Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:21:12 PM
714361 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What type of B-movie fan do you consider yourself to be? « previous next »
Poll
Question: What kind of b-movie fan do you consider yourself to be?
Casual B-movie Fan - 9 (10.3%)
Bad Movie Extremist - 8 (9.2%)
Decade Snob (ie. only watch b-movies from the 50's to 90's or just one decade.) - 6 (6.9%)
Z-grade connoisseur - 6 (6.9%)
Slasher Freak - 8 (9.2%)
Monster Maniac - 17 (19.5%)
Alien Invasion Geek - 3 (3.4%)
Experiments Gone Wrong Lover - 3 (3.4%)
Post Apocalyptic Fan - 6 (6.9%)
Zombie Worshipper - 8 (9.2%)
Mutant Guru - 1 (1.1%)
Exploitation Addict - 3 (3.4%)
Italian Cheese Fan - 8 (9.2%)
Werewolf Fan - 1 (1.1%)
Vampire Fan - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 27

Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What type of B-movie fan do you consider yourself to be?  (Read 5995 times)
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 03:36:46 PM »

I'm a casual fan, just due to time pressure.  But I focus almost exclusively on monsters and sci fi.   I don't like exploitation, horror, or slashers much.   
I think I'm big into high cheese factor, frankly.   
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
flackbait

The fate of the last door to door salesmen

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 03:40:51 PM »

I'm definitely just a casual fan, but if I had to choose a group I'd say I like the cheesy action flicks, and 50s b films the most.
Oh and I really really really like war films, but a lot of those aint bad movies/B-films.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 03:43:41 PM by flackbait » Logged
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 03:45:05 PM »

Interesting that so many go with casual. You would think at a site like this you would get my extremists. Just goes to show you that b-movie fans hate to be classified.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 04:33:01 PM »

I voted for Decade Snob (as I definitely prefer movies by decade, most of all I like 1950s, then I'd say the 30s, 40s, 60s, 70s, 20s, 80s and finally the 90s in that order. Stuff made the last two decades I tend to like a lot less but I will still give some of it a try), Bad Movie Extremist (as I'll sometimes watch movies over and over again almost no one else would), Monster Maniac (as if there's a monster in a movie, I'm probably ten times more likely to watch it) and Post-Apocalyptic Fan as I do tend to watch an awful lot of movies about the end of the world and its possible aftermath. I could have easily selected several others there too especially Werewolf and Vampire Fan and Alien Invasion Fan but I see them all as monsters too. I've watched my share of slashers to be honest - more a guilty pleasure for me (most owe everything to gaillos) and after all most feature what are in essence again monsters. I have watched my share of exploitation, blaxploitation, women in prison, Juvenile Delinquency, etc. films...I am NOT a fan of torture films or films that just seem to wallow in depravity and I find most cheesecake films boring.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Paquita

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2010, 05:22:59 PM »

I love Italian/European movies!  Even if they're really awful the women (and sometimes men) are usually wearing something so bizarre that I'm mesmerized by it for the entire duration of the movie.  We just watched the Devil came from Akasava the other day and Soledad Miranda wore a tore up garbage bag with flowers on it and a green crocheted dress throughout most of the movie - with nothing underneath!  I couldn't tell you what the movie was about though, and I fell asleep toward the end of it, but I will always have fond memories.

Other than that I'm probably a decade snob, I have to be forced into watching anything made after 2000 that isn't Harry Potter.

I already forgot the other ones I picked.
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2010, 11:58:29 PM »

I'm sort of hard to classify, I would say a Zombie Fanatic...but Zombie Chronicles ruined that streak. I just love movies, but I am more than a casual viewer.
voltron

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 11:19:36 AM »

I chose deacde snob cause I pretty much only watch b movies from the 70s and 80s. I also chose slasher freak (Just Before Dawn, baby!), zombie worshipper (Nightmare City!), and Italian cheese (Ghosthouse!) - I don't know what it is exactly but the Italians have a knack for great/awful horror cinema that has so much atmosphere it's sick.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 12:24:39 PM »

Interesting that so many go with casual. You would think at a site like this you would get my extremists. Just goes to show you that b-movie fans hate to be classified.

Out in the general population, I would be willing to bet that many of us are considered fanatics and/or even experts - relatively speaking.  Here among our 'peers' a different perspective applies.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Pilgermann

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 12:55:29 PM »

Out in the general population, I would be willing to bet that many of us are considered fanatics and/or even experts - relatively speaking.  Here among our 'peers' a different perspective applies.

That's quite true.  On this board I feel like I'm uneducated in the b-realm, but I feel like an encylopedia of badness around most people I know.  Whenever the subject of b-movies comes up at work, one of my coworkers always has to say that she loves them, but she always mentions how she used to watch USA Up All Night and that she owns Earth Girls are Easy on DVD.  The only interesting thing she has to add is that the father of one of her friends was the titular monster in The Thing That Couldn't Die, but I think she's confused on what part he played 'cause the actor who played it died.

I chose Casual and Monster Maniac.  I mostly chose casual because I don't gravitate toward a specific era or genre, not counting monster movies (the big rubber-suit variety).  What I've come to realize is that most people who are into b-movies seem to have broad tastes and are knowledgeable fans of film in general.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 10:35:47 PM by Pilgermann » Logged

Kaped-Kaper
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 05:44:58 PM »

I love all things horror. Monsters, Slashers, Grindhouse, and Exploitation. All a godsend if you ask me.
Berko
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 07:02:09 PM »

I love all things horror. Monsters, Slashers, Grindhouse, and Exploitation. All a godsend if you ask me.

Your a man after my own heart.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What type of B-movie fan do you consider yourself to be? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.