Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:53:34 AM
713401 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  This weekend (April 23, 24, 25) - - predictions and actual results « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: This weekend (April 23, 24, 25) - - predictions and actual results  (Read 4321 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 23, 2010, 04:08:08 PM »

Here's the wacky new discussion where you post your plans for the weekend, then follow up on Monday and tell us all what you really ended up doing.  My life usually consists of having very few exciting plans for the weekend and then . . . well . . . actually doing very few exciting things.  So, at least I'm not setting my expectations too high!

This weekend I have absolutely no plans.  Here is my prediction of how the weekend will unfold:

* Friday night - go home - eat dinner - watch DVDs until at least midnight (yesterday I got another batch of DVD-Rs from Something Weird).

* Saturday - go to the gym around 7 or 8 a.m. - after the gym, stop by the post office and get the mail from my P.O. box - go home, shower, and go out to lunch with my wife - go home, maybe watch a little baseball on TV - - then more DVDs late into the evening.

* Sunday - go to the gym around 7 or 8 a.m. - go home, shower - fire up the grill and cook some steaks or something (or maybe go to my parents house and make my mom cook) - watch some baseball on TV - watch some more DVDs.

And this, my children, is why my life sucks.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Vik
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 04:35:41 PM »

Sounds like a chill life to me  Drink
But if you want to do something exciting, go do it. Ask some friends who never do anything exciting either with you. They'll probably want to also. Or go with someone who does exciting stuff.
As for me, it's friday night, gonna get drunk by myself this night, tomorrow I'm going to mow lawns for some cash, at night I'm going to a boat party. And sunday I need to do some schoolwork.
I'll let you guys know what I did on monday :p
Javakoala
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 04:51:40 PM »

I'll probably play a drinking game while playing Modern Warfare 2 on my PS3, cruise the internet for non-nude pictures of real women (seriously, there ain't many places to find them in one spot), eat something fairly simple after the heart attack on a bun I had for lunch, hopefully start Twister's Revenge for a review (although I did watch PUFNSTUF and that DOES qualify as a "deranged vision"), and possibly hang out on PS Home as my female avatar. (I sound much more weird and exotic that I really am. I'm actually boring.)

Tomorrow:  If my girlfriend doesn't come by, I'll be making multiple trips to Walmart on the bus to buy at least two shelving units for all my DVDs that don't have a home, buying groceries, doing at least ONE of the things on my "to do" list to get this apartment straightened up after nearly two years of piling stuff everywhere, play video games, more internet, do or finish the review for my blogs, wish my girlfriend was staying the evening with me and eat at various times throughout the day.

Sunday: Get up at 5:15am, ride across town to the McDonald's where my girlfriend has worked Sundays for the last 21 years, eat breakfast there and talk to her during her break, go to Walmart to kill time until Barnes & Noble opens, drink a sugary drink while looking at books and magazines, ride home, take a shower, hopefully work on a project until my girlfriend might drop by after work around 2 to 4, then watch a movie, play video games, read, watch Family Guy and American Dad if they are new, surf the internet more and go to bed.

Trust me; no one cares if this comes to pass or not, but if I'm abducted by a group of nubile cheerleaders in squirrel suits, I promise to post the videos to YouTube.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 04:59:09 PM »

Friday: Going to doctor; last appointment of the day. After that supposed to meet some friends out late and maybe see a movie. Leslie's turn to pick, so she'll probably drag the four of us to something fluffy and IQ reducing.

Saturday: Predicting bad storms so we'll see how those influence things but business acquaintance of mine flying in from New York. (Man gives New Yorkers and members of his particular ethnic group a bad name and says it's his mission in life.) If applicable rant at New Yorker for his past mendacity regarding commissions. Hopefully get check from him and settle the whole lame matter. If not rained out, going to ball game in evening. If it is rained out....shrug...stay home, I expect.

Sunday: No clue. Depending on weather, see if drought has left garden viable? Not sure, really.

This is an interesting idea. Well done, Burgomaster.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
claws
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 05:46:32 PM »

Friday: I had a Taco-Pizza while watching a few eps of The Golden Girls on DVD. I gave Dance of the Dead (2008) (Region B) a spin on my Blu-ray player afterwards, and spend a couple of hours on Chatroulette. I was faking it with a tranny webcam video I found on youtube. I haven't laughed that much in ages.

Saturday: I am getting up early (because of time difference) for my weekend chat at another forum. I usually have breakfast while we chat, plus I will be awaiting the postman because my Amazon order shipped yesterday. After chat I will go shopping downtown, then take a shower, followed by dinner at my sisters. I might spend a couple of hours at her place as we have planned to look up Unidentified Victims and Unexplained Disappearances on doenetwork.org Morbid yes, but also fascinating. My sisters pc is connected to her LCD so we won't miss juicy details while lounging on the couch. After that I might watch a movie. That is, if it's not too late.

Sunday: Again, early morning chat followed by cooking dinner (no idea what's on the menu yet). In the afternoon its movie time with the siblings, usually three movies. After that I'll be spending quality time on the Internet. That about wraps it up.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 05:48:46 PM »

Since it's already 6:30 p.m. on Friday, I'll quickly rehash my day. Got up early, had breakfast, then got dressed and went out with hubby to the local gun range to do some target shooting.  Later, around lunchtime stopped at Burger King and had a crappy lunch. Should have gone to Subway instead! After lunch stopped at bank, then went back home. Played on computer, later went on the back porch and fussed with my plants and played with the 2 stray kittens we sort of adopted. Had dinner around 5:30 and went back on the computer. And here I am ...  No special plans for tonight, watch tv, I guess.

Have no real plans for Saturday at all. No idea what we are going to do.

Sunday, we are going to a surprise anniversay party in NY for my husband's sister and her husband. It's not really a surprise.  It is a 3 hour ride in though. It will be nice to see the whole family. We have all been locked up in our houses all wnter long! We are staying overnight with relatives, so at least we don't have to deal with the drive back home all in the same day!

Monday, we will head home.  Oh, it is supposed to rain like hell on Sunday! Figures. Question

Hold onto your dreams ....
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 05:56:03 PM »

Tonight - Go home, have dinner with the wife and toddler son, and after my son goes to bed probably drink a fair amount of whiskey to take the edge off a particularly maddening day.

Saturday - Do stuff around the house to prepare for a second child due in three weeks. Go out to a movie and dinner with my wife, our last date night before impending multiple parenthood.

Sunday - Relax, slow-bbq some ribs, drink iced tea and Newcastle, eat the ribs, watch baseball, watch The Tudors, watch The Pacific.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 05:57:40 PM »

Got nothing really solid, but the weekend will consist of studying for my last final on teh 26th (in my weakest subject, naturally), some vegging out, watching at least one of my new DVDs, maybe seeing a friend for coffee or something. But yeah, mostly studying.
Javakoala
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 02:27:23 PM »

I know we are supposed to wait until Monday, but I have trouble putting things together after a few hours. Well, I'm not that bad. But, Friday in real life:

I did drink and play my game. I did surf for pictures (since it is all clean, I could start a thread on that and see if anyone has other sites, but don't want to threaten Rev's title as "kinky gent" here in the forums). I did eat something simple (roast beef and cheese on a whole wheat pita). I did not watch a movie. I did not log into PS Home.

Don't flame me for posting the real life update early; it burns my tender flesh.
Vik
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 04:56:48 PM »

I'm not going to the party after all, don't feel like it.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2010, 10:27:12 AM »

Oooh . . . never pass up a party!  Never!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Vik
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 11:21:26 AM »

Oooh . . . never pass up a party!  Never!

Hehe, oh well. I thought it was a boatparty, but apparently it was a foam party, wich isn't my thing and I hadn't bought my ticket yet anyway.  Twirling
claws
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2010, 12:48:21 AM »

Friday: I had a Taco-Pizza while watching a few eps of The Golden Girls on DVD. I gave Dance of the Dead (2008) (Region B) a spin on my Blu-ray player afterwards, and spend a couple of hours on Chatroulette. I was faking it with a tranny webcam video I found on youtube. I haven't laughed that much in ages.

Saturday: I am getting up early (because of time difference) for my weekend chat at another forum. I usually have breakfast while we chat, plus I will be awaiting the postman because my Amazon order shipped yesterday. After chat I will go shopping downtown, then take a shower, followed by dinner at my sisters. I might spend a couple of hours at her place as we have planned to look up Unidentified Victims and Unexplained Disappearances on doenetwork.org Morbid yes, but also fascinating. My sisters pc is connected to her LCD so we won't miss juicy details while lounging on the couch. After that I might watch a movie. That is, if it's not too late.

Sunday: Again, early morning chat followed by cooking dinner (no idea what's on the menu yet). In the afternoon its movie time with the siblings, usually three movies. After that I'll be spending quality time on the Internet. That about wraps it up.

Results: Did all of the above except for our three sunday movies. We only did two because we had a late start.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2010, 06:10:24 AM »

Results:  My weekend ended up being pretty consistent with my prediction except I didn't watch as many DVDs as I expected.  But I did watch the following:

* SECRET AGENT SUPER DRAGON
* CARBON COPY (not the 1980s comedy . . . this is a 1970s European crime thriller)
* RUMPLESTILTSKIN (the German movie that K. Gordon Murray released in the U.S. as a kiddie matinee feature in the 1960s)
* THE FABULOUS BASTARD FROM CHICAGO (didn't finish it yet . . . I have about 10 minutes remaining)
* SAVAGE SISTERS
* NIGHTMARE (only had time to watch the first 30 minutes . . . need to finish it this week)
* DAUGHTER OF HORROR

« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 07:26:01 AM by The Burgomaster » Logged

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2010, 11:29:30 AM »

Friday: Going to doctor; last appointment of the day. After that supposed to meet some friends out late and maybe see a movie. Leslie's turn to pick, so she'll probably drag the four of us to something fluffy and IQ reducing.

Saturday: Predicting bad storms so we'll see how those influence things but business acquaintance of mine flying in from New York. (Man gives New Yorkers and members of his particular ethnic group a bad name and says it's his mission in life.) If applicable rant at New Yorker for his past mendacity regarding commissions. Hopefully get check from him and settle the whole lame matter. If not rained out, going to ball game in evening. If it is rained out....shrug...stay home, I expect.

Sunday: No clue. Depending on weather, see if drought has left garden viable? Not sure, really.

Friday: Bingo. She made us sit through The Backup Plan.

Saturday: Wuddya know, he did pay me. He gave up too easily. Made me wonder if the check had some sort of poison soaked into it. Storms weren't too bad but Little League game rained out, so went over to friends' place. Recorded Doctor Who.

Sunday: Rainy, chilly day. Stayed in, stayed home, watched Doctor Who, watched Ashes to Ashes (thank you, ByeLittleLady!) had a nice rainy day doing not much of anything.

Overall weekend went more or less according to prediction and plan.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  This weekend (April 23, 24, 25) - - predictions and actual results « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.