Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:44:28 AM
714147 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Clash of the Titans (2010) « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Clash of the Titans (2010)  (Read 35432 times)
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 09:40:08 AM »

im so sick of all of you people crying and complaing

Whaddaya mean "you people?!

Babies taste best.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2010, 11:53:17 AM »

I'm actually working on a review for "Clash of the Titans." I thought it was awful...ly GOOD.... to make fun of. Such a disappointing movie, if only because the script was absolutely worthless: Perseus is a lousy hero (waaaahhh... I'm not a demigod... I'm a MAN!), the far-more-entertaining supporting characters are basically cardboard cutouts whose names you can't even remember, and there's just so many stupid moments and lots of awkward dialogue that it'll make your head spin. ("Calm your storm.")

Another epic fail from Hollywood; Louis Leterrier should be ashamed. Go sit on a bench with Kevin Smith and you think about what you've done Louis!

I hereby dub this remake.... ASS OF THE SHI TE-ANS!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 11:57:20 AM by Jordan » Logged

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Ed, Ego and Superego
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2010, 01:08:13 PM »

I haven't seen it, but I do find these CGI blockbusters in general just remove all other movie elements...plot, acting, story, humanity and humor just to show effects. 

I'll go see it if I don't have to spend much money.  I like an escape film.  But I'm aware I may not like it much as well.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2010, 02:06:23 PM »

I'm actually working on a review for "Clash of the Titans." I thought it was awful...ly GOOD.... to make fun of. Such a disappointing movie, if only because the script was absolutely worthless: Perseus is a lousy hero (waaaahhh... I'm not a demigod... I'm a MAN!), the far-more-entertaining supporting characters are basically cardboard cutouts whose names you can't even remember, and there's just so many stupid moments and lots of awkward dialogue that it'll make your head spin. ("Calm your storm.")

Another epic fail from Hollywood; Louis Leterrier should be ashamed. Go sit on a bench with Kevin Smith and you think about what you've done Louis!

I hereby dub this remake.... ASS OF THE SHI TE-ANS!

I haven't seen it, nor intend to spend my money on a ticket, but I have no problem believing your assessment. Except for one part, when you said it was disappointing. That presupposes that you expected it to have value. Can't go along with you there.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
iamrogue
New Visitor

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2010, 02:40:55 PM »

The movie sux in all kinds of ways.  The post production 3d blows, the plot blows, the pacing blows, Sam Worthington's acting blows, the unnecessary characters blow, but it made 61 million in its opening weekend which makes it a success.  A trilogy is already planned, and it will follow the same model.  Just as other movies will, because it gets rewarded.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 01:24:12 AM »

I haven't seen it, nor intend to spend my money on a ticket, but I have no problem believing your assessment. Except for one part, when you said it was disappointing. That presupposes that you expected it to have value. Can't go along with you there.

Yeah I know, I actually had high hopes (the previews and early positive buzz had me fooled, plus it didn't hurt that the "Clash of the Titans" Blu-ray came with a "free" ticket). The same thing happened to me last year with "Transformers 2" which proved to be a far more painful viewing experience. I'm hoping that "Kick Ass," "The Losers," and "The Expendables" all at least turn out to be fun worthwhile action movies.

My real hopes rest with "Iron Man 2." IF that movie sucks.... I think I'm swearing off of Hollywood productions for a while.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 09:35:56 AM »

Yeah I know, I actually had high hopes (the previews and early positive buzz had me fooled, plus it didn't hurt that the "Clash of the Titans" Blu-ray came with a "free" ticket). The same thing happened to me last year with "Transformers 2" which proved to be a far more painful viewing experience. I'm hoping that "Kick Ass," "The Losers," and "The Expendables" all at least turn out to be fun worthwhile action movies.

My real hopes rest with "Iron Man 2." IF that movie sucks.... I think I'm swearing off of Hollywood productions for a while.

Iron Man 2 WILL suck. Guaranteed. But, I understand, you'll go anyway. That's why Hollywood continues to make CGI-filled remakes and comic book adaptations. Question, and I don't mean any disrespect: did you actually have high hopes for Clash of the Titans? Sorry to be so misanthropic, but that's just who I am.

DodgerInsano
New Visitor

« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2010, 06:01:17 PM »

Remakes automatically raise red flags with me.  Looks like the red flags are completely justified.

Hey Fausto, bet you can't guess who I am.
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2010, 07:20:19 PM »

Remakes automatically raise red flags with me.  Looks like the red flags are completely justified.

Hey Fausto, bet you can't guess who I am.

Well...lets think...who else would call herself Dodger... TeddyR

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
dean

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2010, 07:40:55 AM »

If anyone is going to see it despite the mainly bad reviews in the thread, I would definitely suggest you not see it in 3D.

The film was made with 2D in mind and they wedged in the 3D effects after the fact.  As such there are many instances where the 3D elements just look like people floating on an image of themselves [this happens especially with Zeus in his fancy armor]

As for me, I didn't mind it, good mindless entertainment at best.  But for the life of me the plot was god awful and like somebody mentioned, the Gods were too inconsistent. 

"Zeus wants to destroy a city of humans, but also wants to help his son save the humans".  It was a poor script.  At no point did I believe Worthington to be a poor fisherman's son, but that's not really his fault, more just a crappy script.  He played his meat-head 'I'm gonna get revenge' roll well enough. 

But yeah, when you have a plot that involves people trying to overthrow the Gods, surely SURELY you can get a bit more drama out of it than 'do what we say or we kill the pretty girl...'

So yeah, the gods were pretty crap, although they looked sparkly enough [egads!] the Kraken wasn't too bad, but is it just me or did all the fight sequences seem to be really really quick?

Anyways, I don't rate the movie that highly but its certainly not the worst movie I've ever seen.

JUST SEE IT IN 2D and SAVE YOUR MONEY!!

That is all.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2010, 09:22:11 AM »

If anyone wants to go see another Hollywood hack remake, that's their business. But could someone explain a phenomenon I just don't understand? Here in the 2000 millenium, I hear people alot say that they are going to go spend their money to see a film that they know is going to be terrible. I'm not talking about bad in the b-movie sense, I'm talking about soulless, CGI-filled, unentertaining crap. Then they come back and tell me it was terrible and to save my money. Well, no s*** Sherlock, you knew that going into it. Personally I would rather go into a movie with no expectations whatsoever and be disappointed. At least there's the thrill of a gamble there. But, for the life of me, I can't understand why someone would spend their hard-earned money to go see something that they know ahead of time is probably going to be unentertaining. I can just shoot myself in the foot instead, at least that wouldn't be boring. Now, I know that different people find different things entertaining, but what I'm talking about is a little different. I'll actually hear people say that they're going to the movies to see some crap remake that they've heard many times is terrible, that it's probably going to suck, but they're gonna go see it anyway. Someone please explain this phenomenon because I don't get it.

Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2010, 04:23:16 PM »

So yeah, the gods were pretty crap, although they looked sparkly enough [egads!] the Kraken wasn't too bad, but is it just me or did all the fight sequences seem to be really really quick?

The whole damn thing was pretty quick. No time to develop anything beyond "this is this, and that is that."

As for why I bothered to go in the first place...I have no excuse, other than that it was with family, and I rarely ever get the chance to go to a theater. Plus general curiosity. No other reason.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2010, 04:24:23 PM »

If anyone wants to go see another Hollywood hack remake, that's their business. But could someone explain a phenomenon I just don't understand? Here in the 2000 millenium, I hear people alot say that they are going to go spend their money to see a film that they know is going to be terrible. I'm not talking about bad in the b-movie sense, I'm talking about soulless, CGI-filled, unentertaining crap. Then they come back and tell me it was terrible and to save my money. Well, no s*** Sherlock, you knew that going into it. Personally I would rather go into a movie with no expectations whatsoever and be disappointed. At least there's the thrill of a gamble there. But, for the life of me, I can't understand why someone would spend their hard-earned money to go see something that they know ahead of time is probably going to be unentertaining. I can just shoot myself in the foot instead, at least that wouldn't be boring. Now, I know that different people find different things entertaining, but what I'm talking about is a little different. I'll actually hear people say that they're going to the movies to see some crap remake that they've heard many times is terrible, that it's probably going to suck, but they're gonna go see it anyway. Someone please explain this phenomenon because I don't get it.

You sir, may just be my new hero.  Thumbup

Sidenote: Screw 3-d too!  Hatred

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2010, 04:51:05 PM »

It's funny that the orignal Clash of the Titans inspired the God of War games, which in turn where clearly the bases for this movie, which is getting a video game based on it, which looks like it's a God of War clone.  So Clash of the Titans has started this self perpetuating cycle of re-imagining.

And if you think I'm exagerating with the video game inspiration references-one of Perseus' men looks like Zangeif from Street Fighter.

Yeah, I just got back from seeing it as a matinee, so get ready for me to throw my two cents in.

First off, I agree with Fausto when he said The changes made to the story were completely unnecessary and felt at times like a lecture on the evils of religion, .  I couldn't count the number of times Sam Worthington's Perseus said something to the equivalent of "I do this not as a god, but as a man."  Seriously, that's like every third or fourth sentence out of his mouth.

Another change that was pointless was the addition of the Djinn.  I got the feeling that they existed soulley becasue the screen writer wrote himself into a corner, and couldn't figure out how to end a scene or resolve a plot point with some sort of deus ex machina.

Which brings me to thethe Bubo cameo.  Yes, I know Bubo is not well liked amongst many of the Clash or the Titan fans.  Being called an R2-D2 rip off, but here it felt more like an underhanded slap towards the original movie, as opposed to a loving nod.  

Now let's talk about monster designs.  The worst by far was Calibos, who looked more like someone who had been in a bad car wreck as opposred to being some short of man-beat.  Next is the Kraken.  Had there been a sequal to the 98 Godzilla remake.  This would have been the monster he fought.  Meduasa: well, it's not the first time I've seen a sexy Gogan-but it does make the origianl desing from Harryhausen seem a little more unique.  The stygygian witches were a little better, but not by much.  The one redesign I liked, and nobody seems to be talking about is Charon,the boatman to the river Styx.  In the orgiginal, he was just a skeleton in a cloak, but in the new one, he's basically a living extension of his ship (or is it the other way around)  I'll admit, I thought that part was kind of cool.

The really sad thing is, If there had just been one or two more rewrites of the script it could have been a decent enough remake.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2010, 04:54:30 PM »

Here's the thing though, and I know everyone is entitled to have an opinion...BUT, it didn't NEED to be remade. That's the HUGE, MASSIVE POINT. It doesn't matter even if it was half decent, because it is pointle$$ and worthle$$ (wink,wink).  Hatred

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Clash of the Titans (2010) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.