Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:30:43 PM
713362 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Facial hair « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Facial hair  (Read 9607 times)
Sleepyskull
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Well,well,well...

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 01:00:58 AM »

I can grow a beard but it takes a few days for it to get the length I like it and it looks pretty gross.  I like having facial hair but I shave on work days or for important events.

By the way what is everybody's preferred method of shaving?

I use a traditional non-electric razor (whatever is on sale) and I shave without any water, cream, or lather. The only water I use is for cleaning hairs out of the razor.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 04:38:12 AM »

I have a bit of a beard (not really bushy) I'll let grow out a bit before it itches, and then I shave it off.  I always keep my mustache, just trim it once in a while.  When I do shave my beard I bleed like crazy, especially around the jaw and on my neck.  Doesn't really hurt, I just have thin skin there.  I use a non-electric razor with gel foam.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
joejoeherron
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 05:11:26 AM »

I wear the the full beard. It's long enough I have to be carefull when I eat soup.
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 05:47:35 AM »

My facial hair comes in kind of sparsely, but extremely coarse -- more like boar bristles than human hair.  I tend to shave every other day or every third day, because if I shave any less frequently, I have to wear a beard guard at work, and those things itch like mad.  I grew a goatee once and liked it, but had to get rid of it because I was developing such horrible ingrown hairs on my chin. 

I have considered doing the Civil War "mustache blends into sideburns" look, but there's two patches, one on either side of my upper lip, where hair simply does not grow.  So there goes that idea. 

Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 10:26:43 AM »

I like using the old fashioned cut-throat razor.

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 11:18:40 AM »

You mean one of these: ?

I've heard they take quite a bit of practice to use correctly. Was that the case with you?

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 11:37:14 AM »

I've heard they take quite a bit of practice to use correctly. Was that the case with you?

Hell yeah. Nearly bought the farm a few times... BounceGiggle

Javakoala
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 11:50:14 AM »

Hell yeah. Nearly bought the farm a few times... BounceGiggle

You don't strike me as the farming type.

D'oh!  Sorry.   Twirling Twirling Twirling BounceGiggle BounceGiggle
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 12:15:00 PM »

I've never used a straight razor personally, but I've had barbers use them on me. Each time I imagine my throat being slashed by various movie killers.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2010, 11:37:16 AM »

I razor-shave my head once or twice a week, and have a goatee, making me look a little like Anton LeVey at times. I don't mind the receding hairline so much, but the bald patch at the back of the head annoys me, so I went totally bald. I've toyed with the idea of growing a full beard along with the shaved head, as I don't mind being humous with my appearance. I even had the idea of growing a full beard, including having a line of hair run over and behind my ears and around the bottom of the back of my head, and call it a "surgical mask."

Since shaving my head, I've been wanting to do a mohawk, but that would look riduculous because of the bald patch. It would end up being a broken mohawk. Hey, there's a new idea, I'll call it a brohawk. Hmm. No that doesn't work. A broke-hawk? I'll come up with something.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2010, 11:51:08 AM »

Since shaving my head, I've been wanting to do a mohawk, but that would look riduculous because of the bald patch. It would end up being a broken mohawk. Hey, there's a new idea, I'll call it a brohawk. Hmm. No that doesn't work. A broke-hawk? I'll come up with something.

Please, please post a picture if you actually do that.   BounceGiggle

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 12:57:17 PM »

I've done the full beard with a shaved head look, and it's not too bad except that I need to remember to get the sideburns the same length (in the opposite of the normal direction). Mostly, I've done the shaved head and goatee (more properly a Van Dyck), and I used to do a mustache now and then, except my wife doesn't seem to like it. Says it looks gay. Why that would bother her, I don't know.

Right now, I'm wearing the compromise look, which I think suits me best - the mustache and chin puff. I've occasionally modified that to a Frank Zappa mustache and soul patch, or just a very small goatee with no mustache, but I tend to favour the Kentucky Colonel look.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 01:41:41 PM »

Why are those "friendly" mutton chops?  Are mutton chops without an accompanying mustache considered threatening?

The balbo is one I could grow, but it sure looks stupid.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2010, 02:31:53 PM »

I'm guessing the muttonchops are friendly because they join the mustache.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
asimpson2006
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2010, 02:39:39 PM »

I just have sideburns right now, and that's it.  I was thinking about growing a mustache this summer, but I am still thinking about it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Facial hair « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.