Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:36:17 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Clash of the Titans (2010) « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Author Topic: Clash of the Titans (2010)  (Read 35284 times)
Swamp Thing
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2010, 11:35:28 PM »

All you guys that are saying this is crappy really mean its so crappy its good right?

Because if not, I think I'm on the wrong site haha! It was so bad that it was great in my opinion! How about those cool Scorpions they got to ride on? That is pure adventure/fantasy storytelling/visuals to me. The only downer for me of the whole movie was Liam Neeson because he couldn't even ham his role up to save it for himself, he came off way too serious in a glorified B movie. Plus some of the cgi is the best I've ever seen in a movie.

Abby Arcane: Is there a Mrs. Swamp Thing?
Swamp Thing: No, I'm a bachelor.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2010, 09:45:12 AM »

All you guys that are saying this is crappy really mean its so crappy its good right?

Because if not, I think I'm on the wrong site haha! It was so bad that it was great in my opinion! How about those cool Scorpions they got to ride on? That is pure adventure/fantasy storytelling/visuals to me. The only downer for me of the whole movie was Liam Neeson because he couldn't even ham his role up to save it for himself, he came off way too serious in a glorified B movie. Plus some of the cgi is the best I've ever seen in a movie.

Oh, you are going to have some interesting times here, my friend. No, I will go out on a limb and make the guess that well more than half of the members here would pan the Clash of the Titans as a hack remake of a classic B. But not all, certainly, so I'm sure you'll find some company. There are some movies I don't ever have to see to know they're not worth my time. This is one of them.

But, to each their own.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2010, 05:02:45 PM »

This is why Hollywood keeps making remakes.  Even though a lot of you realize ahead of time this is likely to suck, you're still planning to go anyway.  If you would stop going to these movies, they would stop making them. 

Exactly! Everyone listen to Rev. Powell!!!!  Hatred

You damn kids today, with your Ip3's, MTVspace and fast food, fast everything. Get a soul...  Wink

I'm missing this guy !  Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
3mnkids

« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2010, 05:23:48 PM »

I like Sam Worthington.. well, I like to look at him, but I have zero desire to see this movie. None.  Thumbdown

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
claws
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2010, 12:58:36 PM »

I went in with low expectations and it turned out to be decent. Solid popcorn flick with top notch CGI (did I just type that? they really did a good job) and wild action. And Medusa? I loved her. She was totally awesome  Thumbup The ending was a blast, the score was fitting - even enhancing the 'scary' at times.
Mindless entertainment far from "suck" in my opinion. Definitely a keeper in my Blu-ray collection :)
BTM

« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2011, 11:16:17 AM »

I'm curious, did anyone else think the Djinn seemed a lot like the Protoss from Starcraft? 

Seriously, I kept expecting them to go, "En taro Adun!" 

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #81 on: January 12, 2011, 01:39:49 PM »

I finally caught in on cable over the weekend.

Nyeeeeh. It was marginally watchable. What was funny was that I watched Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief later that night and was officially saturated with Greek mythology that day.

Here's what I've always wondered about Clash of the Titans (either one). The Kraken is a part of Norse mythology, not Greek. What the hell is it doing in a movie about Greek mythology?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #82 on: January 12, 2011, 03:01:45 PM »

Here's what I've always wondered about Clash of the Titans (either one). The Kraken is a part of Norse mythology, not Greek. What the hell is it doing in a movie about Greek mythology?

From www.tvtropes.org :

The original creature was Cetus, a giant whale... the switch was understandable because of that. The writer supposedly changed it because the Kraken's name sounded cooler. Ray Harryhausen gave it a more monstrous appearance for the sake of impressiveness as well

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
BTM

« Reply #83 on: January 12, 2011, 06:21:17 PM »

From www.tvtropes.org :

The original creature was Cetus, a giant whale... the switch was understandable because of that. The writer supposedly changed it because the Kraken's name sounded cooler. Ray Harryhausen gave it a more monstrous appearance for the sake of impressiveness as well

Plus theres' a lot of stuff in both the original and the new movie that got switched around and changed from the source material.  Neither was a direct recreation of one specific legend, and more of a mish-mash of various Greek (and some other) stuff put together.

For example: in the mythology, Cerebus (the three headed dog) guarded the entrance to Hades, not Medusa's lair.  I could give other examples, but I think everyone gets the point.  :)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #84 on: January 12, 2011, 07:53:20 PM »

I caught the second half of this the other day on HBO. I wasn't particularly bored with it but I have no desire to see the first half really. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Ted C
Bad Movie Lover

Turn Up the Evil!

« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2011, 03:58:02 PM »

For what it's worth...

http://runolfr.blogspot.com/2010/04/movie-review-clash-of-titans.html

Posted shortly after I saw it in 3D.

"Slugs?  He created slugs? I would have started with lasers, six o'clock, day one!" -- Evil, Time Bandits
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2011, 01:19:12 AM »

I was very disappointed by this film.

It suffers from serious bad casting.  Had the right actors been cast, it might have been a little better.  But it wasn't and the film suffered as a whole.  All of Perseuse's companions were horribly cast.  They reminded me of the bad casting in The 13th Warrior for some reason.
I know I'm not the only one that thinks Sam Worthington should take a permanent hiatus from acting.  He flat out sucked as Perseus.

The only good scenes in this film were the confrontation with Medusa and when Perseus held up her head in front of the Kraken.

I'm giving this film 1.5 stars out of 4 and a big  Thumbdown   Question
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 01:22:39 AM by Ash » Logged
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2011, 12:28:29 PM »

I was very disappointed by this film.

It suffers from serious bad casting.  Had the right actors been cast, it might have been a little better.  But it wasn't and the film suffered as a whole.  All of Perseuse's companions were horribly cast.  They reminded me of the bad casting in The 13th Warrior for some reason.
I know I'm not the only one that thinks Sam Worthington should take a permanent hiatus from acting.  He flat out sucked as Perseus.

The only good scenes in this film were the confrontation with Medusa and when Perseus held up her head in front of the Kraken.

I'm giving this film 1.5 stars out of 4 and a big  Thumbdown   Question

Agreed on Worthington although there is no hiatus in sight.  He's been slated for a few films including this abomination remake;
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1647353/
Nothing is sacred in Hollywood anymore.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Used Meathook
Templar Knight in Training
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2011, 01:27:58 PM »

I'm curious, did anyone else think the Djinn seemed a lot like the Protoss from Starcraft? 

Seriously, I kept expecting them to go, "En taro Adun!" 

That's actually exactly what I was thinking when I first saw him. I was halfway expecting him to spam mass carriers at Medusa. God I hated when opponents spammed carriers in Starcraft, but it works.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Clash of the Titans (2010) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.