Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:44:21 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Girl lost on the Amazon « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Girl lost on the Amazon  (Read 8360 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: April 08, 2010, 01:54:19 PM »

I'm confident someone will know this, I remember the film as a child, but can't remember the name. It involves a young woman who is lost in South America, wandering around the Amazon, at least I'm pretty sure it's the Amazon. I remember her being blond, and struggling to survive, running into all kinds of adversity, of course. I also remember a scene of her pulling leeches out of open sores. I think it was based on a true story, and I have a feeling it was a made-for-tv piece. I saw it more than once in the 70's as a child.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Vik
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 06:24:19 PM »

Queen of the Amazons ?
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 11:23:25 AM »

Funny, but no. This was a serious movie and I think it may have been made for tv. It was played on tv periodically during the 70's. I don't remember how the young woman was lost, but she wanders endlessly through the amazon jungle. I want to say she was a teenage girl, and that it was based on a true story. I just remember as a child being freaked out by the scene of her pulling leeches out of open sores. I'm surprised nobody has ID'd this one yet.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 12:16:38 PM »

The only one I can come up with is "Amazonia."  It is very serious, but also very much a exploitation flick (I couldn't imagine them making a version edited for TV).  It is also later than your timeframe.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Bargle5
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 08:13:09 AM »

I think you want "Miracles Still Happen". An Italian made film titled "I miracoli accadono ancora" in Italy. Based on the true story of Juliane Koepcke.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071845/

Frogs with their endless croaking, croaking, croaking in the night.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 11:36:56 AM »

I think you want "Miracles Still Happen". An Italian made film titled "I miracoli accadono ancora" in Italy. Based on the true story of Juliane Koepcke.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0071845/

THAT'S IT! What an obscure film. It doesn't surprise me it was a foreign film. I think that was never really a problem because there is very little dialogue. The plotline matches, a young woman is the sole survivor of a plane crash in the Amazon, and it's based on a true story. It also appears to be very hard to find a copy. Now here's something Hollywood should remake, or not really remake because it's based on a true story, but this would make a good movie.

You can put this on the solved list.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 11:45:27 AM »

I did look up the true story, however. She was a high school senior from Germany whose plane exploded and disintegrated two miles above the Peruvian rainforest. She fell to earth two miles strapped to her seat and managed to land with a only a broken collarbone, scratches, and an eye swollen shut. She then followed the Amazon river downstream for 10 days before finding a lumberman's shelter and was discovered there by the resident and taken to the nearest village and airlifted out. What a story. I definately see a new movie in this.

double feature
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2010, 02:41:40 PM »

Thank You Flick James.I have been looking for the title of this film for 10 years now myself.I thought no one would ever know what movie I was talking about.I saw this late one night about 10 years ago on a basic TV channel at like midnight.Anyway the movie was so good had very little dialogue but kept me on the edge of my seat until she was found.As soon as I saw your caption that read girl lost in the amazon I immediately knew what movie you were talking about I just didn't know the title.I seem to remember some scenes with a large phython or anaconda and a panther as well.Thanks to Bargle 5 we have found our movie Miracles Still Happen or Amazon Death Trap.Great site.Thanks BADMOVIES.org!
barry
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 01:31:05 PM »

There's a remake of "Miracles Still Happen." It's Werner Herzog's "Wings of Hope" released in 2000. It's pretty good! 
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2011, 03:17:56 PM »

Ah. I didn't know that. Directed by Werner Herzog who made Rescue Dawn. Apparently the man has a penchant for jungle survival tales.

double feature
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 02:46:19 AM »

There's a remake of "Miracles Still Happen." It's Werner Herzog's "Wings of Hope" released in 2000. It's pretty good! 
Actually Wings of Hope is not a remake but rather a documentary given by the lone survivor of the plane crash and Werner Herzog who directs the docudrama.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Girl lost on the Amazon « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.