Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:29:47 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ONE WEEK AGO IN NORTHEAST TEXAS . . . « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ONE WEEK AGO IN NORTHEAST TEXAS . . .  (Read 1330 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: March 28, 2010, 05:47:32 PM »

Today it is sunny, breezy, and mild.  A typical spring day here in Hunt County - my pear trees in full bloom, the yard already crying out for its first mowing of the season.  It is maybe a tad bit cool today - about 65, I would say, at the moment - certainly no more than 70 degrees.  But this is what met my eye when I woke up last Sunday morning, March 21 -

I've seen it snow this late in the year maybe once or twice in my life, but I don't think I ever remember seeing it snow this much, this late in the year!  I heard our weatherman say this week that Dallas has not recorded a day above 80 degrees since last October 21.  This is the second longest stretch without a day above 80 since records began being kept in 1889.  And the snowstorm that struck our area on Feb. 11 this year was the heaviest snowfall EVER recorded for the Dallas/Fort Worth region.  I realize that individual weather patterns in one small area are but a tiny reflection of the global climate, but, for the record, there has been NO global warming in evidence in Northeast Texas this year!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 07:15:30 AM »

Snow is beautiful, isn't it?  You're probably jealous of us folks in Minnesota where everything looks like a Christmas card for three months each year  TeddyR

My folks spend the winter in Florida and it was the coldest on record there as well.  They were out every morning using a kitchen spatula to scrape the frost off the car windows.  It was pretty chilly here in Minnesota too.  But this week it's supposed to get up into the '70s!  Spring has sprung  Smile 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 11:10:10 PM »

Saskatoon, Canada, 14 degrees Celsius today.  (About 57 (?) Fahrenheit.)  Very little snow left on the ground. TeddyR
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 04:24:16 PM »

Chicago checking in. 68 Degrees and sunny, with robins coming out the ying yang.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  ONE WEEK AGO IN NORTHEAST TEXAS . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.