Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:20:23 PM
714191 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Use Tobacco Products? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Do You Use Tobacco Products?  (Read 3556 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: March 29, 2010, 09:47:25 PM »

I was going to make this a poll but figured I'd keep it general discussion.  There is a lot of anti-tobacco sentiment out there.  The prices for cigs are through the roof.  Its hard to even find a place to smoke anymore.  However, I still know of many people who enjoy the products.  Is there anyone here who still enjoys them?  If so what do you use? Cigs, cigars, dip, chew, etc?  

Peronally, I go on cigarillo kicks a lot.   I smoke a few weekly for a stretch then stop.   I'm in no means a serious cigar fan obviously.  Quite frankly I enjoy the mini ones much better than the larger ones.  I'm particularly a fan of flavored varieties.  Brands I usually do are Cheyennes and Phillie Blunts.  The price is often right for those.  Currently I'm looking for banana flavored Phillies but alas I can't find a single store around here that carries them.   Bluesad  I prefer to smoke inside if I do.  Luckily my neighbor lets me use his house so I don't have to stink up mine.  
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 09:51:15 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 10:06:03 PM »

No, but my dad has smoked on an off for as long as I can remember.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 11:12:28 PM »

Can't stand cigarettes myself, but I enjoy the smell of a pipe.  I live with a pack-a-day smoker, my 81 year old mother in law.  She keeps the kitchen filled with  foul fumes.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 11:17:20 PM »

I smoked one cigarette in my life.  Bleck.. that was the only tobacco product I ever had and I don't feel deprived at all.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 01:27:53 AM »

I've smoked since 1984 but due to my major health scare last year, I quit cold turkey and in April, I will have been off cigarettes for a year.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 06:47:15 AM »

I've smoked a pack a day of Marlboro 100's for many years.  Really sick of all the anti-tobacco crap, if it's people's intention to make smokers people feel like Jews in Nazi Germany or something, it's working.  It  offers a marvelous insight into the personalities of a lot of people - the media tells them it's okay to be complete a$$ holes to a certain group of people, so they take that opportunity an run with it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 06:49:29 AM by Jack » Logged

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Paquita

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 08:18:52 AM »

I've smoked a pack a day of Marlboro 100's for many years.  Really sick of all the anti-tobacco crap, if it's people's intention to make smokers people feel like Jews in Nazi Germany or something, it's working.  It  offers a marvelous insight into the personalities of a lot of people - the media tells them it's okay to be complete a$$ holes to a certain group of people, so they take that opportunity an run with it.

I grew up in a house full of smokers and I remember being 8 years old and sitting in the living room with everyone and complaining that I couldn't breathe and coughing and blowing and waving smoke out of my face and they told ME if I don't like it I should go outside.. I'm kind of enjoying how the tables have turned.

OK.. even though I don't smoke, a lot of people I love do, so I agree that the anti-tobacco stuff goes too far.  Especially those stupid truth ads, they made me want to start smoking just to spite them.

My grandmother smoked since she was 17 and stopped when she was 84, her favs were Chesterfield Kings.  She had remarkably healthy lungs, but I think its because she hardly ever smoked, she would just light the cigarette and hold it... and then stomp the ashes into the carpet.

Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 08:27:14 AM »

I've made it known on this board many times how much I DESPISE the Truth ads.  They're a bunch of pompous, disgusting college kid wannabes.  Perhaps of these @ssholes did a study on how much fast food kills people over cigs the results would be staggering.  Where I work I always laugh because if you're a smoker, you're basically screwed.  No smoking anywhere near the facility because its an unhealthy image.  However, every week the cafeteria they serve cheeseburgers, hot dogs, pizza, etc.

I agree smoking isn't healthy and nor do I feel it should be allowed in most public places.  However, if its in the bar section I don't see an issue.  Drinking and smoking kind of go hand in hand.  Just like Jack nobly put it, its all just a witch hunt to me personally. 

DarkSider's Realm

Vik
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 09:05:25 AM »

I used to smoke, I quit though. But I do waterpipe on occasion. I have nothing against smoking or people who smoke even though I quit.

“The worst kind of non-smokers are the ones that come up to you and cough. That's pretty f**king cruel isn't it? Do you go up to cripples and dance too?” - Bill Hicks.
3mnkids

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 09:43:29 AM »

I smoke cigs. I've been a smoker for wow, 26 years.  Buggedout   I don't smoke in my house or my car.

cigarette smokers are just the latest group to get targeted, they will go after overweight people, people who wear to much perfume, ...etc next. 

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 11:04:59 AM »

My wife smokes cloves.  I personally am not a fan of them but I like how they crackle when you smoke them. 

DarkSider's Realm

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 01:15:06 PM »

Fact: cigarettes make waay too much money, meaning that the government or anybody else doesn't want people to stop smoking. If people want to smoke that's fine. If people don't want to smoke that's fine too. Sure, ban smoking from indoor, public areas but don't constantly rag on the fags man!

I smoke two packs of Marlboro over one week every year, then stop....And if there wasn't a risk of me being busted, then I would gladly buy cigarettes (hell, cigars even!) for all the young kids 'round here because I want them to get cancer and die. I know that sounds extremely harsh, but I've had three relatives die through smoking and all the little street urchins live on making neighbourhoods like this a wasteland of fear and suffering...

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 01:29:00 PM »

I don't smoke and have no desire to. I plan on staying that way.

However, I don't care if people smoke as long as they are respectful about it.  I would not want somebody coming into my room and smoking, but I don't care if they smoke in their rooms.  I also hate it when people smoke in the living room which is used by everybody.

If I saw one of my teenage friends start smoking I would do everything I could to help them stop. I would not force it on them, but I would insist they don't do it anywhere near me. 

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Cthulhu

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2010, 01:34:00 PM »

I will use them as self-defense.....
/evil, mysterious laughter
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 03:32:53 PM »

No.  Never appealed to me at all. 

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Use Tobacco Products? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.