Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:17:02 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Filipino BATMAN AND ROBIN (UPDATE - I watched it . . . ugh!) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Filipino BATMAN AND ROBIN (UPDATE - I watched it . . . ugh!)  (Read 1472 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 01, 2010, 12:44:34 PM »

Oh, boy.  I just ordered this DVD-R from Video Search of Miami.  I've never seen this movie, but it looks like it will be one of the most enjoyable bad movies ever.

Small | Large

After all my years of research into obscure, low-budget movies from around the world, this makes me wonder how much more great (awful) stuff is out there that I don't know about.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 02:24:07 PM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 02:33:54 PM »

There's also a Filipino Batman vs. Dracula (sometimes called Batman Fights Dracula).  I've often wondered about that.
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 04:09:15 PM »

WTF????   Question Buggedout Bluesad Twirling

But I will watch it.  Very intriguing!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 04:11:34 PM by JPickettIII » Logged

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 07:45:18 PM »

I need to see this movie.  It just looks so...... amazing! TeddyR
Let us know how it is when you see it Burgo, I want to know whether it's worth it to buy or not.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 05:54:40 PM »

Just wait 'til you see the ending!  BounceGiggle

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 02:23:32 PM »

UPDATE:  Well, I just watched it.  The movie is not in English (although, they do occasionally say a few words in English such as, "Batman.  Robin.  My heroes!" and "Good morning, everybody.")  There aren't even any subtitles, so you're on your own!

Here's what I could decipher from the plot:  Two guys decide to dress up as the Penguin and Joker and rob a cash shipment from the Treasury.  A high school student who loves comic books hears about the robbery and decides to become Robin and fight crime.  His (father? older brother? friend? - - I couldn't quite figure out the relationship) agrees to become Batman and join him.  The rest of the movie is a series of comic bank heists (in one scene, the Penguin and Joker mistakenly target a blood bank for a robbery) and fights and every once in a while the actors break out in a musical song-and-dance routine!  One song on the soundtrack is a parody of "Surfin' Safari" by the Beach Boys.  Some of the lyrics are:

"Holy smokes, Batman and Robin!
Oh my God, Batman and Robin!
Praise the Lord, Batman and Robin!"

The Bat Cave set looks like it's left over from an old Sid & Marty Croft Saturday morning show like THE LOST SAUCER or FAR OUT SPACE NUTS.

At the end, the entire cast and a bunch of other people dressed as superheroes (including a midget in a Spider-Man costume) sing and dance to a parody of "At the Hop."  (You can see this on YouTube).

I can't really recommend this movie . . . it isn't funny or wacky enough to ever be a cult favorite . . . and the heroes and villains don't appear on screen enough . . .  but it's okay.  The quality of the DVD-R I bought from Video Search of Miami is significantly better than the YouTube clip I posted at the beginning of this discussion, but it's far from perfect.  It looks like a 3rd generation VHS tape copied onto a DVD-R.  Very watchable, but slightly fuzzy and there are 8 or 10 brief dropouts (about 1 second each . . . nothing significant) during the movie.

Watch it if you dare.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Filipino BATMAN AND ROBIN (UPDATE - I watched it . . . ugh!) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.