Main Menu

MEALS IN THE MORGUE?

Started by Allhallowsday, April 29, 2010, 07:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allhallowsday

Been ruminating on films, particularly MONSTER MOVIES, where there is a scene in which the medical examiner or morgue attendant dines.  I think the earliest film I can think of where there is eating in the morgue is THE MONSTER THAT CHALLENGED THE WORLD (1957) in which the medical examiner keeps his sandwiches (and an apple!) in a refrigerated body drawer...  :tongueout: and offers one of his sammies to leading man TIM HOLT and his lieutenant... eh... yum.  Don't know if that's the first occurrence of such movie manipulation, but it certainly has become a HORROR FILM staple to have somebody lunching, snacking, or feasting in the morgue.  There are lots of film examples...

WHAT OTHER FILMS FEATURE MEALS IN THE MORGUE?  One flick per contributor, please!  Anybody who doesn't follow the rules will be rebuked right quick - y'all know how good at that I can git!!  :wink:  :teddyr:  :cheers:     

Can't find the morgue clip, but here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM7b0-HoTlc&feature=related  
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

retrorussell

Dead Alive has a scene where a body is being embalmed (and overfilled) while a goofy mortician's assistant (played by Peter Jackson!) wolfs down a sandwich.  There's a little embalming fluid on the sandwich, IIRC, as he devours it.  Bleargh!
"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."

Derf

Does The Undertaker and His Pals count? They turn the whole morgue into a diner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkHX9DODXwg
"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."

joejoeherron

the gone in 60 seconds remake has one of the car thieves(his day job is morgue attendant) taking a bite of a sandwich and then setting it down on a dead body.

Flick James

Sorry to step outside the pardigm of the thread, because it's not a horror movie and it's not about eating, so, sorry. But Night Shift (1982) just leaped into my mind. In that movie, there was even napping and sex going on in the body drawers. I guess there could be some "eating" construed there. Ouch, sorry.
I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org

Allhallowsday

Quote from: Flick James on April 30, 2010, 10:41:09 AM
Sorry to step outside the pardigm of the thread, because it's not a horror movie and it's not about eating, so, sorry. But Night Shift (1982) just leaped into my mind. In that movie, there was even napping and sex going on in the body drawers. I guess there could be some "eating" construed there. Ouch, sorry.
That's okay - it adds to the discussion. 

Let me clarify ONE film per POSTING, not per contributor!  THANKS!! 
If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!

Paquita

I think I remember the undertaker eating a sandwich in the morgue in Arachnophobia.

metalmonster

In The Movie THE HOWLING They See That The Mortician Was Eating A Burger In The Morgue.......Right Before They Find Out That The Body Of The Guy They Were Looking For Is Missing

If They Didn't Show He Was Still Alive In The Movie Then I'd Be Wondering Where That Burger Came From

AndyC

I can think of a couple of examples from TV. On CSI, Doc Robbins once talked about a former boss of his who was known for performing autopsies with a scalpel in one hand and a hot dog in the other.

There was also an episode of Night Court where everybody is taking shelter in the morgue during a fire. Among other things, the coroner kept his lunch in the cooler with the bodies. At one point Roz asks him what's in a petri dish and he tastes it to make sure it's his Bearnaise sauce.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."