Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:53:16 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Confessional---Anything To Get Off Your Chest? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Author Topic: Confessional---Anything To Get Off Your Chest?  (Read 43386 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #135 on: September 07, 2020, 09:41:45 AM »

during my first college go around I almost committed slander and libel in the school newspaper I was doing an internship for

I got in a ton of trouble over the whole thing

I still think about this

I wrote for the underground newspaper at our college.
The official newspaper was called "The East Texan."
Ours was "The East Texan Lite" and the tagline was "One Third Less (something) Than the Regular East Texan."
We wrote whatever we wanted and said "Hey, it's all satire!"

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #136 on: September 08, 2020, 08:32:01 PM »

"Try to find reasons to be happy," I said to my mother this morning after a long listening session on the phone, sharing one of the tricks that works for me.

Judging by her response I guess that was the wrong thing for me to say.

I called my other parent and said, "So having tried a psychologist, at what point do we call in an exorcist, Dad?"

He.... didn't laugh. Scary.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2020, 02:22:26 PM »

I was into horror movies until I was a teenager in the late 70's. I still watched them, but I really got turned on by music. And that was what I obbessed with trough the 80's and early 90's. I got back into movies after I bought a vhs player in 1992. I was real poor.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #138 on: September 14, 2020, 08:52:06 AM »

This morning I actually lost a Socratic argument with an eleven-year-old.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2020, 03:34:25 PM »

The other day I made up an elaborate joke about a "Swiss Navy knife" which contained a miniature flame thrower, thinking my son would come to understand I was joking, but he didn't, and he later spent time trying to find one online. When I had to explain to him Switzerland was landlocked and I didn't think there was such a thing as a Swiss Navy knife, his disappointment made me feel so guilty I Gorilla glued a Zippo onto a regular Swiss army knife for him, and he was impressed.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #140 on: September 18, 2020, 11:35:31 AM »

Sometimes I think the strongest evidence I have in my own life for a person not being entirely in control of her own direction but under the influence of fate, karma, dharma, destiny, or God is the sheer amount of time I have found myself for the last almost thirty years enmeshed with the lives of one particular family, not my own. Sometimes for the good, sometimes for the bad, sometimes delightfully so, sometimes tragically, but seemingly inescapably have they been part of my time on this planet, as I have been in theirs, as if I have had little to no choice. I could create a map that might suggest a chain effect of causation that would require no higher plan to it all, yes, but the profound nature of their lives mixing with mine seems to defy something in arguments I could make for either chance or free will.

So what it is?

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #141 on: September 18, 2020, 03:38:44 PM »

I have bleeding hemmies.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #142 on: September 19, 2020, 01:14:53 AM »

In the fall of 1996 I wrote President Clinton a letter expressing my regret that I'd miss being old enough to vote for him by seven weeks. I didn't send it.

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2020, 01:19:04 AM »

I was once at the party in a flat where a brother and sister were living (Martin & Stella). Towards the end of the night Martin offered me some fried bread which made me throw up. The fact that I didn't have a toothbrush or toothpaste to freshen up with did not stop me spending the night with Stella.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2020, 01:22:51 AM »

I was once at the party in a flat where a brother and sister were living (Martin & Stella). Towards the end of the night Martin offered me some fried bread which made me throw up. The fact that I didn't have a toothbrush or toothpaste to freshen up with did not stop me spending the night with Stella.

Did you at least swish some sanitizing high-octane liquor around your mouth?

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2020, 01:32:04 AM »

Nope. I went to the toilet, threw up and then straight back to snogging.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2020, 11:53:08 AM »

Nope. I went to the toilet, threw up and then straight back to snogging.

Eeeeww!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2020, 01:27:02 PM »

In the fall of 1996 I wrote President Clinton a letter expressing my regret that I'd miss being old enough to vote for him by seven weeks. I didn't send it.

Aren't ya glad?  Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2020, 03:42:34 PM »

I tend to forget how old I am, I mostly feel like I'm 19 or maybe 22-23 on a bad day. My body on the other hand reminds every so often that I'm not, occasionally people remind me, recently I had to have blood drawn at the local Kaiser medical clinic, to verify that you're the right person for the paper work the phlebologist asks for your date of birth. I told the young woman and her response was "WOW, you were born in the middle of the last century." 

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #149 on: September 21, 2020, 04:03:02 PM »

A few times a year I get ocular migraines, "auras" some call them, in which a tiny blind spot in my eye gradually progresses up to a circular, twisting rainbow of scintillating colors, lasting from a few minutes to about an hour. They don't hurt but they're inconvenient.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Confessional---Anything To Get Off Your Chest? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.