Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:48:59 AM
714256 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Alienator (1990) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alienator (1990)  (Read 11898 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« on: April 04, 2010, 03:01:58 PM »

I can't actually believe there is no previous post for this film!? I used to see it all the time in our old VHS store and finally watched it today. I have to say it's probably my favourite Fred Olen Ray movie now, being really cheap, corny and it seems more like an early 80s sci-fi flick than a 90s one.

Basically a bad space dude named Kol (Ross Hagen) escapes from an intergalactic prison, the death penalty and Jan-Michael Vincent's wooden acting to crash land on earth. Some teenagers run into him (literally!) travelling through the woods and take him to the local sherriff's cabin. The prison then send a large female hunting cyborg (with monster thighs) to kill him and thus, cheesy low budget chaos ensues. The film is a rip-off of the Terminator, there are two sets (one being a warehouse, the other being the woods), the score is pathetic, the acting is awful but Ross Hagen does a hilarious turn as the fearful space fugitive and I did get it for about a dollar.  Thumbup

Small | Large

Vik
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 03:19:43 PM »

I'm gonna have to check that one out, looks awesome  TeddyR
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 06:08:37 PM »

I remember seeing that on TV a long time ago.  Actually I just remember that cyborg chick lol.  I'll have to pick it up sometime, looks like it would be my type of thing.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Dave M
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 10:32:51 PM »

My favorite line is when Kol said something like "It will teaaarrr yourrr sssoulll out!!!!" It's so out of place, like he just pulled it out of a bag labeled "dramatic things to say about antagonists". It might even be right out of one of the Hellraiser movies or something.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 05:32:00 AM »

I remember seeing that on TV a long time ago.  Actually I just remember that cyborg chick lol.  I'll have to pick it up sometime, looks like it would be my type of thing.

Be warned though Jack, there's only about 2 gory moments, 2 funny lines and zero boobage.  Buggedout

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 06:40:19 AM »

I was most attracted to it because of the pure cheesy nonsense factor  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 06:34:24 PM »

It's kinda a remake of The Astounding She-Monster, is it not?

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 12:55:43 PM »

It's kinda a remake of The Astounding She-Monster, is it not?

Elements of it yes, more of a rip-off as the settings and characters are different. But at least it was made 33 years later. and not just 15-20.  Smile

WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 08:23:20 PM »

So far I saw the first half of this one this morning. So far I have yet to see a single character drive sober "you know I drive better with a few in me".

Alienator took out the Dr. who seemed pretty confident in his ability to talk his way out of this by explaining how little he had to do with the main plot (dude, she's obviously not from around here, just run). I feel confident the rabbit eating rednecks are about to be fodder as well.  So far I love it's cheesiness and obviously terrible acting.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Robocop
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 02:54:12 AM »

At first I confused this with another Terminator/Aliens ripoff that came out the same year which goes by the alternative tittle of "Alienators" but is better known as "Aliens 2", "Terminator II" or "Shocking Dark".

This looks one looks fun though, and I don't know about y'all but I'd still hit Cyber Chick.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 10:53:35 AM »

I figured it was a longshot it would be on NetFlix. I was right. No dice. Bluesad

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 12:17:11 PM »

I used to have this saved on my DVR until it crashed.  I love this movie.  I plan on buy it on VHS or hopefully DVD.  Great cheese.

I highly recommend it.    Cheers

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Alienator (1990) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.