Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:27:09 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Will Shrek the Final Chapter really be the final Shrek film? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Will Shrek the Final Chapter really be the final Shrek film?  (Read 7515 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 05, 2010, 10:11:42 AM »

I have some doubts as to whether Dreamworks really wants to put an end to its most successful film franchise.  I mean, remember Friday the 13th part 5 otherwise called the Final Chapter?  Well, that one certainly wasn't the final Friday the 13th film as it was followed by 7 more sequels.  Even Jason Goes to Hell the Final Friday certainly wasn't the last one either as it was followed by Jason X.  Movie makers are a fickle lot.  They sometimes say things that turn out to be false later.  But I want to ask for your opinion, badmoviesphiles.  Do you think Shrek the Final Chapter really will be the last Shrek film?

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Starsky
Bad Movie Lover

you play a good game, boy!

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:17:58 AM »

It's a studio movie so if it makes money it will have a sequel, some day! And those are the key words, normally Hollywood puts the idea in a box and locks it away for a few years until they are either in financial trouble, the DVD sales go through the roof or some producer has "an idea".

Next question.  Wink
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:21:24 AM »

It's a studio movie so if it makes money it will have a sequel, some day! And those are the key words, normally Hollywood puts the idea in a box and locks it away for a few years until they are either in financial trouble, the DVD sales go through the roof or some producer has "an idea".

Next question.  Wink

By studio film, do you mean that symbolically?  None of the Shrek films were filmed in studios.  They are all CGI film so they were made with a hundred or so computers all of which have 2 or 3 gig video processors.  The only studio I think are the audio studios where the actors recorded their script lines for the movie.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 02:04:40 PM »

I'm glad someone asked this question!  I noticed the title of the movie seems to be going back and forth from "Shrek the Final Chapter" and "Shrek Forever After"??  It's like they released it as "The Final Chapter" and someone said "OH SNAP! That messes up the sequels!" and then they changed it to "Forever After" and didn't stop the old ads from running. 

Oh. And I don't think it will be the last Shrek movie.
metalmonster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 03:51:42 PM »

As Long As Something Still Keeps Making Money , They Will Keep Making Sequels

......By The Way I Heard That They've Also Begun Working On Another SPY KIDS Movie
3mnkids

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 03:53:33 PM »

I only liked the first one but I hope this isn't the end of them.  I have my reasons   TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 08:08:32 PM »

Next question.  Wink

By studio film, do you mean that symbolically?  None of the Shrek films were filmed in studios.  They are all CGI film so they were made with a hundred or so computers all of which have 2 or 3 gig video processors.  The only studio I think are the audio studios where the actors recorded their script lines for the movie.

stu·di·o   (stōō'dē-ō, styōō'-) 
n. pl. stu·di·os

1. An artist's workroom.
   2. A photographer's establishment.
   3. An establishment where an art is taught or studied: a dance studio.

1.A room, building, or group of buildings where movies, television shows, or radio programs are produced.
         2. A room or building where tapes and records are produced.
   5. A company that produces films.
   6. A studio apartment.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 10:50:07 PM »

I wish Dreamworks would still use the Monsters vs Aliens franchise.  I don't remeber much talk about it on these boards when it came out.  I saaw it on tv a few months ago and thought it was one of the best truibutes to classic movie monsters I've ever seen.  Even better than the Screaming skeleton of Cadava movie. (becasue camp on purpose seems to be really hard to pull off successfully)

I haven't really cared for the Shrek films since the first one.  Not to say that their bad movies, I just didn't find them that engaging.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
joejoeherron
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 04:23:26 AM »

my guess is that if the new shrek makes money, there will be another sequel in the works. If the new shrek doesn't make money, it will either be forgotten, or a sequel will be made for the straight to dvd market.

remember, this is only a guess.
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 04:14:27 PM »

I hope it is.

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 07:43:43 PM »

Next question.  Wink

n. pl. stu·di·os

1. An artist's workroom.

1.A room, building, or group of buildings where movies, television shows, or radio programs are produced.
   6. A studio apartment.

WyreWizard can't be real. no one is that dumb, surely. yet he keeps coming back for more. lolz

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 09:28:52 PM »

Next question.  Wink

n. pl. stu·di·os

1. An artist's workroom.

6. A studio apartment.

WyreWizard can't be real. no one is that dumb, surely. yet he keeps coming back for more. lolz

I do wonder sometimes if he's being completely straight with us...

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
rebel_1812
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 06:57:00 PM »

A better question is why wasn't the first Shrek film the last one.  All of the sequels suck.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 07:39:06 PM »

A better question is why wasn't the first Shrek film the last one.  All of the sequels suck.

Why? He asked why. Because whether the sequels sucked or not has little to do with whether they'll be another sequel. It all has to do with money.  For as long as the next sequel makes enough money to justify itself, they'll continue to make sequels.
SlyMuffin
Dedicated Viewer

Snarky Kaiju Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2010, 08:10:38 PM »

I pretty sure they'll go the spin off route first. I'm thinking a movie where Donkey and Puss in Boots share a New York Apartment.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Will Shrek the Final Chapter really be the final Shrek film? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.