Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:27:17 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Are you left handed, right handed, or ambidextrous? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Are you left handed, right handed, or ambidextrous?  (Read 6415 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 04, 2010, 03:33:36 PM »

Trevor's comment in his World Cup discussion made me think of this topic . . .

I'm right handed.  However:

* My left arm is stronger than my right arm

* I hold a pool cue left handed

* I can swing a baseball bat either left handed or right handed (I hit better for contact right handed, but I have more power left handed)

* I can fire a rifle either left handed or right handed

(What's the over / under on the number of people who will post before someone mentions which hand they use for self-gratification?)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Raffine

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 05:21:36 PM »

(Raises left hand) South paw here.

I've noticed I tend to be surrounded by an abnormally high percentage of fellow left-handers; at work, friends, etc.

I was at a rehearsal the other night when someone noticed there were five of us sitting in a row, right next to each other.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 05:23:31 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 05:22:46 PM »

I'm right handed, but my wife's family and my family have the same odd trait.    In each of our families, the next to the last kid is left handed.  Our son was born before our daughter and he is left handed.  One of my wifes sisters has two daughters, the older one is left handed.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 05:23:47 PM »

Predominately left-handed.  Surprisingly though, I use my right hand to move the mouse connected to the computer and do all number computations with the numbers pad on the right side of the keyboard.  

Hold onto your dreams ....
SPazzo

My kinda toy...

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 06:32:40 PM »

I'm right handed, but, for some reason, I'm pretty good at playing a left handed guitar.
3mnkids

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 06:45:59 PM »

Right handed. The only thing I use my left for is to hold my cigarette  Lookingup

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 06:52:08 PM »

Right handed for everything. Can't say I'm aware of any lefthandedness in my family either, although some of them golf left handed.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 08:00:15 PM »

I use my right hand for writing and most functions.  However, I throw with my left hand.  I still can't figure out with hand/arm is stronger.  I carry my kids on the left side. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 09:42:48 PM »

Right-handed.  My right is considerably stronger than my left so I keep trying to lift heavy things with my left hand to even things out.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 10:58:24 PM »

I'm nearly ambidextrous, though I'm slightly right-hand dominant. There are some things, however, like cleaning my glasses or cutting meat, that I can only do left-handed. I bat and play golf right-handed, but I putt better left-handed. When eating finger food, I tend to eat the entire meal with only one hand, and I switch doing that from right to left depending on what hand I start with. I can write forward with my right hand and backward with my left at the same time, though anyone with reasonable control over their non-dominant hand can do this; you're writing mirror images, so the controls for both hands are the same.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 01:36:26 AM »

Trevor's comment in his World Cup discussion made me think of this topic . . .

I'm glad to have started another thread on comments I made in another thread. Normally, the only thread that starts are the ones currently unraveling my underpants.  Buggedout

(What's the over / under on the number of people who will post before someone mentions which hand they use for self-gratification?)

Buggedout Buggedout +  TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
joejoeherron
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 04:31:31 AM »

born a southpaw, but can do most anything with either hand. comes in handy sometimes.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 06:20:41 AM »

I'm right handed.  The only thing I use my left for is operating the TV remote control.  My wife's left handed, but all the kids are righties.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 07:24:25 AM »

Whenever I see lefties writing I think to myself, "that looks uncomfortable".  Not sure if I'm the only one that feels that way. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 07:26:37 AM »

Right handed.  Mildly ambidextrous: my line of work requires it.  And I'll use whatever hand is available when I am working on something.  Left hand/arm is stronger, control of the right is naturally finer-tuned.  Have to say that goes for the feet/legs too.  

Hubby is a southpaw.  So is one of our three kids. The world is set up for righties: supposedly that is why lefties have a higher injury rate and shorter life expectancy.   Buggedout
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:02:44 AM by Newt » Logged

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Are you left handed, right handed, or ambidextrous? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.