Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:12:47 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anti-Remake Petition « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Anti-Remake Petition  (Read 19966 times)
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2010, 09:09:13 AM »

A few more in the pipeline are:

An American Werewolf In London, Arthur, Barbarella, The Blob (again!), The Birds, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Child’s Play, Conan, The Dambusters, Deathwish, Dracula, Dune, Excalibur, Fantastic 4 (again!), Flash Gordon, Footloose, Frankenstein, Hellraiser, Highlander, Last Starfighter, Near Dark, Night Of The Living Dead, Oldboy (with Will Smith!), Piranha, Porky's, Red Dawn, Robocop, Short Circuit, The Thing, The Three Musketeers, True Grit, The Warriors, When Worlds Collide, Working Girl...

Bluesad

Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2010, 12:04:48 PM »

Okay, really?

http://www.joblo.com/cliffhanger-remake

A Cliffhanger remake? 

Cliffhanger ... That's not a movie that should have a remake at all ..

It shouldn't have even had a "make."  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2010, 12:08:23 PM »

Of the proposed PAPRIKA live action remake, director Wolfgang Petersen said he hopes to make this version "more accessible for a wide audience… more of a film for a mainstream audience."

Next up: an ERASERHEAD romantic comedy where Henry and Mary make up and decide to raise the baby together.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2010, 04:12:26 PM »

An American Werewolf In London, Arthur, Barbarella, The Blob (again!), The Birds, Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Child’s Play, Conan, The Dambusters, Deathwish, Dracula, Dune, Excalibur, Fantastic 4 (again!), Flash Gordon, Footloose, Frankenstein, Hellraiser, Highlander, Last Starfighter, Near Dark, Night Of The Living Dead, Oldboy (with Will Smith!), Piranha, Porky's, Red Dawn, Robocop, Short Circuit, The Thing, The Three Musketeers, True Grit, The Warriors, When Worlds Collide, Working Girl...

Bluesad

I've heard the Oldboy remake has either been canned, or has been put on a far backburner.  Plus, I don't think The Three Musketeers or Dracula really count, being based on classic novels and all.  Classic novels are constantly readapted into movies, even way back in the black and white era.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 02:07:43 AM by Joe the Destroyer » Logged
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2010, 04:19:02 PM »

Child’s Play

The only reason this does not bother me is that Brad Dourif will be doing the voice and "Seed of Chucky" turned that series into a joke (a stupidly funny joke at times, but still a far cry from what was originally intended).
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2010, 04:19:55 PM »

ROBOCOP!!!!!!

Hatred Hatred Hatred

THEY WILL BURN FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
diamondwaspvenom
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2010, 06:09:32 PM »

Bluesad

To quote Malcolm Graves from "Ghoulies", I say this to Hollywood:

YOU LITTLE WORMS!! YOU SHALL BURN FOR THIS!!!
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2010, 06:38:28 PM »

...What next?  A remake of Cemetery Man that's a PG-13 romantic comedy starring Hugh Grant and Kirsten Dunst?  No, don't stop, Hollywood.  You haven't f**ked up Q, the Winged Serpent; ...yet.
That was done pretty well by its original producers...  Wink Thumbup
BounceGiggle
I still love that movie.  It's my poor, deformed baby. 
Yup, you got that right. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2010, 05:44:37 AM »

Bluesad

O...Oldboy....with...with Will Smith....
I'm having an epileptic seizure here....
And Highlander?
And The thing?

What happened to the world?
Vik
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2010, 05:48:02 AM »

Barbarella D:
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2010, 08:50:54 PM »

Child’s Play

The only reason this does not bother me is that Brad Dourif will be doing the voice and "Seed of Chucky" turned that series into a joke (a stupidly funny joke at times, but still a far cry from what was originally intended).

Not just Brad, but the original creator/director and much of the original crew.  Or so I've read, but that was a year ago.  It may have changed by now. 
wickednick
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2010, 08:26:01 AM »

I hate remakes as much as all you guys do but I can't sign this for two reasons: one, film makers have the right to make the movies they want even if it s**ts on the fans of the originals, and two this will honestly do nothing to stop the remakes, because we all end up going to see the damn things anyways.
If people really want to stop remakes from happening, we need to stop going to see them.

Smells like popcorn and shame
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #57 on: April 12, 2010, 09:13:09 PM »

The Blob (again!), The Birds, Dracula, Frankenstein, Last Starfighter,  Robocop, Short Circuit, The Thing,...

Bluesad

Really?!

yeah no.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2010, 09:28:24 PM »

I think the worst thing is that they're not creating anymore awesome bad movies, not that I know of anyway

What about BIRDEMIC?  IndianaSmith always has recent bad movies to recommend, too.

Forgot about BIRDEMIC, but I haven't seen it. I'll ask IndianaSmith  Drink TeddyR

Since my name was invoked . . . .

THE COWBOY KILLER is an AWESOMELY bad movie. Seriously, the best bad movie in ages.  STAN HELSING was more mainstream and had a bigger budget, but was still pretty fun.

and . . .  can I voice a lone, contrary opinion on this thread?

I rather liked Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN.

(Don't hurt me!)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #59 on: April 12, 2010, 11:13:30 PM »

Child’s Play

Not just Brad, but the original creator/director and much of the original crew.  Or so I've read, but that was a year ago.  It may have changed by now. 

Now supposedly they're just making another sequel called "Revenge of Chucky" and supposedly the plot is him on his way to kill his family and on that quest he encounters all of his old enemies (Andy, Andy's foster sister, the kids from Bride of Chucky, the works).

You see, that would be cooler already.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anti-Remake Petition « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.