Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:12:35 PM
713365 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Dr. Who premiere « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Dr. Who premiere  (Read 22680 times)
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2011, 12:39:38 AM »

What an episode (s6:e2) !

I'm surprised the internet hasn't just melted because of all the nerds now talking about !

Cheers Cheers Cheers

My BRAIN has been melting. I thought it was great, especially the final moment. I've always liked when shows really heavily developed season-long story arcs, and this season of Doctor Who looks to be doing that much more so than the previous ones of the modern series.

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2011, 11:03:38 AM »

Small | Large

Spoilers...  Lookingup Wink

I do love the pub analogy.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2011, 08:48:57 AM »

It would appear the Mondas Cybermen are back. The ones at the beginning of the last episode didn't have the Cybus logo, and they're apparently back to being a spacefaring empire. I don't know. Maybe those were Cybus Cybermen of the future, or maybe the originals weren't extinct after all, perhaps as a result of rebooting the universe. Anyway, I hope to see more of them.
Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
WilliamWeird1313
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Bad taste is just an acquired taste!!!

« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2011, 09:32:49 PM »

It would appear the Mondas Cybermen are back. The ones at the beginning of the last episode didn't have the Cybus logo, and they're apparently back to being a spacefaring empire. I don't know. Maybe those were Cybus Cybermen of the future, or maybe the originals weren't extinct after all, perhaps as a result of rebooting the universe. Anyway, I hope to see more of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I-efBSAUiY&feature=related

As would I. I feel kind of disappointed in how little the Cybermen have been used. I mean, with the exception of the story where the parallel universe Cybers were introduced they haven't really received a whole lot of quality playtime. Sure, they appeared in the finale for season 2, but they definitely played second fiddle to the Daleks, and their subsequent appearances have, to me at least, kind of played them off as second-stringers, whereas I think they're right up there on the A-list as Whoniverse villains. Moffat has given them even less play, relegating to this little cameo (which I hope is a hint of more Cybery good things to come). and the brief (but EXTREMELY memorable) appearance of that one damaged, falling apart, uber-creepy Cyber that attacks Amy in the finale of last season.

On the subject of the mid-season finale, what did ya'll think?

"On a mountain of skulls in a castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood. What was will be, what is will be no more. Now is the season of evil." - Vigo (former Carpathian warlord and one-time Slayer lyric-writer)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2011, 07:14:01 AM »

Finally here. Looks pretty good so far.
Small | Large

---------------------
66Crush
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2011, 12:11:57 AM »

I liked it, although the stuff about River being Amy's friend growing up before regenerating, seemed a bit too cluttered. I felt it almost jumped the shark. I wished there had been more stuff about The Doctor battling Hitler. I feel a bit mislead. But, the story itself was really good and I liked how it was resolved in the end. Even with those two minor complaints, I'd still give it four and a half stars.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2011, 10:00:58 AM »

(SPOILERS)

Still, there's something really funny about throwing in Hitler as a minor comic-relief character who gets locked in a closet for most of the episode.

---------------------
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2011, 07:32:27 PM »

I missed the older Amy.

I wish they kept her and not the young one. That would've been intresting.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2011, 07:27:40 AM »

I missed the older Amy.

I wish they kept her and not the young one. That would've been intresting.

'Older Amy' was my kind of gal.  It'd be cool if they could let us see hints of her in the younger Amy from time to time.  She certainly makes it clear where River got some of her abilities!

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2011, 10:27:58 AM »

A simple yet very powerful episode.

Considering Rory sat around for a couple of Millennia waiting for Amy to get out of the Pandorica, I thought "Older Amy" was a little bit petty complaining about 36 years. Mind you, she spent the whole time fighting off helpful robots that were trying to kill her, and she'd gone a little bit crazy. And she did make the right choice in the end.

Having Amy's older self along for a couple of episodes would have made for some interesting adventures though, especially teamed up with River as a middle-aged mother-daughter wrecking crew. I could also imagine Older Amy being a little bit like Leela - quick to violence and always having to be reined in by the Doctor when she overreacts.

But, the whole point of the episode was making the tough choice of sacrificing one Amy to save another. And there seems to be an ongoing theme of this Doctor being something of a liar when he deems it necessary, not to mention his guilt over the price his companions have paid for traveling with him. Maybe the paradox was too much for the TARDIS to bear, but maybe it was also that the Doctor couldn't bear the existence of this violent, lonely, tormented Amy created by his own irresponsibility.

---------------------
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  Dr. Who premiere « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.