Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:56:42 AM
714337 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I feel like a truck hit me « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: I feel like a truck hit me  (Read 8796 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 01:04:30 PM »

That sucks. I hope you feel better soon. 

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2010, 01:17:41 PM »

Get well soon Andrew!  Smile

JJ80
Nutter Magnet

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 01:22:55 PM »

Not so good. Get well soon!  Thumbup

There are few things more beautiful than a sporting montage with a soft-rock soundtrack
Vik
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2010, 01:55:44 PM »

Sucks, get wel soon  Drink
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »

Feel better  Bluesad

Hold onto your dreams ....
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2010, 07:03:17 PM »

...I have never been hit by a truck, but have been hit by a car.  I was cycling through Washington DC when the car hit me.  Saw it coming and went with the hit.  I ended up on the hood of the car, covered with white oxidized paint because it was an older car.  The driver, a male, was not looking at me.  The passenger, a female, was freaking out.  A large number of bystanders on the sidewalk were gawking.  I waved at the driver and yelled, "Hi, how are you?  WHY AM I ON YOUR HOOD?"
Bluesad BounceGiggle Bluesad BounceGiggle Lookingup BounceGiggle

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Paquita

« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2010, 09:15:56 PM »

I have never been hit by a truck, but have been hit by a car.  I was cycling through Washington DC when the car hit me.  Saw it coming and went with the hit.  I ended up on the hood of the car, covered with white oxidized paint because it was an older car.  The driver, a male, was not looking at me.  The passenger, a female, was freaking out.  A large number of bystanders on the sidewalk were gawking.  I waved at the driver and yelled, "Hi, how are you?  WHY AM I ON YOUR HOOD?"

Ha!  I was hit by an SUV when I was walking home from school when I was 15...not quite a truck.  I was OK, I flew through the air and landed on my backpack like a turtle.  When I went to the ER, the doctor said I was fine, but made a point to comment on my backne.  Yes. That happened.  Backne must be a result of being hit by an SUV.   For me, being hit by a car still wasn’t nearly as bad as having the flu, but really damaging to my self esteem.
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2010, 01:59:36 AM »

I have never been hit by a truck, but have been hit by a car.  I was cycling through Washington DC when the car hit me.  Saw it coming and went with the hit.  I ended up on the hood of the car, covered with white oxidized paint because it was an older car.  The driver, a male, was not looking at me.  The passenger, a female, was freaking out.  A large number of bystanders on the sidewalk were gawking.  I waved at the driver and yelled, "Hi, how are you?  WHY AM I ON YOUR HOOD?"

Ha!  I was hit by an SUV when I was walking home from school when I was 15...not quite a truck.  I was OK, I flew through the air and landed on my backpack like a turtle.  When I went to the ER, the doctor said I was fine, but made a point to comment on my backne.  Yes. That happened.  Backne must be a result of being hit by an SUV.   For me, being hit by a car still wasn’t nearly as bad as having the flu, but really damaging to my self esteem.

When my daughter, Kari was 2 years old I was riding with her on my 10 speed, she was secured in a child's seat, we were going through an intersection when a car coming from the opposite direction rolled through the stop sign and turned left without signaling. I sped up as fast as I could, thinking I only had get about half way across to be safe, it was day time, he had to see us, but when I looked at the driver he was looking over his right shoulder at the cross traffic and he actually turned into the wrong side of the street just like he was aiming for us. He finally turned to the front , saw us and hit the brakes just a little too late, knocked us about 8 to 10 feet down the street.
Kari and I were both shaken up and badly bruised but thanks to the safety equipment not really hurt, not so for our assailant, he was so frightened by the accident that the paramedics who were called for us ended up taking him to the emergency room for a possible heart attack. Kari and I, along with my wrecked bike were given a ride home by one of the police officers who responded to the scene. The wife drove Kari and I to our doctor to be checked out, just to be sure we were OK, which we were. The guy who hit us spent a couple days in the CCU at Arcadia Methodist Hospital.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2010, 04:12:38 AM »

Lots of citrus juice and Theraflu helps.  So does this, if you can afford it:

I had strep once when I used to pull orders for a beverage warehouse.  We had some free samples laying around and I swigged a can.  I could feel it working immediately.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2010, 10:04:54 AM »

Dennis and Paquita, I'm glad that both of your close encounters with vehicles resulted in minor injuries.  The trick to not getting hurt seems to be not going under the vehicle.  That's when people really get injured.

Still aching some today (after sleeping until 9!), but my main problem is mucus.  Lots and lots of mucus.  Having a fever and mucus in the middle of this heat wave is actually a bit uncomfortable.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2010, 12:17:22 PM »

Yuck, until i saw this I did catch myself thinking "I wonder how Andrew is doing".  Now I know.   
It took having kids for me to really understand what getting sick meant, I have had more fevers since Arianna started daycare.   Kee up the fluids!
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Cthulhu

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 01:45:57 PM »

Now I know how you feel.
Yesterday, every inch of my body ached...
Most of it hurts right now, too....
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 01:53:22 PM »

Now I know how you feel.

Nuts!  I have heard that this bug is going around; I guess this means that you caught it?  The good news is that I am much better today, and the aches wre only bad for two days.  I did get a very sore throat and heavy congestion that will likely take a few more days to completely clear up.  The coughing from that sucks, because it is hard to sleep at night without taking some sort of medication, and Robitussin makes me feel like I have a hangover the next morning.

My best wishes to you for a speedy recovery.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Cthulhu

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2010, 02:46:40 PM »

Now I know how you feel.

Nuts!  I have heard that this bug is going around; I guess this means that you caught it?  The good news is that I am much better today, and the aches wre only bad for two days.  I did get a very sore throat and heavy congestion that will likely take a few more days to completely clear up.  The coughing from that sucks, because it is hard to sleep at night without taking some sort of medication, and Robitussin makes me feel like I have a hangover the next morning.

My best wishes to you for a speedy recovery.
Thanks!
But my problems are not much because of influenza, but because of a sore throat, and excercise. TeddyR
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I feel like a truck hit me « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.