Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:27:07 AM
714201 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Got some teeth taken out... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Got some teeth taken out...  (Read 3305 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 01, 2010, 05:36:15 PM »

So, weeks ago I had some pain in one of my teeth, turns out it was infected, anyway, got two of my wisdom teeth "extracted" yesterday (why do they say "extracted" now?  What happened to "pulled"?) 

Anyway, I guess everything went well, doc said the surgery was pretty good.  The lower part of my jaw is bothering me a bit, but, strangely enough, I don't feel any pain in the upper area.  Be a bit before I can eat anything that requires a lot of chewing, so I stocked up on yogurt, pudding, jello, and some ice cream!  :)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 05:56:59 PM »

Same thing happened to me years ago !!!

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
3mnkids

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 06:13:17 PM »

, anyway, got two of my wisdom teeth "extracted" yesterday (why do they say "extracted" now? 

So they can charge more?  Smile   Anyway, sorry about your tooth, there is nothing worse than a toothache.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Starsky
Bad Movie Lover

you play a good game, boy!

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 07:55:24 PM »

Get well soon.  Smile hop you have enough Reb Brown and other cheesy flicks in stock to keep yourself happy  Wink
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 12:04:59 AM »

Now you need to rent "The Dentist" and "Marathon Man"!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Raffine

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 07:53:15 AM »

Ugh. You have my sympathies.

A couple of years ago I had all four of my wisdom teeth out. Luckily I had the Blood Island Vacation DVD set to help me through the recovery.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 11:26:12 AM »

It's common practice to have wisdom teeth removed when you are a teenager.  I had my bottom ones out when I was about 16 because they would break through the gums  and stayed constantly irritated.

I had the top ones removed when I was about 30.  They pushed my other teeth together.  They had some really gnarly roots on them and I was surprised that they came out so easily.

My wife made both our kids have all four removed before they went to college.    My daughter got something called a dry socket which was really painful.

My wife is a dental assistant and she diagnoses everyone's teeth that she meets. 

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 04:26:29 PM »

I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed when I was around 12 years old.  They needed to take them out before they put my braces on.  They took out the 2 on the left side first, then a couple weeks later took out the two on the right side.  They gave me some great painkillers.  I actually saved a couple of the pills and took them weeks later when I had no pain.  Then I REALLY had no pain.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 05:42:59 PM »

I had such fun with my wisdom teeth.  I got some incompetent dentist and he basically broke them up into chunks and tore them out bit by bit.  I got the painkillers though  TeddyR  They were especially effective when mixed with alcohol and marijuana.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 05:44:55 PM »

My sympathies.  I had all my wisdom teeth out when I was about 18.  I remember it was Summer, and I don't remember pain killers being so great back then (late 60's). At least you have dvds.  VHS tapes and DVD's didn't exist back then!  Eight track players did. Buggedout

Geez, I'm old.  Bluesad

Anyway, feel better.

Hold onto your dreams ....
BTM

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 03:39:33 AM »

Hmm... bit concerned.  Having a bit of pain still (It's not bad, more annoying than painful, really).  But my mouth just feels... I dunno.. grimy.  And my breath doesn't smell too good (as much as I can smell it, that is).  I remember a friend of mine when she got her wisdom teeth extracted, a few days later he boyfriend was like, "Whoa, you're breathe smells really bad!" And it turns out she had an infection (guess it was dry socket.)  

Course, I don't know, maybe this is just normal after pain, I'm feeling.  I mean, my oral surgeon said the extraction went really well (didn't even need stitches).

Hopefully, I'm just worried over nothing.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 01:46:55 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 07:34:17 AM »

Hmm... bit concerned.  Having a bit of pain still (It's not bad, more annoying than painful, really).  But my mouth just feels... I dunno.. grimy.  And my breath doesn't smell too good (as much as I can smell it, that is.  I remember a friend of mine when she got her wisdom teeth extracted, a few days later he boyfriend was like, "Whoa, you're breathe smells really bad!" And it turns out she had an infection (guess it was dry socket.) 

Course, I don't know, maybe this is just normal after pain, I'm feeling.  I mean, my oral surgeon said the extraction went really well (didn't even need stitches).

Hopefully, I'm just worried over nothing.

It's probably nothing, but you can always give your surgeon a call and tell him what's going on.  Do you have a follow-up visit scheduled?

Hold onto your dreams ....
Paquita

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2010, 04:54:46 PM »

I hope you feel better soon!

I still have 2 wisdom teeth left, mine just grew in like normal teeth and one actually took the place of a back molar I had removed when I was 16 (I blame the dentist for needing that one removed).  I still need one removed because the gum is covering part of it and that's not good.

And my breath doesn't smell too good

Everytime someone gets a tooth pulled I always think of that Ren & Stimpy episode where Ren complains about "stinky gum holes".  So, it's probably just your stinky gum holes  TeddyR.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Got some teeth taken out... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.