place I work at.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
joejoeherron
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 03:51:10 AM »

I just like bad movies. I mostly watch the italian PA films or flicks that might have been shown at a drive in in the '60s or '70s.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 05:19:24 AM »

I think I'm a combo of a Bad Movie Extremist and a Monster Maniac. Though I fluctuate.
If it's a bad movie with lotsa monsters-like the WEREWOLF VS THE VAMPIRE WOMEN, any Godzilla monster rumble,or lotsa old horror stars running rampant-(ie: the BLACK SLEEP,DRACULA VS FRANKENSTEIN,etc....) cool.
Of course,if it has Bela Lugosi-I can enjoy  even his most intolerable drek-(BELA LUGOSI MEETS A BROOKLYN GORILLA,the APEMAN,etc...).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 07:05:19 AM »

I'm just a movie fan ~ period. Granted there are films that I don't like ~ anti-South African films are one genre that I dislike intensely ~ but I am open to anything that will entertain me in some way and take me away from my troubles for a bit.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 07:31:57 AM »

I mostly enjoy monsters movies, they usually provide the variety of cheese I favor.  Alien invasion, or anything sci-fi is great as well.  Post-apocalyptic is another fave. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 09:33:12 AM »

I chose casual only because it was the closest fit, I'm probably somewhere between casual and extremist. I enjoy this site quite a bit but I'm not nearly as well-versed as many others here. I think I'm enough of a fan where I can offer relevant comments, and like to think I can distinguish between a good b-movie and a bad b-movie. I would maybe throw in a tinge of decade snob, and I am fond of 70's B.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 10:46:56 AM »

To most people here that know me well, this will come as no surprise...

I'd probably have to say that I'd fall under the catergory of "decade snob" as you put it. Looking at my movie collection, it's all 80s bad/b-movie stuff and then that's in addition to the stacks of other 80s teen/drama/comedy/action crap I have.

Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 10:54:33 AM »

To most people here that know me well, this will come as no surprise...

I'd probably have to say that I'd fall under the catergory of "decade snob" as you put it. Looking at my movie collection, it's all 80s bad/b-movie stuff and then that's in addition to the stacks of other 80s teen/drama/comedy/action crap I have.
I'm a decade snob too I'd say because usually when browsing I avoid B-movies shot after 1990. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 11:03:47 AM »

I chose "Casual" for the same reasons as Flick James: I enjoy the movies and they represent most of what I watch, but I am nowhere near as knowlegeable as the 'gurus' on here.  I do hope I can offer relevant comments, and I am able to follow and enjoy the various discussions even if I do not participate.

I also checked Monsters, Alien Invasions and Experiments gone wrong (wish I could have included Werewolves and Vampires too!): I will try to catch anything SF or cheesy that comes my way.  And the older the better!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 01:11:42 PM »

I'm a casual b-movie fan.  I just love movies, B-movies included.  I've gone through periods where my devotion to Bs waxes and wanes.  But I've never been interested in specializing in one narrow genre, or in watching more "bad" movies than good ones. 

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 02:15:37 PM »

I'd say I'm more of a "casual" B movie fan, too.  I prefer my "B" movies in the realm of horror, scifi, monster and so on.   I love the older movies more so  ... old Dracula, werewolf, monster and bad experiment etc.  I favor "B" movies that are good vs bad "B" movies - if that makes sense!  I do like "cheeze" if it makes me roar with unintended laughter.   Smile

Hold onto your dreams ....
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What type of B-movie fan do you consider yourself to be? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.