Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:08:42 AM
714205 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Kick-Ass the movie! « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Kick-Ass the movie!  (Read 5708 times)
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 12:13:49 AM »

Saw it a few weeks ago, loved it.   TeddyR
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 10:11:50 PM »

I watched this last night and enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. 
WARNING:[/color]
Following comments contain spoilers!

I thought the first actual Kickass fight sequence - where he got knifed and run over by a car - reflected pretty close to what would actually happen if some nerd with no superpowers and no martial arts skills ever tried to don a goofy costume and fight crime.

The combat sequences with Hit Girl were amazing!  She is one tough little woman!

The character development and the relationship between Kickass and his girlfriend were well done and made me like both characters a bit more.  His two goofy nerd friends were fun to watch.

As far as dislikes . . .

I can't unabashedly admire any movie that features an 11 year old cursing like a sailor.  Call me old fashioned, but I don't like hearing even grown women, much less little girls, talk like that.

And it is still kinda freaky to see "superheroes" actually KILLING the bad guys.  They usually save that for the last scene, in the confrontation with the major villain - but Big Daddy and Hit Girl turned a whole bunch of goons into hamburger in this movie!

This film is violent and gory and has tons of F-bombs, so it is definitely not for the kids.  But I would be lying if I said I wasn't pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed it overall.

The movie was enough of a teen film to make me feel very old, but not so much so that I could not relate to it at all.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 05:52:23 AM »

Bought the DVD and watched it last night.  VERY entertaiing!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 02:49:41 PM »

It was ok.

I kept thinking that the movie would be much better if Kick-Ass wasn't even in it and instead focused entirely on Big Daddy and Hit-Girl.

2.5 out of 4 stars.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Kick-Ass the movie! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.