Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:28:20 AM
713394 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Use Tobacco Products? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Do You Use Tobacco Products?  (Read 3456 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2010, 08:24:49 PM »

never will, but i do agree that smoking is bad, but please don't ban it, even if it's bad for them cuz then they wouldn't be happy and both there will be jobs lost and America would go into even more debt! Buggedout

yeah no.
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 12:40:12 AM »

I mean no disrespect to the smokers in this thread, but -- you can't really lump smoking into the same discussion (of ill health effects) as you can obesity, sedentary lifestyle.   Smoking is much worse than those things.

If it were a choice made in a vacuum, I'd say, smoke as you wish.  My concerns are,

1.  Secondhand smoke exposure, which is unconscionable,
2.  the health care costs of smoking, which I must partially bear.

Before you gripe about item #2, remember -- obesity is an indirect measure of other problems that worsen healthcare outcomes (diabetes and the like).  Obesity is NOT directly related to those things, not with the kinds of associations we find with smoking cigarettes.  They are not the same kinds of risk-taking behavior, and the price tag they carry are very arguably different.

On a more personal note, I think that of all the things I've seen, dying of COPD is one of the worse ends I've seen.  Living the last decades of your life with vascular disease, heart disease, or leathery lungs is just plain stupid, and very very many of the smokers I see would tell their younger selves, "don't."
Pilgermann

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2010, 03:05:43 AM »

I don't smoke, never have.  I'd smoke weed before I'd smoke a cigarette (though I haven't done that, either).  Even though it's a stupid thing to do in the first place, I don't try and chastise others that choose to do it, they should know what sorts of horrible things it can do to them by now.  Something that really annoys me is how most smokers seem to flick their cigarette butts all over the damn place, even when an ash tray is 5 feet away from them.

I love that there's a local smoking ban in public buildings and workplaces, but I don't get why it's banned in bars; drinking and smoking kinda go together, right?

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2010, 08:04:38 AM »

I'll smoke about 2 or 3 cigars a year, but that's it.  I've never been a cigarette smoker, but I always liked the smell of cigarette smoke in bars (too bad you can't smoke in bars around here anymore).  Never got into chewing tobacco . . . just look at a few pictures of people who have had their jaws, tongues, and throats removed because of mouth cancer and you'll kick that habit in a hurry.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 08:16:22 AM »

just look at a few pictures of people who have had their jaws, tongues, and throats removed because of mouth cancer and you'll kick that habit in a hurry.

Or Andy Garcia's character of Gray Baker in Dead Again... Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Do You Use Tobacco Products? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.