Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:53:48 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your worst movie disapointment « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Your worst movie disapointment  (Read 8588 times)
Chainsawmidget
« on: April 05, 2010, 10:49:13 PM »

I have very fond memories of Igor and the Lunatics from my childhood, and tonight, for the first time, I finally watched it. 

You're probably confused at this point, so let me tell you a story.

Growing up, there was a HUGE videostore near my home.  There was a rather large horror section at the back of the store that as a kid, I usually avoided, although curiosity would sometimes get the better of me and I'd go take a peak in the section and see all those wonderful 80s style box covers perfect for traumatizing young kids like I was. 

One of the movie that caught my attention and stuck with me was this one. This particular cover in fact. 

Something about that cover, that insane expression, the chef's outfit, and the name just disturbed me, and my over active imagination tried to filled in the gaps as to what the movie actually was.  Probably something about a maniac and his group of followers that terrorized suburbia, killed, grilled, and ate people. ... Something like that anyway. 

So tonight, I found it on netflix for instant viewing and finally got a chance to see the movie that disturbed me so much ... Sadly, my imagination gave me a much more frightening movie than the film was. 

See, there are two types of movies released by Troma, over-the-top blood, gore, and boobs, and movies that nobody else wants to release.  This is the second kind. 

Tonight, I learned one of the movies that most captured my imagination and frightened me wouldn't have even been able to hold my attention if I had actually watched it. 

Worst part of it all?  Igor isn't even the leader of the lunatics in the movie.  The whole thing is more of a Z-grade Manson cult. 
mich3l
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 12:41:21 AM »

Can't Buy Me Love definitely. I like the synopsis, but not the way it was executed. Fast Times at Ridgemont High is a lot better. It's not only because I prefer the look and feel of the early 80's, but by the late part of the decade most of the typical 80's trends were exaggerated to a great extend. Besides, I find some of the characters to be too flat and there are many undeveloped subplots and story lines. In the second part of the 80's movies where the nerdy guy gets the hot chick were in vogue. In comparison, most movies of the early 80's were more about enjoying life and nerds were not so big of an issue there. If only the late 80's were more like the early-to-mid 80's.
claws
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 01:25:40 AM »

Ahhhh, Video Treasures. Probably my least favorite budget Video Company back in the day. They re-released all the movies I had previously seen many years before, usually with (bad) new cover art and most of the time in bad quality LP or EP tape speed mode. Yow.

Funny enough, one of my worst movie disappointments was Troma's I Was A Teenage TV Terrorist. Always loved the odd cover art from the original Lightning Video release, and I always thought the title was kind of cool. But the actual film wasn't.
joejoeherron
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 05:02:16 AM »

My worst movie disapointment was watching both of the Dukes of Hazzard remakes that came out over the last few years. It's hard to explain, but to me they just don't have the energy and feeling of the original series. The remakes are are good,I just didn't care for them.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2010, 06:44:22 AM »

There are TWO Dukes of Hazzard remakes now?  Oh good god...

I can't even pick out a single biggest disappointment for me.  I've seen so much garbage it's gone well beyond the point where I can keep track of it all.  Maybe Anacondas Hunt for the Blood Orchid.  I thought the first move was okay and had at least moderate hopes for the second one.  It was just pure sh!t.  The characters were horrible, the plot was more clichéd than I could imagine, and there was a horrible comic relief character.  I guess I'll go with that one.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 09:37:48 AM »

I was pretty disappointed with The Spirit. It still boggles my mind that with all that great source material to draw on they screwed it up so badly. They should have just filmed Samuel Jackson turning the pages of any Spirit comic, slowly, so that the audience could folllow along.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 12:30:33 PM »

Probably Terminator 2.  It cost $100 million to make!  It used technology no one had ever seen the likes of before!  Liquid metal!  We get to meet John Connor!  Etc, etc.

Then I watched it and I thought, "Wait, that's it?"

There was a cool truck chase and ... not much else!  The T800 was pussified, the T1000 was cool but incompetent (there's literally no excuse for his failure in the elevator) and wasn't even on screen for the entire middle of the movie, Sarah was unlikable, John Connor was a Bart Simpson wannabe.

An almost total disappointment, which even extended to the soundtrack CD.  The music from the Galleria and truck chase wasn't on it!  The "escape from the mental hospital" music is not quite the same.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 04:02:26 PM »

* THE GODFATHER, PART III
* EXORCIST II: THE HERETIC
* The Rhino Video 3-D VHS versions of CAT WOMEN OF THE MOON and ROBOT MONSTER.  The 3-D effects didn't work.  Not even a little.   

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Skull
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2010, 04:19:01 PM »

P robably Terminator 2.  It cost $100 million to make!  It used technology no one had ever seen the likes of before!  Liquid metal!  We get to meet John Connor!  Etc, etc.

Then I watched it and I thought, "Wait, that's it?"

There was a cool truck chase and ... not much else!  The T800 was pussified, the T1000 was cool but incompetent (there's literally no excuse for his failure in the elevator)...

YES!!! finally somebody agrees with me on this one!!!

hot hot hot
Skull
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 04:24:32 PM »

* THE GODFATHER, PART III  

I'd agree so strongly that Godfather, part 3 is on my "hate list!"

Still waiting for Godfather 2.5 (Mr. Al Pacino... you know what happens after you find out your wife killed your unborn son... not this Oh, I forgot about this abortion thing crap! ~ talk about total crap, the guy kills is brother for the attempt of murder and does nothing to the woman that killed his unborn child. Makes the explosive final scene in Godfather 2 meaningless)

But my worst is... Phantom Manace.

George Lukas really kicked me in the balls when baby vader said he made C3-PO. Outch!
Vik
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 04:44:16 PM »

Blade Runner.

I had high hopes for this movies, but unfortunately I wasn't able to enjoy this movie, I tried numerous times.  Bluesad
I really don't know why, but I just didn't like it.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 07:56:35 PM »

But my worst is... Phantom Manace.

George Lukas really kicked me in the balls when baby vader said he made C3-PO. Outch!

Yes sir...yes indeed.  My experience with this hunk of sh*t of a film went like this.  I had bought pretty much all the toys from the film just assuming the first one would be epic.  I went to Taco Bell to get the collector cups.  I had the grand illusion that this film could not suck in any way.  

Opening day I think I cut class in college to go see the first morning showing.  The place was packed with nerds like myself and we were all excited.  The theater went dark, the scroll came and I literally teared up.  This was what I had waited since ROTJ to get.  After a somewhat decent opening, who the f*ck comes bouncing through the forest...this A-Hole...

At first I smiled at his goofy antics.  By the first 10 minutes of his introduction I was done.  Then they bring in "Little Annie" who pushed the limits of horrible child acting.  Aside Darth Maul, I took nothing from that film...nothing.  The b!tch of it all was I fell even harder when they released AOTC which I think was the far worse movie.  F-YOU Lucas...

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
rattacat
New Visitor

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 08:09:03 PM »

New poster- Hello all!
I'd have to say almost every remake that they've made in the last 5 years, but the most recent one was Clash of the Titans. yeah, the original is cheesy, the hero is kinda mimbo, but gosh durn it my heart sank when they took my favorite cheesy character out and replaced him with....stick-y. i don't want to put spoilery things in here but if you know what i mean you were probably expecting stick-y to give a thumbs up and utter a catchphrase or something.

oh Vik- as for blade runner, theres like a billion different versions of it, did you see "final cut" version? its practically a different movie.

jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 08:47:49 PM »

Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy movie.

Need I say more?

-Jimmybob

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 09:23:15 PM »

I agree completely on Blade Runner.  Terminator 2 would have been better if you could care about anyone in the film. 

I remember being kinda stoked to see "Hook".  Wow, it was awful.  Could have, should have been much better.  And the fact I don't like Robin Williams didn't help.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your worst movie disapointment « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.