Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:28:50 AM
713326 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Tearjerker Moments « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Tearjerker Moments  (Read 5254 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: May 01, 2010, 10:56:46 AM »

Come on, fess up.  You've watched and seen things before that made you cry or feel like crying more than once.  We've all been there before when watching movies, TV shows, and even playing video games before.  So, let's let it all out now.  What moments made cry or almost cry because of how sad or possibly heartwarming it was.

For me, in video games, the storyline of Dragon Quest V has done than more than once, with death of the main character's death and a few other moments.  In manga, Tsubasa had a really heartbreaking moment early on.  The main character had to save the love of his life by crossing through many different dimensions to regain her memories.  However, in order to do so, he had to sacrafice a huge thing.  Even if she regains all of her memories, she'll never remember him.  This hits hard during one point when she thinks she sort of remembers him, but her memories of those thoughts are instantly wiped clean in front of him.

Oh yeah, these scenes hit me hard:

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 11:12:48 AM by InformationGeek » Logged

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 10:11:48 AM »

The Ends of the following films:

Stardust
Dangerous Minds
The Client
Batman Returns
Peter Pan (2003)

When it comes to computer games, I thought the death of Aries in FF VII was pretty sad.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 01:52:47 PM »

When I was about 10-12 years old I started crying while watching My Dog Skip.

If I remember correctly it was a scene in which Frankie Muniz's character hits the dog.  I left the room and tried to stop crying. I felt totally horrible. Being a young boy I told my mother I was fine and denied that I was crying. However, I knew that she could see the truth.

At about the same age while watching Harry and the Hendersons I started crying at the scene (assuming I remember correctly) in which John Lithgow's character pushed Harry away so he would leave. I went to the bathroom and tried to compose myself. I knew that the whole family noticed and that made me feel worse.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 01:56:20 PM »

In THE PATRIOT, when Ben Martin goes to the Gullah village to visit his children, and his youngest daughter refuses to talk to him - until he rides away, and then she runs after him, begging him not to go and repeatedly crying, "I'll say anything!!!! I'll say anything you want!!!"

No matter how many times I see that movie, I always bawl like a baby during that scene!!!!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 02:13:33 PM »

The Rocky Lockridge episode of A&E Intervention.  "Best Cry" meme put aside, his son gave a hell of a speech to him.  My fiancee said, "He'd better go to treatment after that."  I said, "Hell, I'm ready to go to treatment after that speech."
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 02:26:32 PM »

You did not say whether these tearjerker moments are one of sorrow or joy. So . . . here are some of both. And as they are too many to list, I'll just give them in general numbers.

Films
sorrow 104
joy 95

And strangely enough, sometimes within the same film, I'll begin with tears of sorrow and end with tears of joy in the same film.

Films
both 71

And that is not all.

Plays
sorrow 2
joy 5
both 3

TV shows
sorrow 37
joy 14
both 12

And the tears run hot and salty.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 05:54:24 PM »

Anything to do with dogs gets the waterworks going.

Fly 2                      the mutated golden retreiver

Old Yeller                 rabies infected dog kid has to shoot

The Yearling             adult deer kid has to shoot   (kid raised it from a fawn)

Hootch                     big old slobbering mastif dies in Tom Hanks arms

Bluesad Bluesad Bluesad

I'm sure there are others, but these immediately came to mind

Hold onto your dreams ....
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 01:51:48 AM »

To Heal A Nation ~ the last 15 minutes from the building of the Vietnam Veterans' Memorial to the conclusion where a flag at half mast is reflected in golden sunlight over the names of those MIA or KIA.  Bluesad Bluesad If you thought that Eric Roberts couldn't act, think again. Those last few minutes are emotionally devastating.

Armageddon ~ My emotions go into overdrive from the time Bruce Willis says "We win, Gracie!" to the end. A combination of the visuals, the acting and especially Trevor Rabin and his soaring score. I blub unashamedly every time.

Katrina ~ the final moments of this classic SA film put you through an emotional whirlpool. The ending is powerful enough to make any person bawl.  Bluesad

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles ~ the fireside scene with Master Splinter appearing to the turtles. "I love you all, my sons......." Yowza  Bluesad

Cool Runnings ~ yeah, mon, strange, I know, but that ending always makes me blub. That film shows what the Olympics is really about.

The Wild Geese ~ I remember crying (OK, I was only eleven) when one of the mercenaries is falling behind while the escape plane is taking off and his friend has to kill him.  Bluesad

Darfur ~ Uwe Boll's film's ending is emotionally devastating where a journalist is seen in a village of the dead and in the midst of seeing death, destruction and hearing nothing but this awful silence, she hears a tiny sound of life......*

SPOILER BELOW

----------------------------

* a baby crying, because he/she is hungry.  Bluesad Bluesad Bluesad Bluesad I cried so much and was so distressed by this that when I went back to my hotel, I went the wrong way down a one way street.  Buggedout Buggedout
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 02:19:35 AM by Trevor » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 02:41:58 AM »

Pay it Forward- At the end...

Braveheart- When Gibson yells, "Freeeeeedom!"

Godzilla vs. Destoroyah- At the end, when Big G melts...  Bluesad

The Last Samurai- "Perfect..."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 04:31:45 PM »

WARNING: SPOILERS TO FOLLOW!

Old Yeller goes without saying. That made me bawl as a kid worse than anything else I can think of...been reluctant to revisit it ever since.

Gojira - when the Oxygen Destroyer is set off at the end. For the deaths of both the monster and the hero. Plus earlier the scene with the children singing in the aftermath of destruction I find very moving.

King Kong: when Kong falls at the end after the battle atop the Empire State Building.. "Twas  Beauty Killed the Beast".

20 Million Miles To Earth: The Ymir's fate.

1984: relentessly bleak.

Requiem For A Dream: the eventual fates of practically all the addicted characters.

The Hunchback of Notre Dame: in practically all the versions, feel so much for the Hunchback and the gyspy girl Esmeralda he tries to help.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 09:24:02 PM »

SPOILERS

Finding Nemo - The end scene where Nemo swims back and hugs his father and says "I love you".  KILLS me every single time I watch it.

Field Of Dreams - The end where the lead character plays catch with his dad.

I also have a huge soft spot for Mr. Rogers.  He was a great man period and I miss him.  I wish he was on more so my kids could enjoy his show.  Watching this speech makes me tear up easily;
Small | Large

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 09:27:06 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2010, 12:43:03 PM »

* SPIOLERS *

THE CHAMP - When Ricky Schroeder is crying and trying to wake up his father who just died in the ring.

TERMS OF ENDEARMENT - When Debra Winger dies and Shirley MacLaine breaks into tears.

ORDINARY PEOPLE - When Donald Sutherland and Timothy Hutton embrace at the end of the movie.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 02:27:17 PM by The Burgomaster » Logged

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2010, 01:07:36 PM »

I cried like a baby pretty much all the way through NIM'S ISLAND.  Not sure what was going on that day, but for some reason, the Father-Daughter bond stuff, as well as Jodie Foster's character fighting through her agoraphobia, got to me...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
3mnkids

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2010, 07:58:11 PM »

Steel Magnolias~ Sally Field is freaking losing it at the cemetery..

The bridges of Madison County~ When Streep is in the truck and he is in his truck behind her and she is grabbing the handle like she is going to get out... I yelled at the TV... GET OUT OF THE TRUCK. while sobbing, of course.

Hachiko: A Dog's Story~ The ending.. omg, the ending.   Bluesad

Children of Men~ When they are leaving the apartment buliding with the  baby and everyone stops and stares and then all of sudden they just go right back to fighting... It was like a punch to the stomach 

I could list a bunch more as im a big crybaby.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2010, 06:29:40 PM »

It's a Wonderful Life. Gets me every time. I usually start welling up around the time George is in the cemetery and fully grasping the consequences of his non-existence. If not by then, usually George begging for his life will get it going. And it keeps right on going through the huge outpouring of joy that follows, right up to Clarence's parting message that "No man is a failure who has friends."

Cripes, I'm getting misty-eyed just thinking about it.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Tearjerker Moments « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.