Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:53:51 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dont mind me, just venting « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dont mind me, just venting  (Read 8075 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 06, 2010, 03:38:27 PM »

I posted a few days ago about not being able to find my cigarettes.. well, I never did find them and something was kinda funny about it. When I first got up I couldn't find my lighter so I called my husband to chew him out for not leaving me one and then miraculously a pack appeared on top of the fridge with a few cigs and a lighter..not the full pack but a pack I keep in my purse.  okay, I thought I was losing my mind.. Flash forward to this afternoon.

Im taking laundry out of the washer and what do i find? A thing of matches.. uh huh.. I don't use matches, my husband doesn't use matches so that leaves one of the children. The only pants in there were my oldest sons. I knew it! I knew when the cigs went missing that I wasn't crazy and my first thought was him. My youngest wouldn't take them and my daughter hates cig smoke and b***hes constantly about me smoking. He will be home in about 10 minutes and oh boy, its not going to be pretty around here.

oh, I also got a letter from the school that my daughter is in danger of failing because of.. wait for it.... PE and math. She has an F in PE! FFS! I knew about the F in math.. unfortunately none of my kids were born with the math gene. yep, going to be talking to that child as well. kids! im going to strangle them. ahhhh, I feel better getting it out. I don't really want to be so p**sed off when they walk through the door.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 03:43:34 PM »

...just don't kill him, 3mnkids....

Bluesad

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 05:54:13 PM »

Kind of reminds me of the time my wife and I were drinking some wine, and it tasted absolutely horrible.  Turns out the kids drank some and then filled the bottle back up to its previous level with water. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 06:02:25 PM »

Ahh. Kids will be kids and parents have to discipline them. Fun times. My advice: be plenty firm, but try and get your frustrations about the situation completely out of the way before going in on them.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
jimmybob
Bad Movie Lover

Move over, let Jimi take over.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 07:26:02 PM »

May I ask how old your kids are now?

-Jimmybob

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 07:34:53 PM »

I smoked my first cigarette when I was 16. (it was a Marlboro Red)
Immediately after, I went to the nearest gas station and the guy actually sold me a pack of Camel Light 100's.  (this same guy ended up selling me cigarettes for the next 2 years,,,he never carded me)

I managed to hide my tobacco use from my parents for just about a week before they found out about it.

That night, I was getting ready to go to summer camp and had packed a suitcase and a backpack.
Inside the backpack were various assorted things...  Sony Walkman, cassette tapes, (it was 1990) spare batteries, candy, etc...
Underneath all that I had hidden three packs of Camels.   Wink

It was two days before I was scheduled to leave and my mother decided to have a look through my backpack when I wasn't looking to see what I was taking.

She found the smokes.   Bluesad

Believe me, I got a thorough chewing out and the lessons of what smoking does to a person.
She destroyed all three packs and threw them in the trash.
That didn't stop me, though.  I went to the store again and bought three more packs the next day.

I snuck them into summer camp and got away with smoking about a pack and a half before me and several other people were busted by one of the camp counselors.
They took the smokes and destroyed them.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 07:43:36 PM by Ash » Logged
3mnkids

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 07:48:39 PM »

Doggett~ I didn't kill him   TeddyR   He swears up and down he isn't smoking, he had the matches to burn leaves.. yeah, like I believe that. However, I cant really prove it with just the matches.. I'm going to be watching him like a hawk and counting my cigarettes.. 

Jack~ I'm so glad we don't drink, I would be checking the bottles daily   Smile

Flick~ I was calm. That is why I vented here first so I wouldn't just blow up at them. They tune me out when I rant so I had to be calm. I was plenty firm though   TeddyR

Jimmybob~ The one in question is 13 and is the problem child   Lookingup

Ash~ I stated smoking at 14 and really wish I hadn't.. It sucks being tied to the damn things and I refuse to let my kids start this habit.. I'm planning on quiting but right now I'm trying to break the habit of biting my nails. I'm doing good, its been almost two weeks. Once I can see the nail past my finger I'm going to stop smoking. One thing at a time.  TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Paquita

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 11:32:30 PM »

I f'n hated PE.. that damn grade stood between me and straight As for so many years.  I don't know your daughter's reasons for failing PE, but man I hated it!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Dont mind me, just venting « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.