Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 09:53:16 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Educational Archives: Sex & Drugs « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Educational Archives: Sex & Drugs  (Read 20753 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: April 10, 2010, 06:52:05 AM »

"The Educational Archives" is an entertainment goldmine filled with old classroom training films.  This particular assortment contains an Italian man who canna have no bambino until he gets his syphilis fixed, a girl whose LSD trip results in a talking hot dog, and sanitary napkins so large that only three of them fit inside of a shoebox.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 07:26:04 AM »

Oh educational videos and PSA all a like, where would we be with you?   Your unintential sillness provides us all with plenty of laughs and sometimes insightful advice.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
sandra
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 08:50:43 AM »

You can watch the LSD Hotdog short on Youtube.  The hotdog turns into a troll doll, named, presumably Frank N. Furter.  My favorite line was "I've murdered it !"'        You might want to rephrase  "people with mental disabilities through education".
monoceros4
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 09:59:06 AM »

Lord, I love that talking-hot-dog film.  I've dropped acid a couple of times and it must not have been very good acid because I do remember feeling it "come on" with time.  I don't remember any exciting, unpredictable, "hurf durf nothing's happening ho hum AAAAH KILL IT KILL IT" moments.

The "Know for Sure" syphilis short has to be the best-acted educational movie of the lot.  Ward Bond and Tim Holt both wander through it although they make less of an impression than the vaudeville Italian stereotype who precedes them.
Ken Zieger
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 04:37:36 AM »

That looks like Kevin Tighe in the second picture. So, he got kicked from the curling team and ended up as a paramedic in L.A. Good trade.

And Sonny certainly does look like he's on something.
mikey
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 04:40:26 PM »

Isn't that Kevin Tighe in the second photo on the top screengrab?  You know, the guy from 'Road House."
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 09:01:21 AM »

The "Know for Sure" syphilis short has to be the best-acted educational movie of the lot.  Ward Bond and Tim Holt both wander through it although they make less of an impression than the vaudeville Italian stereotype who precedes them.

Uncredited, but a few online sources say that Lewis Milestone, "All Quiet on the Western Front" (1930), directed "Know for Sure."

Isn't that Kevin Tighe in the second photo on the top screengrab?  You know, the guy from 'Road House."

Good grief, but it is!  I didn't recognize him that young.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Kitten_Pie
New Visitor

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 01:29:05 PM »

I've seen the woman with Kevin Tighe somewhere else as well.

Do you think he used his connections as a paramedic to score for his buddies?

Buggedout

When shooting wrapped, they beat up some homeless people, made some kitten pies and fed them to orphans...
Kitten_Pie
New Visitor

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 01:39:40 PM »

Oh yeah, we actually got to see the Sonny Bono marijuana PSA when I was a sophmore in high school. I guess things hadn't changed much between the mid 1960's and 1984...

Isn't there a part in that one where some guy smokes pot and looks in the mirror and he's turned into some kind of monster?

I gotta find this on youtube.

My favorite in high school was the one about drinking. They had some woman who was an alcoholic who had booze stashed virtually everywhere. The spot that got me the most was her bottle of wine in the toilet tank!

Ahh those were the good ole days!

When shooting wrapped, they beat up some homeless people, made some kitten pies and fed them to orphans...
Greenhornet
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 03:43:38 PM »

Good gravy, that girl looks HAPPY that her hotdog's talking to her! TeddyR

As to the last picture: no children, those girls are NOT high; girls actually DID iron their hair when curls were "not with it".
Bergerjacques
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 03:09:32 PM »

Nice "Bloom County" reference in your "Things I Learned" section. I also found the woman coming in on her boy masturbating as hysterical. Especially as she continues to stand there while her son lays there mortified that he's been caught. One educational reel I wish they had was one I saw when I was in high school. It started out with a series of scenes of people doing freaky things wile on LSD. There is a scene of a guy running into a busy traffic tunnel because, on drugs, he thought he was more powerful than Superman. Another guy runs into a lion's cage at a zoo to wrestle the feline.
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2010, 08:24:48 PM »

Oh yeah, we actually got to see the Sonny Bono marijuana PSA when I was a sophmore in high school. I guess things hadn't changed much between the mid 1960's and 1984...

Isn't there a part in that one where some guy smokes pot and looks in the mirror and he's turned into some kind of monster?

That's the one.  He has two hallucinations, one of which inspired this:

Overdosing on drugs will turn you into Grig from "The Last Starfighter."

As to the last picture: no children, those girls are NOT high; girls actually DID iron their hair when curls were "not with it".

Yes, but you have to admit it's a screen capture that makes you laugh. 

Nice "Bloom County" reference in your "Things I Learned" section. I also found the woman coming in on her boy masturbating as hysterical. Especially as she continues to stand there while her son lays there mortified that he's been caught. One educational reel I wish they had was one I saw when I was in high school. It started out with a series of scenes of people doing freaky things wile on LSD. There is a scene of a guy running into a busy traffic tunnel because, on drugs, he thought he was more powerful than Superman. Another guy runs into a lion's cage at a zoo to wrestle the feline.

I loved the old "Bloom County" comics.  As a teenager my walls were plastered with dozens, if not hundreds, of them that I had cut out of the papers (that I delivered, the last of the non-adult paperboys for that route).

The woman walking in on her son, and then delivering that completely inappropriate monologue even made me uncomfortable.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
RayHaryyhausenFan
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 07:51:32 PM »

This film truly deserves the B-movie title. I've watched it, and it is horrendous. It was the most boring 3 minutes and 40 seconds of my life, and the payoff was just stupid. The most shocking thing about that film is that it was actually shown somewhere.
LifeMasque
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2010, 08:46:17 PM »

>>> He even apparently takes a swig of beer from a random can off the coffee table!<<<

Eww, that's a great way to get a mouth full of cigarette ash! Especially a can on the coffee table, people ash in those all the time.  Smile
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Educational Archives: Sex & Drugs « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.