Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:21:34 AM
714322 Posts in 53093 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Batsuit « previous next »
Poll
Question: What do you think of it ?
Love it ! - 2 (15.4%)
It's alright... - 7 (53.8%)
Awful ! - 4 (30.8%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Batsuit  (Read 6494 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« on: May 02, 2010, 10:34:53 AM »

I just need to get this off my chest.
I love Batman, I always have done. But the Batsuit in TDK really bothers me. It doesn't look super hero enough. It looks like it's just body armour put together-which is exactly what it is, of course. But it shouldn't look like it. Its supposed to look cool, menacing and tough.

The closest thing Batman has to a power is his image so shouldn't he have put a bit more effort into the designing ?

Lookingup I think that looks great. It's simple, not over the top. But still stylish-and it is Batman !!

Lookingup If you stuck neon strips between the armour plates, he'd look like a Tron Batman ! He looks like a guy pretending to be Batman.

Maybe I'm just getting old and Batman has moved on from what I remember...

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 10:42:06 AM »

I grew up with Burton's Batman, so I'm biased towards that particular design as well as it all being a product of the late 80s (the leather of course). I can see where you're coming from Dogg dude, but I don't think TDK Batman suit is that bad, especially when you compare it with the designs of other superhero outfits that have been crafted for modern movies - They seem to take all the color out these days and have minimal design or it's all military-esque battle armour.

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 11:32:09 AM »

The problem with many hero outfits is they would be hard to bring into real life and still look cool.  Some simpler ones work like Batman. But when it comes to one such as The X-Men it would be nearly impossible to take the outfit seriously in real life. 

Take Wolverine for example:

If you tried to make an outfit like that using real and non-animation materials it would look like something out of Flash Gordon*. Gaudy and visually overwhelming!

*Don't get me wrong, I love this movie!

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 11:38:09 AM »

But superheros aren't real....

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 11:57:25 AM »

If you don't like Batman's modern duds,  then check this out for something different.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/04/11/exclusive-green-lanterns-suit-will-be-almost-entirely-cg/

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Doggett

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 12:00:27 PM »

I love the X Men comic outfits.
It kinda bothers me that they don't even try to re-create them on film. I wouldn't expect something exactly like the comics, but they could go for some middle ground..

Doggett

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 12:01:31 PM »

If you don't like Batman's modern duds,  then check this out for something different.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/04/11/exclusive-green-lanterns-suit-will-be-almost-entirely-cg/

His suit has alien powers so I can't really blame them.*

*But Circus can.   TeddyR

Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 12:12:25 PM »

I understand your feeling, but at the same time I still feel that if the movie itself is trying to be serious and/or realistic than crazy costumes will distract from that. If the movie is intentionally going to be over the top or wild fun than the gaudy outfits are no problem. 

On a side note: (I realize this question is slightly goofy, but it's fun to think about) If you knew you were going to be attacked what would you want your potential rescuer (this is in real life - no superpowers) to look like: Batman or Superman? At least with Batman the suit looks slightly freaky/creepy. Unless you're tough looking enough to distract from the outfit, a superman outfit just looks like you're wearing pajamas with a cape. 

I love the X Men comic outfits.
It kinda bothers me that they don't even try to re-create them on film. I wouldn't expect something exactly like the comics, but they could go for some middle ground..

The X-Men outfits are really cool!  I like the idea of some sort of compromise between serious and comic book style.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 08:18:14 PM »

It looks good only on Adam West.

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 09:26:16 PM »

Adam West: "Oh, I guess you're only familiar with the new Batman movies. Michelle Pfeiffer...ha...the only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar... or Lee Merriwether... or Eartha Kitt. And I didn't need a molded plastic suit to improve my physique *Taps chest* Pure West."--THE SIMPSONS

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 04:13:51 PM »

The one Adam West wore was pretty true to the old comics, so I like that one best.  In the comics I grew up with (DAREDEVIL, SPIDER-MAN, BLACK PANTHER, BLACK WIDOW, FANTASTIC FOUR) most superheroes' costumes were light and built for agility (hell, even IRON MAN's armor was pretty sleek after he got rid of the original, clunky gray and gold versions he wore in Tales of Suspense #39 and the issues that immediately followed).  I prefer those streamlined looks over the heavy body-armor styles.  I'd also like to become a hair dresser or a ballet master . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2010, 04:47:47 PM »

Yes they are, Circus. Yes they are.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 03:05:35 PM »

I'm not a fan of the new Batman suits either.  They look more like something that was swiped from Tom Clancey with a batman mask stuck on top.  Not exactly what you'd think of when you think Superhero.  Of course, I didn't care much for the newer Batman movies anyway.  I thought they tried to be too realistic and sapped all the fun out of the material. 
Jim H

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 05:53:14 PM »

My major complaint about TDK suit is the colors.  Too much greyish stuff.  I think the design of the Burton suit is better, though the actual build isn't - it looks a little TOO rubbery, especially the cowl.

But, overall, I think both are fine.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 06:19:24 PM »

I don't see what the point of him even having the bat symbol on the new suits is if the lighting has to be just perfect in order to even see the dang thing. 
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  The Batsuit « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.