Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:16:42 AM
713407 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Odd Sleep/Awakening Habits/Experiences « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Odd Sleep/Awakening Habits/Experiences  (Read 5175 times)
3mnkids
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 11:34:05 PM »

I have two sleeping positions. one~ Like a dead person in a coffin, on my back with my hands folded on my chest. Two~ on my side with my hands under my armpits, usually in fists... most mornings I wake up and my hands have fallen asleep. I have...issues   TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
claws
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 11:43:41 PM »

I always wear a pair of fresh socks in bed. I've been doing that since I was a kid, and I guess that is why I didn't mention this before because it seems like a normal thing for me to do. So yeah, nobody gets in my bed with dirty naked feet  TeddyR Seriously, I'm anal about that.
BTM

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 01:25:17 AM »

I jerk awake every now and then, as though something I was dreaming about startled me.  Usually don't remember what it was though. 

I usually use three pillows, that might be weird to some people.  One for my head, one between my knees (usually I sleep on my side) and one between my arms. 

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Vik
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2010, 04:27:46 AM »

Anyone else do the thing where you're sleeping, and you wake up and spaz out and "fall" against the mattress? Almost as if you were hovering over the mattress in your sleep and waking ends the hovering?

Yeah! Also, you flail your legs like crazy!   I know I've kicked the wall before.

I have that too, I once hit the wall really hard.
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2010, 09:17:54 AM »

I had a dream in which I killed a man and than woke up feeling scared and upset.

It was a brutal death too: I dreamed I was sent to military school and became angry about the fact that I was sent there. In the lunch room I broke the sneeze guard over the food, took a piece of glass, and stabbed my instructor's neck.

I was very sweaty and panting hard when I woke up. It was one of the worst dreams I've ever had.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2010, 09:22:30 PM »

I wake up very turned on at times...

Question

Too much info ?

Maybe if you took down the posters of Bea Arthur, Betty White, and Amy Winehouse you've got hanging over your bed, you'd wake up a little "calmer."  TongueOut Twirling TongueOut

As for strange sleep habits, I've been waking up with a sudden jerk lately, and once awake, I find I've (yet again) bitten the side of my tongue, just on the very edge, so that it stings horribly. I've done that five or six times in the last few weeks, and it's getting annoying.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2010, 10:29:57 PM »

Sleep paralysis is way worse when the Old Hag visits you and seems to be trying to smother or choke you alive and you're fighting, fighting, fighting to move, to breathe, to do anything and just when you think you're about to die, you wake up. Has happened to me a few times in the past. Always far more likely if you sleep on your back.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2010, 11:16:35 AM »

Boot camp does wierd things to you. You go from whatever was your normal life was to being thrown together with 75 other guys, sleeping in racks(bunks), no privacy, ordered around, lots of rules, and being woken up harshly every morning at 4 am. I would see guys waking up in the middle of the night doing very strange things, thinking, "that's not going to happen to me." Then, one night, I found myself jumping out of my rack at 0100 and throwing on my uniform, thinking I had slept through morning reveille. I woke up literally thinking the barracks were completely empty and everyone had left and I was in deep s**t, when in reality everyone was asleep and I had imagined it. The guy in the rack next to me was saying "you better hurry, man, they're in formation already." Then I realized what was going on and said "you dick," and crawled by in my rack, him cracking up the whole time.

Ah, what a twisted world the military is.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
oxode
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 05:06:27 PM »

A few years ago I was in my bed. (Now I sleep on the floor. . . You'll see why) My alarm clock rang.  - It was a f***ing loud mechanical one - and I darted up strait from a dream . . . but before I became fully vertical and my eyes open, . . . someone hit me full force on the nose! Sending me right back horizontal. Blinded by tears, punchdrunk, confused and desperate how vulnerable I was, I rolled out of my bunk, to avoid further hits, slashing around to sweep the attacker down. How did he enter my locked flat? What does he want? Would I be able to fight him off?
After a few minutes my eyes stopped watering and I found, that I was alone in my bedroom . . . with a broken nose and a mystery who to blame for it.
Later I found a bloodstain, that told me all.
When I woke up I didn't lie flat on my back as I thought, but on my side. So when the clock alarmed, I didn't bolt up as planed, but trebucheted directly against the wall.
Since this I sleep on the floor in the middle of the room.
Raffine

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 09:09:05 PM »

When I was about 8 years old I went through a period of having 'Night Terrors'. This translated to me wandering through the house at two AM and screaming things like "THEY'VE EATEN MY HANDS! THEY'VE EATEN MY HANDS!".

My family still tells those stories...

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2010, 10:17:08 AM »

Night terrors are an interesting phenomenon, along with others that accompany what is termed "slow wave sleep." This is the truly deep sleep that typically lasts between an hour to two hours in most adults, longer in children and adolescents. Sleep proceed through three stages of "non REM" sleep, the third being that slow wave sleep. This is where night terrors occur, as well as most sleep-walking, and all other sleep phenomena where the person rarely recalls the experience, and upon awakening from this stage can experience hallucinations or difficulty coming back into reality. The poster who talked about waking suddenly and breaking his nose on the wall probably experienced that during this stage. After slow wave sleep is REM sleep, where most dream activity occurs, and the sleeper is making the slow trek to natural awakening.

The experience I had in boot camp that I related in my earlier post was probably during the slow-wave stage.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Odd Sleep/Awakening Habits/Experiences « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.