Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:50:44 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Worst Examples of Voice Acting « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worst Examples of Voice Acting  (Read 5389 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: May 16, 2010, 08:21:41 PM »

Voice acting can be great and entertaining (Castle in the Sky and Psychonauts for the win) and of course, voice acting can be bad (Beauty and Warrior is a good example).  Then there is voice acting that is just so bad that it is laughworthy or cringeworthy.  What are the worst examples of voice acting you have ever before?  It can be from anywhere, video games to foreign dubs of monster movies?  Which make you laugh at its terribleness and what makes shiver in terror?

Here's a great example that leaves laughing and twitching in disgust.  It is a Youtube video, but you'll have to go to it.  Please be advise that the dialogue is for 18 and up.

Small | Large

For an all ages clip, please enjoy this boredom (I'm not sure if this is for real or not):

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 10:39:42 AM »

Wow, not only is the voice acting bad, the dialogue and the whole concept make no sense whatsoever...  a video game with no interactivity where you just passively watch unanimated characters explain what's happening in the story?

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Jim H

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 01:39:52 PM »

Well, to be slightly fair to it:

Small | Large

It's a turn-based strategy game, like Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea, Shining Force games, etc.  Something like chess with a lot more options and piece variety.

Apparently it's a fairly mediocre one, it just happens to have extraordinarily bad voice acting and cut scene construction.  I mean, they honestly couldn't even have still frames to illustrate what was happening there?  Or just move the sprites around instead of giant still images of each character?

My favorite bad voice acting will always be the original Resident Evil:

Small | Large

0:29 is probably my favorite bad line reading/writing in any context.
3mnkids

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 03:26:21 PM »

Well, to be slightly fair to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Oq61Hs9dtE

It's a turn-based strategy game, like Final Fantasy Tactics, Disgaea, Shining Force games, etc.  Something like chess with a lot more options and piece variety.

Apparently it's a fairly mediocre one, it just happens to have extraordinarily bad voice acting and cut scene construction.  I mean, they honestly couldn't even have still frames to illustrate what was happening there?  Or just move the sprites around instead of giant still images of each character?

My favorite bad voice acting will always be the original Resident Evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVyOCssIXgQ

0:29 is probably my favorite bad line reading/writing in any context.

yep, resident evil gets my vote. Its soooo bad and sooo good at the same time. I still play it and laugh my ass off at how bad it is.

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 08:49:01 PM »

I'm also in for RE.  I've seen that video at least 10 times and I always end up watching it all the way through.  I think the guy who plays Barry is the worst of them all. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 09:18:01 AM »

Its not voice acting, but it is computer game releated:

Small | Large

Dredd is sooooooooooooo lame !!!  BounceGiggle

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 12:53:42 AM »

WOW!  And I thought Robot Alchemic Drive (RAD) had horrible voice acting...

Small | Large

This game has one of the greatest bad lines ever: "Robots kill people!  A robot killed grandma!"  Sadly, it's not featured in the video, though they have a very similar line at the very end. 
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 03:08:21 AM »

As annoying as Alucard sounds in Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (he sounds a lot like Bill Walton), Clock Tower's voice acting is REALLY bad.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
judge death
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2010, 03:36:03 AM »

Its not voice acting, but it is computer game releated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=js4DeIiPnhY

Dredd is sooooooooooooo lame !!!  BounceGiggle

If it's a person reading lines and supposedly doing emotions, it's voice acting regardless of the medium.

I'd say that the voice acting of most of the fench characters in Deus Ex was horrible.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 04:56:41 AM »

As annoying as Alucard sounds in Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night (he sounds a lot like Bill Walton), Clock Tower's voice acting is REALLY bad.

You're not kidding!  Especially the guy that says, "Sizzo-Man".  Or the cameraman who monotonously says every word individually. 

"You're. Not. Going. To. Believe. What. I. Just. Found." 

I hear voice acting like that and think, "Someone got paid to say that."  It makes me sad in my pants.

I wish I could find some examples of voice acting from Tenchu: Stealth Assassins.  I can try to convey it through typing, but it's just not the same.

"Myyyy mmmmooooonnneeeeey!"

"You. Won't. Need it.... Where.  You're going..."
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 04:43:03 PM »

I just had to bring back this topic for these two inspired voice acting jobs!  The first video is a combnation of bad dubbing and very bad translation of the material.  It all equals fun of course!

Small | Large

Then there is this fun piece from the notorious Dingo Pictures, infamous for Disney and Fox Animation (Is that name of that comapny?) knockoffs using only 2 voices actors:

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
retrorussell

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 01:15:57 AM »

I hear voice acting like that and think, "Someone got paid to say that."  It makes me sad in my pants.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
retrorussell

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 01:26:27 AM »

The Zelda games for the Phillips CD-I system are a train wreck in themselves, but the voice acting doesn't help... Link and the guy on the flying carpet in particular are horrid.

Small | Large

Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 01:41:08 AM »

Small | Large

Found one!  Bad voice acting inside!

Another one that had bad voice acting: Growlancer Generations!  Some of the voice acting in the first game  sounded inadvertently homo-erotic.  It didn't help that the characters looked emo and spoke with lisps and effeminate voices.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Worst Examples of Voice Acting « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.