Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:27:29 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your worst movie disapointment « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Your worst movie disapointment  (Read 8590 times)
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 10:17:36 PM »

Hard to beat The Phantom Menace (1999) in terms of disappointment. Have to agree with that. But it wasn't the first that's for certain, there was also Godzilla (1998). I think the shift away from story and plot to FX spectacles is what has  lead to us getting so much disappointing crud these days. Stuff like Independence Day and indeed Terminator 2 (which I actually do like as an action-fest but I do consider it inferior to The Terminator (1984)), both very popularly received, helped contribute to this trend. Thing is at heart most of these films are fancied up crud.

Another huge disappointment was Titanic which turned a tragic historical event into an FX laden romance flick with cardboard cutout characters for the romantic leads (of course that's nothing new for Cameron). Only Billy Zane makes the film sometimes a bit better for me.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Skull
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 01:14:08 PM »

But my worst is... Phantom Manace.

George Lukas really kicked me in the balls when baby vader said he made C3-PO. Outch!

Yes sir...yes indeed.  My experience with this hunk of sh*t of a film went like this.  I had bought pretty much all the toys from the film just assuming the first one would be epic.  I went to Taco Bell to get the collector cups.  I had the grand illusion that this film could not suck in any way.  

Opening day I think I cut class in college to go see the first morning showing.  The place was packed with nerds like myself and we were all excited.  The theater went dark, the scroll came and I literally teared up.  This was what I had waited since ROTJ to get.  After a somewhat decent opening, who the f*ck comes bouncing through the forest...this A-Hole...

At first I smiled at his goofy antics.  By the first 10 minutes of his introduction I was done.  Then they bring in "Little Annie" who pushed the limits of horrible child acting.  Aside Darth Maul, I took nothing from that film...nothing.  The b!tch of it all was I fell even harder when they released AOTC which I think was the far worse movie.  F-YOU Lucas...

lol... I think I was one of those nerds... :)

I remember not really liking Jar Jar and I was thinking of the silly rapper in the Scooby Doo cartoons with Vincent Price... although he was annoying I didnt really cared much about him, I'd assume it was a corporpate placement character (like the Ewoks) although the story kept getting silly the longer I was watching it and I was wondering why did it take them a long ass time to make this movie.

Sure the special effects is great and maybe I could enjoy it with the "Dark Side of the Moon" playing (refering to Oz ~ those that dont know)

from all the silly things that happen in Phantom Menace... the most silly is the ending... for all the crap that baby vader did HIS MOTHER WAS STILL A SLAVE! (You would think a queen could of did something about that... which made me think she was "dark side"... sadly Lukas failed again)
voltron
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 02:36:43 PM »

Clerks 2 was kind of a letdown for me.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 01:42:01 AM »

I can list quite a few, but in recent memory, nothing caused quite as much disappointment as "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen." I actually like the first "Transformers" movie; it's not intelligent, but it is far better than it has any right to be. The sequel was a friggin' mess! I was going through a rough time at that point in my life (relationship woes) and this movie was supposed to be my salvation. Instead it f*@king depressed me even more.

Thank God Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett, and Kevin Murphy gave it the Rifftrax treatment, as it is nearly unwatchable otherwise.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 07:45:57 AM »

from all the silly things that happen in Phantom Menace... the most silly is the ending... for all the crap that baby vader did HIS MOTHER WAS STILL A SLAVE! (You would think a queen could of did something about that... which made me think she was "dark side"... sadly Lukas failed again)
Well Mr. Lucas needed a spring board for the whiny teenager Anakin in AOTC.  Theres just so much wrong with the prequels from dialog to Lucas revising history of the franchise to really fake CGI in AOTC...the list goes on and on.
Another huge disappointment was Titanic which turned a tragic historical event into an FX laden romance flick with cardboard cutout characters for the romantic leads (of course that's nothing new for Cameron). Only Billy Zane makes the film sometimes a bit better for me.

Thank you, that just about sums up my feelings on that silly film.

Next one for me, The Dark Knight.  I honestly tried watching this again the other night and ended up turning it off...again.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Vik
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2010, 08:03:16 AM »

One of my biggest disapointments was Avatar, it was visualy seriously impressive but the story was just... retarded and the plot was incredibly predictable.
The movie basically is Pocahontas in space
Skull
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2010, 10:25:46 AM »

One of my biggest disapointments was Avatar, it was visualy seriously impressive but the story was just... retarded and the plot was incredibly predictable.
The movie basically is Pocahontas in space

Actually "Pocahontas in space" isnt a bad idea...

I was working (mostly daydreaming) of a The Count of Monte Cristo in space story and made a rough outline. It would of kick Star Wars in the balls!!! hehe... I also wanted to make a story like The Naked Prey (1966) in space for sometime as well.

Although, the Avatar trailers looked like Matrix... at least to me, so I havent seen it yet.

mich3l
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2010, 10:31:12 AM »

Not really a disappointment as a whole, but "Transformers" disappointed me with the predictable subplot of the geek-who-turns-hero-and-gets-laid-with-the-hot-chick thing. Boy, that nerdy guy+hot chick thing is getting old! I like "Transformers", for me it's one of the better late 00's movies (most are crappy). However, that subplot is boring. We already have late-80's and 90's romantic movies where the loser gets the girl. It's like the final girl thing in slasher/horror movies - it's not interesting anymore, it's predictable. That's why I liked a recent (2005 or so) movie about an alien, where there are two (not one!) final girls - the main character and a blond girl! At last something a bit different!
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2010, 07:27:47 PM »

I'll put a vote in for The House Of 1000 Corpses.  I enjoy White Zombie's music so I figured based on their B-movie lyrics Rob would have a hold on the material.  He did to a point, I loved the intro and Captain Spaulding.  However, once Otis and his gang arrived the film just because a huge mess.  The editing was sloppy, the characters were unlikeable and I really didn't care what happened to anyone.  It was basially unwatchable for me.  

DarkSider's Realm

Skull
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2010, 08:40:27 PM »

I'll put a vote in for The House Of 1000 Corpses.  I enjoy White Zombie's music so I figured based on their B-movie lyrics Rob would have a hold on the material.  He did to a point, I loved the intro and Captain Spaulding.  However, once Otis and his gang arrived the film just because a huge mess.  The editing was sloppy, the characters were unlikeable and I really didn't care what happened to anyone.  It was basially unwatchable for me.  

I didnt like it but I wasnt expecting anything super either so I wasnt disapointed.

Although I sometimes wonder what people are thinking that do say they love 1000 corpses.

funny thing I'd noticed, I have a Rob Zombie 1999 cd (names a lost) and there is no F-bombs in it... very odd when you see his films.
spongekryst
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 03:57:37 AM »

Kevin Smith is a god damn HACK x12! Clerks and Mallrats are his only good films (Clerks is actually in my comedy top 10, whatever happended to him after Mallrats, I'll never understand)
Mr. DS
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 07:38:49 AM »

Kevin Smith is a god damn HACK x12! Clerks and Mallrats are his only good films (Clerks is actually in my comedy top 10, whatever happended to him after Mallrats, I'll never understand)
Clerks 2 had a few moments but was nowhere near the caliber of the first one in humor.  Thus proving bigger budgets aren't always for the best. 

I'm not a fan of most Kevin Smith films save Clerks.  I find most of them to be way too preachy.  However, I found Jersey Girl to be heartfelt and a decent change from the constant barrage of dick jokes.   Its also the one film I can tolerate and buy Ben Affleck in a role.  As a father I found it horribly tear jerking at the end.

DarkSider's Realm

Chainsawmidget
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 10:30:51 AM »

Next one for me, The Dark Knight.  I honestly tried watching this again the other night and ended up turning it off...again.
Nice to see somebody else that doesn't like that movie.  Whenever I mention what I think of it, people look at me like I'm nuts. It's almost like you're not allowed to say that it was a bad movie.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 10:36:25 AM »

Nice to see somebody else that doesn't like that movie.  Whenever I mention what I think of it, people look at me like I'm nuts. It's almost like you're not allowed to say that it was a bad movie.

I like The Dark Knight, but I certainly don't begrudge anyone who doesn't. The Heath Ledger component is part of the issue. People feel obligated to like the film because of his performance and that he died right after. If he were still among us, I think you would see more openness about the film. You would see more people saying that his portrayal was too much of a departure from the original joker, etc. The film was far from perfect, and people have every reason to dislike the franchise for any reason they want to. Personally, I liked it, and I like Heath Ledger's performance, and was likewise sad to see him go. If anyone else feels differently, I won't fault you for it.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2010, 01:25:48 PM »

I don't really have many film disappointments.  I normally research the hell out of a movie beforehand and then go see it or buy it.  Of course when I was younger, I didn't do that but still remembering that I liked a lot of the films I saw, including Star Wars 1 and 2 (Sure they had boring and annoying moments, but I wasn't a Stars Wars geek or didn't compare it with the others films and I enjoyed them).

The only film disappointment I can say I have was with Man of the Year, the Robin Williams film where he becomes president.  I remember the advertistment for it and I thought it was going to be a comedy.  I thought, cool that be fun to watch.  So I took a girl I like to it and we enjoyed it.  The debate scene was great and we thought it was going to be a fun ride the whole way through.  Man were we wrong!  How were we suppose to know that it would turn into a thriller, right out of nowhere!  It would have been fine if we knew before hand, but damn, where did that come from?

The film was still alright, but I was really hoping for a fun comedy instead of a crime thriller!

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Your worst movie disapointment « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.