Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:38:06 AM
713408 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Satanic (?) cult movie from 90s...help! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Satanic (?) cult movie from 90s...help!  (Read 6874 times)
Beetlejuice
« on: January 13, 2010, 09:06:23 AM »

Here's what I remember of it:

- At the beginning of the movie (during the opening credits, I believe), a young woman is raped by some seedy individuals in a forest.
- The movie then fast forwards to a point in which a man (I think he's a private investigator?) is driving to a town and picks up a blonde hitchhiker along the way.
- To make a long story short, the man turns out to be the offspring of the woman who was raped, and was lured back to the town by a cult who believe that he is the second coming (or son) of some sort of evil (satanic?) deity.  Apparently, the circumstances under which the young woman was raped at the beginning of the movie play into this.  During the course of the P.I.'s investigation, he finds some sort of amulet necklace...but can't determine what its connection is.  The hitchhiker takes the necklace to a woman who has expressed knowledge in that area; turns out that the woman is the leader of the cult, and she drugs the hitchhiker (using candy that she had freshly baked) to get the necklace from her.  There's also a young woman who is being held against her will (drugged?) and hidden away in a shed; she's being groomed to be a sacrifice in order to complete the man's transformation.  Of course, all of this is thwarted by the end of the movie.  There was some soft core action between the women, but it wasn't a driving force of the movie.

Does this ring a bell to anyone?  I last saw this on TV; I'm sure it was on Showtime or Cinemax.
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 09:50:20 AM »

Sounds like it could be one of the "Witchcraft" movies.  The protagonist of many of those was a man who was part demon (or warlock).  He was an attorney or a PI, depending on which movie (the series was, shall we say, inconsistent).

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Beetlejuice
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 11:41:19 AM »

Akira: Good thought, but I'm (unfortunately) aware of the Witchcraft series with Will Spanner, and the movie I'm trying to recall isn't part of the series.
RICARDO
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 01:33:54 PM »

this movie have scenes where a some kind of satanic cult people follow them to a house and watch her on the outside by the windows and scenes of this cult doing rituals on the beach??
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Satanic (?) cult movie from 90s...help! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.