Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:03:12 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Sword and Sorcery. Never became popular, but was pretty good. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sword and Sorcery. Never became popular, but was pretty good.  (Read 2447 times)
DinoGeekProductions
New Visitor

« on: May 04, 2010, 09:36:25 PM »

I seem to remember there being this movie about a young man who wanted to be a sorcerer (it was not Dragonslayer, I checked).  While showing off, the young man casts a spell he shouldn't have and raises the dead.  In the movie, you shouldn't raise the dead unless you can control it.  The young man isn't powerful enough to keep it under control, and has to set out to find the only creature with enough wisdom to stop it, an ancient dragon.  On his quest, the resurrected baddy posseses or kills anyone who came into contact with the young man to send after him.  The dragon, himself, wants to burn the young sorcerer to cinders unless he can solve his riddles.

Please help me, if this movie even exists.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:02:04 AM »

Can you give an idea of era? 80's, 90's, etc.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 07:59:43 AM »

Sounds like "Earthsea" to me.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0407384/

Based on the Ursula K. LeGuin novels.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
DinoGeekProductions
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 01:17:08 AM »

No,not Earthsea.  The CGI wasn't that good.  It had sort of a copy-and-paste feel to it so it was probably in the nineties, between Jurassic Park and Sam Neill's version of Merlin.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Sword and Sorcery. Never became popular, but was pretty good. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.