Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:49:23 AM
713341 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Clash of the Titans (2010) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Author Topic: Clash of the Titans (2010)  (Read 35281 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2010, 07:33:15 PM »

Kevin, I insist you post on this thread again!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
venomx
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2010, 07:20:36 AM »

IMO... sucked!... why did they have to diss Bubo owl like that lol?

Clash of the Titans 1981= MUCH BETTER.

Vik
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2010, 07:27:45 AM »

I decided not to go see it.  Thumbup
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2010, 08:26:26 AM »

Hollywood remake=sucks balls. I decided to NOT go see it because the equation Hollywood remake=sucks balls is there.

yeah no.
DistressedViewer
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2010, 12:59:21 PM »

I'm 14 and even I can understand how horrible this movie was. The complete first half was a lopsided mess that was way too fast. This movie can plausibly be compared to a blob rolling down a hill, and it just gathers a bunch of random things along the way. After Acrisius attacks Perseus and the mind-blurring chase begins, it really is a domino effect of whatever the hell a bunch of fat guys sitting in front of their computers could think of. I think they'll be shocked to know that Harryhausens effects look more human, are creepier in their convoluted movements, and can better tell the story through restraint of the special effects; Which doesn't seem to be the case in modern action anymore, it's more about just cramming whatever crap you can possibly think of into every shot. And maybe if they're lucky the audience will be so confused by the blur of effects that they won't know they are watching a horrible movie. I didn't care about any of the characters, and the whole movie I was complaining to myself about the needless changes in the storyline from the original. I don't quite understand why they decided to portray the gods as evil, but I'm pretty sure they just did it for the sake of Acrisius refusing them, in a desperate attempt to make him badass. Sam Worthington was a horrible choice for the movie, he's just a run-of-the-mill actor, and didn't put any personality into the roll. But maybe it's just because the script was so bad that he didn't have the chance too. The medusa scene should been creepier and slower like the original. Instead we just get yet another cookie-cutter CG montage. Their is no diversity to this film; it offers nothing more then being the remake of a classic for fans to pitty, which actually isn't an offering at all. Oh, and by the way, it's a bad sign when the audience would rather fantasize about medusa then cringe at her hideous face which is SUPPOSED to turn people to stone. THE FACE SHOULD BE HIDEOUS! This movie should be burned.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2010, 01:19:54 PM »

I'm 14 and even I can understand how horrible this movie was. The complete first half was a lopsided mess that was way too fast. This movie can plausibly be compared to a blob rolling down a hill, and it just gathers a bunch of random things along the way. After Acrisius attacks Perseus and the mind-blurring chase begins, it really is a domino effect of whatever the hell a bunch of fat guys sitting in front of their computers could think of. I think they'll be shocked to know that Harryhausens effects look more human, are creepier in their convoluted movements, and can better tell the story through restraint of the special effects; Which doesn't seem to be the case in modern action anymore, it's more about just cramming whatever crap you can possibly think of into every shot. And maybe if they're lucky the audience will be so confused by the blur of effects that they won't know they are watching a horrible movie. I didn't care about any of the characters, and the whole movie I was complaining to myself about the needless changes in the storyline from the original. I don't quite understand why they decided to portray the gods as evil, but I'm pretty sure they just did it for the sake of Acrisius refusing them, in a desperate attempt to make him badass. Sam Worthington was a horrible choice for the movie, he's just a run-of-the-mill actor, and didn't put any personality into the roll. But maybe it's just because the script was so bad that he didn't have the chance too. The medusa scene should been creepier and slower like the original. Instead we just get yet another cookie-cutter CG montage. Their is no diversity to this film; it offers nothing more then being the remake of a classic for fans to pitty, which actually isn't an offering at all. Oh, and by the way, it's a bad sign when the audience would rather fantasize about medusa then cringe at her hideous face which is SUPPOSED to turn people to stone. THE FACE SHOULD BE HIDEOUS! This movie should be burned.

Impressive analysis from a 14-year old.  I wish I could give you karma!

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2010, 01:24:53 PM »

^ I couldn't agree more, excellent post.

SlyMuffin
Dedicated Viewer

Snarky Kaiju Fanatic

« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2010, 08:03:59 PM »

This movie is proof that, unless a film is specifically DESIGNED for 3D, it falls flat. There are times when it works (CG animated movies and Avatar, for example) but overuse has made it nothing more then a gimmick.

Scott M.
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2010, 09:11:36 PM »

Just saw the movie.  I thought it was a big steaming pile of !@#%$!

I really wish Hollywood would stop rebooting old films.  It's almost like nothing new gets written any more.  They just keep re-making (and massacring) everything.  At this stage, I'm waiting for them to re-boot the classic, "2001: A Space Odyssey" as a galactic war flick with explosions and armies of monoliths attacking  and the Wayans brothers starring as the two astronauts who have to deal with HAL.

Scott M.
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2010, 09:14:08 PM »

Oh... and Michael Bay will end up directing it.
SlyMuffin
Dedicated Viewer

Snarky Kaiju Fanatic

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2010, 10:33:23 AM »

I'm waiting for an edgy remake of E.T. with a street-wise smack-talking alien.
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2010, 11:43:14 AM »

Here's the thing though, and I know everyone is entitled to have an opinion...BUT, it didn't NEED to be remade. That's the HUGE, MASSIVE POINT. It doesn't matter even if it was half decent, because it is pointle$$ and worthle$$ (wink,wink).  Hatred

Did THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD "need" to be remade?

Sorry, but that is my pet example every time this issue of remakes comes up.  There are a few other examples that could be made (FIST FULL OF DOLLARS I think has some merit here, as well).

I'm not defending the trend of low quality remakes and I have not seen the new CLASH OF THE TITANS (biiiig fan of the 1981 version), and won't see it.

I think the real question is "Where are the John Carpenters and Sergio Leones that CAN remake an earlier, high quality film and CREATE something new and just as high quality?"

I don't oppose remakes on their face - but, I will say I abhor remakes that seem premised on "upgrading" the original.  I think a key term that I've seen throughout this thread is "soulless."

Carpenter's THE THING was certainly NOT a soulless make of the original.  The soul was brought by Carpenter, Bottin, Bill Lancaster, the ENTIRE acting crew and production crew.  For example, Bottin LOVED the original Hawkes version and felt honored (and humbled?) to be asked to work on the remake.

THAT, in my opinion, is what is missing from these hack remakes.  They're hacks!  So, I agree COMPLETELY with the opinions of 'vote with your dollars.'  Force those investing in movie production to invest in ARTISTS to make movies.  Even CGI, in the right hands, can be great (Pixar and ILM are two examples). 

It's not the CGI or the fact that it's a remake that makes these movies bad...it's the shortcut of bypassing talented production crew (including writers and directors) that makes them bad.

{/soap box off}

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
dean

« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2010, 07:11:17 PM »

Here's the thing though, and I know everyone is entitled to have an opinion...BUT, it didn't NEED to be remade. That's the HUGE, MASSIVE POINT. It doesn't matter even if it was half decent, because it is pointle$$ and worthle$$ (wink,wink).  Hatred

Did THE THING FROM ANOTHER WORLD "need" to be remade?

Sorry, but that is my pet example every time this issue of remakes comes up.  There are a few other examples that could be made (FIST FULL OF DOLLARS I think has some merit here, as well).

I'm not defending the trend of low quality remakes and I have not seen the new CLASH OF THE TITANS (biiiig fan of the 1981 version), and won't see it.

I think the real question is "Where are the John Carpenters and Sergio Leones that CAN remake an earlier, high quality film and CREATE something new and just as high quality?"

I don't oppose remakes on their face - but, I will say I abhor remakes that seem premised on "upgrading" the original.  I think a key term that I've seen throughout this thread is "soulless."

Carpenter's THE THING was certainly NOT a soulless make of the original.  The soul was brought by Carpenter, Bottin, Bill Lancaster, the ENTIRE acting crew and production crew.  For example, Bottin LOVED the original Hawkes version and felt honored (and humbled?) to be asked to work on the remake.

THAT, in my opinion, is what is missing from these hack remakes.  They're hacks!  So, I agree COMPLETELY with the opinions of 'vote with your dollars.'  Force those investing in movie production to invest in ARTISTS to make movies.  Even CGI, in the right hands, can be great (Pixar and ILM are two examples). 

It's not the CGI or the fact that it's a remake that makes these movies bad...it's the shortcut of bypassing talented production crew (including writers and directors) that makes them bad.

{/soap box off}

I agree, I don't mind remakes on the face of it, but may I add the extra common theme that many bad remakes have: Heavy studio influence.  You just don't feel the hand of the studio on good remakes, and you certainly feel it on the terrible ones [eg.  Making it 3D badly when it was filmed for 2D, adding a romance with Gemma Aterton's character via a reshoot despite being filmed initially as a sister/mentor type]

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2010, 07:46:31 PM »

the extra common theme that many bad remakes have: Heavy studio influence.  You just don't feel the hand of the studio on good remakes, and you certainly feel it on the terrible ones [eg.  Making it 3D badly when it was filmed for 2D, adding a romance with Gemma Aterton's character via a reshoot despite being filmed initially as a sister/mentor type]

Very good point.   Thumbup

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Flu-Bird
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2010, 01:45:23 AM »

How about that little mechcanicat owl BUBO kind of cute when he made those hooting sounds and going nose to beak with PEGASUS
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Clash of the Titans (2010) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.