Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:33:13 PM
714227 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  SOME THOUGHTS ON EASTER, 2010 « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: SOME THOUGHTS ON EASTER, 2010  (Read 3131 times)
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 03:44:56 PM »

It has never made sense to me that what one does out of fear, force or lack of choice can be said to have the quality of 'virtue'.

It's funny how one can 'find' universal truths in everyday undertakings: there is an oft-quoted passage in a famous horse-training manual by a Greek general named Xenophon (written 2300 years ago!) that contrasts the advantages of willing compliance vs. force.

"For what a horse does under compulsion...is done without understanding; and there is no beauty in it either, any more than if one should whip and spur a dancer. There would be a great deal more ungracefulness than beauty in either a horse or a man that was so treated."

Works for me.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 04:29:07 PM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 12:10:58 AM »

Mostly, I've always taken your challenges to Indy's posts as attempts to make him/us think further about why we profess Christ, and I applaud anything that makes me think deeper about my motivations.
In this you are correct.  I agree with much of what else you have written, Derf, but not all.  I meant it when I indicated I agreed with Newt in this regard: "...we are to find it within ourselves to accept and commit because our hearts say it must be so..."  I have faith that it is worthwhile, in and of itself, to behave well, to be kind, and to give. 

Hmmm... so, we must always be kind, and contrite when not, even to JESUS.  I will point out that if JESUS was not a man, he was not our Savior. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 07:37:30 AM »

Agreed, and what a great discussion!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  SOME THOUGHTS ON EASTER, 2010 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.