Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:14:40 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anti-Remake Petition « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Anti-Remake Petition  (Read 19968 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2010, 09:30:40 AM »

It's true that this petition will likely do nothing, but it was a fun statement to make anyway. The reality is, many people here, who supposedly hate all the hack remakes still go and see them. Clash of the Titans made over 60 million it's first weekend. Good luck.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2010, 09:10:14 PM »

...What next?  A remake of Cemetery Man that's a PG-13 romantic comedy starring Hugh Grant and Kirsten Dunst?  No, don't stop, Hollywood.  You haven't f**ked up Q, the Winged Serpent; ...yet.
That was done pretty well by its original producers...  Wink Thumbup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Vik
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2010, 09:15:16 PM »

I think the worst thing is that they're not creating anymore awesome bad movies, not that I know of anyway
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2010, 09:33:02 PM »

I think the worst thing is that they're not creating anymore awesome bad movies, not that I know of anyway

What about BIRDEMIC?  IndianaSmith always has recent bad movies to recommend, too.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Vik
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2010, 09:43:45 PM »

What about BIRDEMIC?  IndianaSmith always has recent bad movies to recommend, too.

Forgot about BIRDEMIC, but I haven't seen it. I'll ask IndianaSmith  Drink TeddyR
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2010, 09:46:41 PM »

Forgot about BIRDEMIC, but I haven't seen it. I'll ask IndianaSmith  Drink TeddyR

BIRDEMIC is itself a remake of Hitchcock's THE BIRDS, which just goes to show not all remakes are inherently evil.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Vik
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2010, 10:04:28 PM »

BIRDEMIC is itself a remake of Hitchcock's THE BIRDS, which just goes to show not all remakes are inherently evil.

Cool,  i didn't know it was a remake. The Birds was awesome  Thumbup
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2010, 12:09:49 AM »

...What next?  A remake of Cemetery Man that's a PG-13 romantic comedy starring Hugh Grant and Kirsten Dunst?  No, don't stop, Hollywood.  You haven't f**ked up Q, the Winged Serpent; ...yet.
That was done pretty well by its original producers...  Wink Thumbup

BounceGiggle

I still love that movie.  It's my poor, deformed baby. 
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2010, 03:49:54 AM »

Ben Gallegos is me, I am awesome  Drink
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2010, 04:22:45 PM »

Signed but it was a boring sig.  Sorry.

Hatred remakes.

JOHN

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2010, 04:33:44 PM »

Don't worry about any comments, a signature is awesome enough, okay!  Thumbup

Also, I agree with the statement of re-doing awful films that sucked and had no budget. Remake something really crap and do a better job, rather than playing it safe with proven source material. Nobody has bettered any classic films in recent times at all...FACT. If you disagree, then take your f**king Hollywood tinted glasses off and get a f**king soul. Just the fact that someone has gone into a meeting and said: "well, s**t I can't possibly dream up a better movie than the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, 'cause I'm a talentless piece of s**t, let's just remake it. Dumb people will come and see it surely!" Where are the new horror characters in particular, the movie icons of this era?? Nowhere! That's where! They're all in Michael Bay's f**king tape collection ready to be recycled! This has become I very important issue with me now, and I cannot thank everyone that has contributed enough!!!

Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2010, 05:56:08 PM »

You need to come out of your shell and say what you feel, circus.  BounceGiggle

Anyway, your thoughts are shared by me, but there's nothing that can be done to quell the Hollywood hack machine. With all the recent threads on the subject, I'm convinced of that. This is a site where the average member is above the status quo who mindlessly go to the local multiplex and pay for their movie ticket to see whatever Hollywood cranks out for them like a bunch of hamsters hitting a feeder bar to get a pellet. Even so, there are plenty here who have decided to buy their ticket to Clash of the Titans in support of the machine, knowing full well that it's going to suck. So if even a large number of badmovies.org members are doing it, what does that say about the likelihood that Hollywood will stop doing something that they know works?

I still enjoyed signing the petition. It's a statement I'm happy to make.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2010, 09:52:05 PM »

You need to come out of your shell and say what you feel, circus.  BounceGiggle

Anyway, your thoughts are shared by me, but there's nothing that can be done to quell the Hollywood hack machine. With all the recent threads on the subject, I'm convinced of that. This is a site where the average member is above the status quo who mindlessly go to the local multiplex and pay for their movie ticket to see whatever Hollywood cranks out for them like a bunch of hamsters hitting a feeder bar to get a pellet. Even so, there are plenty here who have decided to buy their ticket to Clash of the Titans in support of the machine, knowing full well that it's going to suck. So if even a large number of badmovies.org members are doing it, what does that say about the likelihood that Hollywood will stop doing something that they know works?

I still enjoyed signing the petition. It's a statement I'm happy to make.

Precisely.  Anyone remember the Walmart episode of South Park?  "If you want Walmart to go away, stop shopping there."  I think this is the best we can do, aside from the petition.  Even if the petition doesn't work, at least we have made our disdain clear.  Let's hope that more people can vocalize theirs as well.  But I think the biggest thing you can do is stop buying movie tickets to these things. 
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2010, 04:13:35 AM »

Okay, really?

http://www.joblo.com/cliffhanger-remake

A Cliffhanger remake? 
Vik
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2010, 08:40:44 AM »

Okay, really?

http://www.joblo.com/cliffhanger-remake

A Cliffhanger remake? 

Cliffhanger ... That's not a movie that should have a remake at all ..
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anti-Remake Petition « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.