Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:58:49 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Ten (or More) Commandments of Bad Movies « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: The Ten (or More) Commandments of Bad Movies  (Read 8802 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2010, 09:26:22 PM »

Thou shall be directed by Michael Bay.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2010, 01:19:14 PM »

Thou shall forget about the big name stars you really wanted for your movie and hire their less talented siblings or kids instead.

Thou shalt instruct thy leading man to pattern himself as much as possible after the John Agar!

Thou shalt get actresses, at least one or two, willing to remove some of most of their clothing. Be aware to play up it's in the name of your art.

Thou shalt add mind-numbing and often unnecessary narration during any supposed lulls in action.

Thou shalt shoot most of thine footage in old factories passing for spaceships or a futurized city.

Thou shalt have a monster eat people but never actually show it taking place in any believable fashion on screen.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2010, 02:41:09 PM »

* Thy heroes shalt have last names such as "Hunter," "Hazard," "Storm," or "Savage."

* Thy female star shalt get her clothes wet and need to change in the same room as the hero - - who she does not like (yet) - - while his back is turned (and he leers into the camera).

* Thy movie shalt have a least one henchman who weighs more than 400 pounds and appears in a least one scene where he is chasing someone on foot.

* A nerdy 12 year old boy shalt develop a plan to thwart the alien invaders before anyone from NASA can figure it out.

* Thou shalt use zooms and pans copiously, even when they have no cinematic purpose.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2010, 04:11:38 PM »

Thou shalt expand the definition of a movie star to include anyone lucky enough to get at least one role people might actually remember at any time prior to doing your movie.

Further...

Thou shalt rearrange the billing on thy DVD to highlight anyone who became a genuine movie star at some point after doing your movie.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2010, 04:16:13 PM »

Thou shalt rearrange the billing on thy DVD to highlight anyone who became a genuine movie star at some point after doing your movie.

And put a recent photograph of that person on the DVD cover, even though the movie was made in 1971.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2010, 02:57:55 PM »

Thou shalt put in ridiculous amounts of blood and gore.

Thou shalt not create intelligent nor intriguing scripts, for writing horrendous and inconsistent scripts will guarantee a reward in b-movie heaven.

Thou shalt use lizards with stuff glued on them for dinosaur f/x. It is a sin to use expensive puppetry and computer graphics.

If thy producer tries to make thy film more commercial, fire him/her immediately. It is better to enter b-movie heaven without a commercial film than to make one and be thrown into the abyss, where you will cry and be forced to watch Michael Bay and Rob Zombie movies.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 09:07:05 AM by diamondwaspvenom » Logged
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2010, 09:14:48 AM »

Thou shalt make thy killings very creative and over the top.

Thou shalt not let the annoying comic-relief survive.

Thou shalt allow the camera crew be reflected in mirrors, windows and water.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's plot.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Ten (or More) Commandments of Bad Movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.