Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:18:58 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Movies where the ending makes no sense « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movies where the ending makes no sense  (Read 6173 times)
lin23
« on: May 01, 2010, 05:54:23 PM »

Are there any movies/sitcoms/TV series where the ending or final episode has nothing to do with the movie at all. What I mean is something like this - a movie/sitcom ends with random character(s) doing random stuff and these characters have nothing to do with the main plot and main characters nor do they meet them? Also, are there any movies where there are two or more subplots and the characters in each never meet each other? E.g.  movie, following the lives of two couples, but the couple never meet the other one? All these sound interesting to me in that they are not typical and they are underused in movies. Are there any movies/TV series like these?
Starsky
Bad Movie Lover

you play a good game, boy!

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 07:53:35 PM »

Deadly Prey, the lead just raises both arms and screams from the top of his lungs  = credits. So weird.

indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 09:33:20 PM »

THE DESCENT PART II.  It not only made no sense, it ticked me off and ruined an otherwise excellent movie!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
lin23
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 02:18:36 AM »

Why ruined? At least it was something different thasn the typical last girl ending. Last girls are so overused in these movies that I don't watch any of the genre anymore. A female rarely would make it in real life. Besides, I think it's sexist that the girl is left usually all by herself in the end and judjing by the look of the faces of most final girls their mind gets damaged after all they've been trough. I also think that a final boy is needed, because the final girl thing works mainly for females. I don't think guys feel really cool hen every makle is killed. What I mean is, at the end of a movie where there's a final female, males don't have their hero, while woman can 'identify' ith the heroine and feel good at the end. Besides, most final girls are not the most attractive females in the movie. The most beautiful ones are killed first. And mostly brunettes are the final girls, only in rare cases there are blond women or readheads as final girls. Oh, and the black characters never make it to the end. And I've yet to see a horror witrh a final boy/man. The only exception to these rules was a thriller or something about killer sharks where the last survivors are both male, and guess what - one of them is African-American. However, most movies are really biased, not only towards sexes but towards race and even hair color. Not to mention the fact that some murders involving female victims are not even seen, while when a male is killed it's very graphic. I personally don't like watching bulls**t like crotch teasing, etc. And chest cutting looks better if done on a female victim, there's nothing to cut on a male chest, really. Most thrillers and horror movies have such predictable endings that I don't bother watching them for a second time.
Jordan
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

Thunderball Fists?! I can have such a thing?!

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2010, 12:12:06 PM »

The end of Troll 2 doesn't make a lick of sense, since the "Goblins" were supposedly destroyed at the ahm.... "thrilling" climax.

The ending of "Deadly Friend" is also a head-scratcher.

-----
The Vault Master
Caretaker of The B-Movie Film Vault
-----
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 01:47:15 PM »

Deadly Prey, the lead just raises both arms and screams from the top of his lungs  = credits. So weird.

I'm surprised, considering your avatar, that you didn't mention the Phantasm series. I love the franchise, but talk about nonsense endings, and for that matter, wacky justifications for them in the following film.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 01:48:08 AM »

The ending of "Gates Of Hell", aka "City Of The Living Dead".  It seems to be a happy ending, the zombies are gone, a little boy runs happily towards two adults (the protagonists).  They start screaming, end of film.  Huh?

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Starsky
Bad Movie Lover

you play a good game, boy!

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 02:53:27 AM »

I'm surprised, considering your avatar, that you didn't mention the Phantasm series. I love the franchise, but talk about nonsense endings, and for that matter, wacky justifications for them in the following film.

The only thing that kinda appears weird is the ending of part 4 but only until they finally make that fifth one. I really hope they get that done before Angus Scrimm dies (he's 84). If you take a close look you could assume the ending of Matrix part 3 was stolen from the fourth part of the phantasm series since it somewhat reboots everything.
Cthulhu

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 02:52:48 PM »

The ending of Heavy Metal makes no sense, but it's allright.
It doesn't have to.
Because it's awesome.
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 02:16:15 AM »

The ending of Heavy Metal makes no sense, but it's allright.
It doesn't have to.
Because it's awesome.

It made sense in a way. The lok nar (Evil) can't be truly destroyed once and for all because people keep right on making evil thru their own free will.

Eventually the evil become so powerful it must be stopped, at which point the last of the tarakians, Taarna, returns to fight it and keep it down for another generation. Taarna dies, but her spirit passes on to a new defender who takes up her cause.
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 02:21:57 AM »

PS Damn no editing function!  In the beginning of the movie, the loknar said it had chosen the girl because she represented a future that could destroy it. I think it knew she was going to be the new taarna and wabnted to kill her before she became the new taarna, but failed because like most bad guys it had a bad case of the "Before I kill you, Mr. Bond." syndrome.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 06:29:56 PM »

The ending of "Deadly Friend" is also a head-scratcher.

I think that was a dream seqence.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Movies where the ending makes no sense « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.