Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:55:52 AM
712923 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Andrew appreciation thread « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The Andrew appreciation thread  (Read 12915 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: May 07, 2010, 02:55:47 AM »

As I did for our mom figure Newt, I do the same for Andrew, our father figure here.

I hope I don't embarrass you, Andrew but the main point is that we, the members of this site owe you a debt that we cannot repay. The site that you've created is a home for all us bad movie lunatics and speaking for myself as someone who has problems and serious issues, this place is a haven of peace most times. In fact, every time.  Smile

A haven of peace and tranquility like Shangri La that is, until I whip my undies out and everyone faints.  Buggedout Buggedout Wink

I have had my work published thanks to you and I have also gained a family from all over the world. I have a place where I can calmly sit and let the world rush by, while I chat with all my gas mask wearing friends. NB: Gas masks are essential when communicating with me.  Buggedout Buggedout Wink

Thank you and bless you, sir for creating this wonderful site and for giving me this wonderful family. *HUG*  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 03:11:36 AM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Andrew is a true force for good in this world. Every time I think my schedule is too busy, I look at what Andrew has managed to do so far during his time on Earth. Not only is he an active marine, not only has he managed such programs as "Toys-for-Tots," not only has he started and maintained one of the greatest sites on the internet, but he has managed to do all this while still finding time to raise a family and, on top of all that, remain a level-headed and friendly human being.

Sure he got twisted somewhere along the way and ended up doomed to watch some of the worst movies ever made, but everybody's got their foibles.

If true leadership is by example, Andrew is one of the original molds.

Also, his reviews make me laugh like a motherf**ker. Try as you might, that's something that can't be faked.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 03:43:45 AM »

remain a level-headed and friendly human being.
I have personal experience of that. He comes across as a genuinely friendly and warm person. Having said that, I wouldn't want to anger or remotely irritate him in any way at all because that would then buy me the whole can of whoop ass.  Buggedout Wink

Sure he got twisted somewhere along the way and ended up doomed to watch some of the worst movies ever made, but everybody's got their foibles.
Now that really made me laugh.  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

Also, his reviews make me laugh like a motherf**ker. Try as you might, that's something that can't be faked.

Very, very true. BounceGiggle BounceGiggle Thumbup
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 03:48:02 AM by Trevor » Logged

Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 05:02:55 AM »

...our mom figure Newt...

I'd be very proud to have Newt as my mum. Smile

Anyway...

We all owe Andrew our friendship as this site has brought us all together !  Cheers I've met so many good, kind people thanks to that guy and for that I'm always grateful.
He's also a pretty good writer too (he should get the reviews on this site published) !
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 07:37:30 AM by Doggett » Logged

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 05:08:35 AM »

He's also a pretty good writer too (he should get the reviews on this stie published) !

I made a thread concerning that about a year or so ago: I called it "The Badmovies.org Book: "We See Weird Sh*t"  Buggedout and suggested that in addition to Andrew's reviews, we each submit a review or two.  Smile

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 06:22:44 AM »

My sincerest thanks to Andrew  Thumbup  Great site, great reviews, and your forum is full of the nicest and most mature people on the net  TeddyR  I have tremendous respect for you personally.  Anyone who would go to Iraq - where people might shoot at you - all I can say is wow.  I get stressed out when the Visa card bill arrives each month  BounceGiggle

Many thanks Andrew!

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2010, 06:32:52 AM »

Long overdue!!

All our best to Andrew, the best Marine Corps Bad Movie Webmaster in history!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 06:44:24 AM »

Thank you all.  The forum has always been blessed with people who are friendly and knowledgeable, and who far outnumber those who aren't.  That makes keeping the peace much, much, much easier.  I don't actively post as much because I hate only writing short replies all the time, but I read a lot of the threads - so I get to know everyone.  I am thankful to know such a great group of people.

I wish my schedule wasn't so busy these days, because I end up spending most of the time I have for the site just doing the basics, like maintaining the server, writing, and answering emails (and I'm constantly falling behind on the third).  At least there are only a few more years to hold on until I retire, and by then the children will be older as well.  It will not be the same amount of free time as when I was a young corporal, and it was just Katie and I, but there should be a lot more free time to chat.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 07:11:09 AM »

Andrew has helped me get my Bad Movies spirit up!

yeah no.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 07:22:30 AM »

It takes a truly exceptional person to make a site as truly exceptional as this one is!  Your reviews are phenomenal and the community you have achieved is outstanding.  Thank you, Andrew.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 11:30:13 AM »

I am grateful to Andrew for his patience with me each time I've fallen on my face, and for this wonderful forum, populated by the coolest people on the planet. 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 11:36:13 AM »

This place rules, thanks Andrew!

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 01:11:58 PM »

I agree, Andrew is a man I like and trust.  A fine fellow and excellent guide in the bad film world.  I wouldn't know a 10th as much as I do without his site. 

-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 01:50:33 PM »

Someday I hope to go to b-fest and see you riff on movies!

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Javakoala
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 02:20:58 PM »

Andrew brought us this web site and that is awesome.

But the miracle that he made happen was creating an internet forum that is not over-run with spammers, a-holes, know-it-alls, flamers, back-biters and whine-bags. Okay, I whine a little, but for this forum, my good people, Andrew should be given a national award!!

Cheers
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The Andrew appreciation thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.