Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:48:19 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anti-Remake Petition « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Anti-Remake Petition  (Read 20232 times)
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2010, 10:29:53 PM »

Sorry guys, I can't sign that.  I can't really sign these that ban people from making movies.  Now if we are talking about signing a petition to ban Uwe Boll from ever making movies again, that is a completely different story.

The main reason I won't sign that is because I am too nice of invidiual and am willing to give any movie a shot, despite it be a reimagining, sequel, remake, parody, such and such.  Also, I refuse to sign a petition that could stop possibly a good movie from being made.

OK.  Not ALL remakes/re-imaginings are bad, and I don’t think a petition is going to stop them even if a billion people signed, but I’d like to see them stop being made so frivolously.  Maybe it could draw attention to a large audience of people that are turned off by remakes and are craving to see movies that have a little more creativity and imagination of their own.  I’d rather go see a rip-off than a remake or even a remake with a new title.  I kind of feel like the remakes are trying to obliterate the originals.  That makes me sad  Bluesad.
feiyen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 05:00:54 AM »

Hmm this is a tough one. After watching CLash of the Titans this weekend, well its tough not sighing this. I can understand that not all remakes are bad BUTT nothing recent has been good at all. None that I can think of anyways its 4a.m. so I'm slowly loosing my mind.

Me and my partners comics
http://www.eyeshock.com
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 11:13:54 AM »

The petition is all in good fun and it's a principle thing. If you want to go see remakes, hey, it's all about free will. This has nothing to do with whether or not there is an occasionally well-done remake, it's that the vast majority are bad, complete insults to our intelligence and to the originals. Paying our money to see them just allows Hollywood to keep up it's practice of botching classics on a regular basis because they can't come up with anything else. It's the same lazy work ethic that has led to most of our television shows being based on shows that came from the UK or Japan. America is no longer on the cutting edge. We've lost our innovation and edge. I possess free will, and my free will tells me not to support remakes. That's not to say that I haven't seen one or two when they've come to cable, but I certainly don't spend my dollars going to see this tripe.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 12:43:47 PM »

Remakes have a long, successful history though - that should be noted. Years ago, they did actually make some decent remakes - WIZARD OF OZ, THE MALTESE FALCON, THE THING, THE FLY, INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS - all remakes. DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE gets adapted over and over as does FRANKENSTEIN and DRACULA. So it doesn't always fail although these days one does wonder given the output of the last 10-12 years in terms of remakes, the vast majority of which pale compare to the original but then again that's not new either - KING KONG (1976), GODZILLA (1984) anyone? I'd be surprised to see remakes end, I just wish Hollywood would choose a little more wisely what they try to remake...stuff like THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL and PLANET OF THE APES should have been left alone. I did sign your petition though on the basis of remake output from the last decade or so being so dreadfully dismal and disappointing.

I have nothing against those films and I do agree they are all pretty much superior to the originals, I'm talking squarely about the slew of movies that have been made in the last decade. If you look at the number of remakes over the each decade, the increase in the last ten years in particular, is massive. Look at Michael Bay's CV for example; just a production or directorial credit on remake after remake.....and they all suck!

...And yes Rev, I kind of put "anals" of purpose.  TeddyR

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 01:09:42 PM »

Done!

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 02:02:27 PM »

Remakes have a long, successful history though - that should be noted. Years ago, they did actually make some decent remakes - WIZARD OF OZ, THE MALTESE FALCON, THE THING, THE FLY, INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS - all remakes. DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HYDE gets adapted over and over as does FRANKENSTEIN and DRACULA. So it doesn't always fail although these days one does wonder given the output of the last 10-12 years in terms of remakes, the vast majority of which pale compare to the original but then again that's not new either - KING KONG (1976), GODZILLA (1984) anyone? I'd be surprised to see remakes end, I just wish Hollywood would choose a little more wisely what they try to remake...stuff like THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL and PLANET OF THE APES should have been left alone. I did sign your petition though on the basis of remake output from the last decade or so being so dreadfully dismal and disappointing.

I have nothing against those films and I do agree they are all pretty much superior to the originals, I'm talking squarely about the slew of movies that have been made in the last decade. If you look at the number of remakes over the each decade, the increase in the last ten years in particular, is massive. Look at Michael Bay's CV for example; just a production or directorial credit on remake after remake.....and they all suck!

...And yes Rev, I kind of put "anals" of purpose.  TeddyR

Agreed. I think it should be reasonably implied that we are talking about the crap remakes of the last ten to fifteen years. Hollywood, in combining any remake they can think of in lieu of doing anything new with soulless and pointless CGI, is killing the art of moviemaking.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
voltron

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2010, 02:45:10 PM »

Signed. I'm part of the solution now!  Smile Really though, I agree with Paquita about re-releasing old movies into theatres. Makes more sense than remakes and gives people a chance to catch some classic movies on the big screen as they were intended to be seen. For instance, I hear that Mother's Day is gonna be re-released in theatres next month, which is an awesome idea. Hope they show it in my area!

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Javakoala
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 02:55:19 PM »

Okay, Circus, I signed. When do I get my 2 dollars?
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 07:41:38 PM »

Signed, despite the anals.  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 12:26:41 AM »

I signed after reading all of the posts.  I agree with Jase that there are many wonderful sequels and remakes... okay maybe not many but at least a few.   Smile  However, thare are so many horrible remakes and absurd derivations that are jaw-droppingly uninspired, stupid, wasteful... okay, I see why we need a petition.

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2010, 01:30:40 AM »

Signed and will pass the link around. I doubt this will do any good, but maybe... just maybe someone will take notice and be like "Hey.... maybe we ARE being unoriginal a-holes and should stop raping and pillaging beloved films from years past..."

Ideally the best way to fight the flood of remakes is to put the people who pay to see them MULTIPLE TIMES into concentration camps. No torture, rape, murder, or genocide implied here by the way. If you take the idiots that make these films profitable out of the equation, Hollywood would have to rethink its strategy. ("Jeez.... remakes are tanking lately.... I guess we'll actually have to come up with GOOD and somewhat original ideas again!")

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2010, 01:35:22 AM »

Sorry guys, I can't sign that.  I can't really sign these that ban people from making movies.  Now if we are talking about signing a petition to ban Uwe Boll from ever making movies again, that is a completely different story.

The main reason I won't sign that is because I am too nice of invidiual and am willing to give any movie a shot, despite it be a reimagining, sequel, remake, parody, such and such.  Also, I refuse to sign a petition that could stop possibly a good movie from being made.

A just reason to not sign InfoGeek. But truthfully, these online petitions rarely do any good. Even if someone in Hollywood took notice, I doubt they'd derail their insidious plans to continue remaking films.

And if you still have some doubts about signing.... THEY ARE REMAKING THE TOXIC F*@KING AVENGER INTO A PG-13 FAMILY FRIENDLY FILM!  Hatred

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2010, 05:16:41 AM »

And if you still have some doubts about signing.... THEY ARE REMAKING THE TOXIC F*@KING AVENGER INTO A PG-13 FAMILY FRIENDLY FILM!  Hatred

Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred  http://darthno.ytmnd.com/

It's just now beginning to sink in.  That is the worst f**king idea for a movie ever.  What next?  A remake of Cemetery Man that's a PG-13 romantic comedy starring Hugh Grant and Kirsten Dunst?  No, don't stop, Hollywood.  You haven't f**ked up Q, the Winged Serpent; Zombi 2, Deep Red, or From Beyond yet. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 05:22:05 AM by Joe the Destroyer » Logged
3mnkids

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2010, 07:00:09 AM »

I signed but unfortunately, signing a petition isn't going to stop it. Hollywood has run out of ideas and instead of finding bright new talent they rely on the hacks. They slap these movies together with actors that have seen better days and are just phoning it in, big budgets but no.. whats the word? soul? heart?.. all eye candy and no substance. ugh.

I saw the commercial last night for the Death at a funeral remake and just cringed.  Lookingup

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Vik
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2010, 07:04:39 AM »

The only remake since 2000 I remember I enjoyed is the Dawn of the Dead remake.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anti-Remake Petition « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.