"Mafia on the Bounty" (1980) -- a challenge to find a lost film

(1/1)

Horrible Movie Night:
OK, guys, I need the best & brightest on this --

In researching "Microwave Massacre" (which we're showing next month at our theater show), I found star Jackie Vernon had been in a film called "Mafia on the Bounty" from 1980.  IMDB, Wikipedia, eBay, and the usual suspects were of no help.  I have heard from Jackie Vernon's son that it is "the king of bad movies" (he of course does not have a copy, but has seen it).  What I do know:

- It was supposedly never released, but a VHS exists.
- I found a vinyl album containing the "Theme from 'Mafia on the Bounty'" on eBay once, but it has since vanished.
- Filmed in San Diego
- Directed by Joseph Van Winkle, who also did "The Woman Inside" (also supposedly terrible).

There you go, for your consideration!  Happy hunting!

claws:
Would you like to show this film at your Theater or are you only interested in a VHS copy for your personal collection? If a VHS exists I'm sure a copy must be floating on the internet.

Other than that I'd recommend contacting indie DVD labels like, for example, Code Red. They usually have insight and better knowledge of the whereabouts of lost and obscure movies.

Horrible Movie Night:
Both!

If it passes muster for us, we usually try to clear the rights for our show.  Thanks for the tip on Code Red -- mayhaps I'll shoot 'em an email.  Hope they can help out.  This movie sounds like a doozy.

horriblemovienight (dot) com

The Burgomaster:
Check with Video Search of Miami, Cinema de Bizarre, and Something Weird.  They all have websites and specialize in obscure movies (mostly DVD-R copies of movies that are available in other countries).  None of them have this movie listed in stock, but they might be able to find a copy or help you find one.

Rev. Powell:
Look for producer Robert Adell, born 1925.  He probably owns the copyright.  It may well be that there are no actual film copies of the movie in existence anymore. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index