Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:44:13 PM
714378 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  It's Easter Sunday ... what are you're plans for today, if any? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: It's Easter Sunday ... what are you're plans for today, if any?  (Read 2576 times)
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« on: April 04, 2010, 07:06:00 AM »

To start, Happy Easter to all.  Got a fresh ham all ready to go into the oven in about an hour.  No little children living in our house, just my 23 year old stepson still sleeping from working til midnight. His older brother and his fiancee (who live with his fiancee's mom) are probably still sleeping, too, after having been up half the nite playing computer games. My two sons, their wives and our grandchildren live in 2 different states, but we sent them stuff.  Will call them later today!

Hubby & I are going to church today, a community type church which we have never been to. Should be interesting.

Since dinner isn't till about 3, we might go to a local state park a little later and take a walk. It's supposed to be in the 70's today, another beautiful day. 

It doesn't look much like Easter around our house like in years past ... no colored eggs, no chocolate bunnies, BUT we got jolly rancher jelly beans!

Have a great day! Smile

Hold onto your dreams ....
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 07:16:46 AM »

Happy Easter!  I am the designated waffle maker today, but I don't have to do that for a while as the kids are still in bed.  Then we've got a ham in the 'fridge and we're having some potato salad too.  It's a beautiful day here too, I'm sure the wife will come up with some yard work for me  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 07:19:39 AM »

Getting ready for church right now . . . . I'm actually bringing the Easter message at a small church that I fill the pulpit for once a month.  Very nice folks, no more than about 25 there on any given Sunday.  Then we'll have a community dinner, and I'll head home.  Off work tomorrow, but I have a ton of stuff to do nonetheless.  I may fire up the riding mower this afternoon.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 07:24:34 AM »

Happy Easter!  Katie is taking Andy and Jenna to church.  I'll be here with Garrett.  Other than that, our main event is Easter dinner.  I'm going to work in the yard; the kids will probably ride bikes and play whatever tickles their fancy.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 07:40:01 AM »

Right now I'm hanging out at home while the kids play with their bounty.  The Easter Bunny brought my 4 year old a Batmobile, T-Ball set and a whole bunch of other items.  My 1 year old got a nice train amongst other things.

Going up to see the inlaws for lunch in a few hours.  The kids will have an egg hunt there.  Whenever the kids get cranky we're probably leaving.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Vik
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 07:44:34 AM »

Happy easter ! I'm not going to do mutch, just going to edit all day on my alien animation  BounceGiggle
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 08:10:08 AM »

I'll spend the day at my parents' house.  There will be plenty of eating.  Here is a partial menu:

* Hard boiled eggs (of course)
* Prosciutto pie (sort of like a fluffly quice with prosciutto, eggs, and cheese inside - - by tradition, my family ONLY has this on Easter)
* Canteloupe, honeydew melon, and strawberries
* Lamb
* Ham
* Rabbit
* Toward evening, we will break out the food again and make sandwiches

Tonight, Red Sox vs. Yankees on TV.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 09:52:37 AM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 09:22:35 AM »

I'm heading over to my paternal grandparents for a big meal.   My parents are making creamy curried corn but I have no idea what else will be there. I know it will be tasty though!

The nice thing about my grandparents is they live about 5 minutes away.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
akiratubo

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 09:29:14 AM »

I'm going to cruise every backroad I can find with my Bug and love every second of it.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 09:32:07 AM »

No plans. Mostly been eating garlic cloves and watching Jan-Michael Vincent films.

Wait! That's not healthy is it? ^That would kill most humans....  TongueOut

WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 09:44:29 AM »

Dinner with the family.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Raffine

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 09:46:28 AM »

Going to a picnic with friends in the wonderfully creepy Bonaventure Cemetary.

Unfortunately the 'Bird Girl', Bonaventure's most famous resident, no longer lives there - she was moved to a local museum due to grabby tourists.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 09:54:08 AM »

Going to a picnic with friends in the wonderfully creepy Bonaventure Cemetary.

Unfortunately the 'Bird Girl', Bonaventure's most famous resident, no longer lives there - she was moved to a local museum due to grabby tourists.

Ever since I read Midnight In The Garden of Good & Evil, I've always wanted to visit Savannah.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Raffine

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 10:03:03 AM »

Ever since I read Midnight In The Garden of Good & Evil, I've always wanted to visit Savannah.

It's a terrific eccentric place, Trevor.

Warning: It can be addictive! I visisted here a couple of years ago on a whim, and now I'm living here and workin' for the city.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 07:26:20 PM »

Dinner and a movie.

It's been my Thanksgiving tradition for years, but now that the local library has started closing on Easter Sunday, it looks to become my Easter tradition as well.

Well, it does take care of the problem as to whether to have ham or turkey on Thanksgiving. I'll have the ham on Easter and the turkey on Thanksgiving.

Dinner was at Luby's Cafeteria.

beet salad, ham, green bean casserole, cabbage, corn bread, lime chiffon for dessert, and fruit punch to drink.

Then walk down the street a block and almost right across the street from the cafeteria is a Starplex Cinema.

Movie was at the Starplex Cinema.

Nicholas Sparks' "The Last Song" w/ Miley Cyrus.

I'll have more of my thoughts about the movie, when I post at "Recent Theatrical Viewings."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  It's Easter Sunday ... what are you're plans for today, if any? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.