Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:36:45 PM
713367 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  a real horror movie or a nightmare????? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: a real horror movie or a nightmare?????  (Read 1968 times)
Erik J
« on: April 08, 2002, 02:09:30 PM »

Ok I have one for you. There was a movie shown many time on the Son of Svengoli show on the weekends. It was called Vampire Circus- at least i am almost positive. It stars many of the same people who are in Andy Warhol\'s Dracula and Andy Warhol\'s Frankenstein. I have been in several discussions about this movie and no one seems to know what I am talking about. If anyone else has ever seen this movie please let me know , I would hate to think I had the makings of a great horror movie in my dreams and never did anything about it.

Thanks
Cullen
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2002, 04:01:11 PM »

There is a movie called "Vampire Circus."  I don't know whether or not it had the same people in it as in the Warhol films.  However, it'll be easy to check.  Go to http://us.imdb.com/Title?0067924 for more information.
Erik J
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2002, 04:44:06 PM »

Thanks I thought I may have been crazy. I looked it up and the actors are not the same but the ones in Warhol's films look very similar in ways. It is still a great movie though.
Flangepart
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2002, 05:10:55 PM »

Ah, a Chicago boy, Eh? Is Svengoolie still on? I saw some tape of the Son, and the original Sven. Pretty funny stuff! And now the big question....do you now, or have you ever been, the possessor of a rubber chicken?
john
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2002, 07:06:22 PM »

Is Vampire Circus the one with a scene of a nude woman dancing, but her entire body is covered in paint?

If so, I saw it a long time ago and was shocked that they played that scene on a regular, broadcast channel.
Cullen
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2002, 08:51:08 PM »

Flangepart -- Last I heard, Svengoolie was still on the air (though it's the Son on the air in Chicago - the original gave him permission to use the name.)  However, fairly recently he had a heart attack - don't know how he's doing now.

John -- I believe the scene you're thinking about is in "Vampire Circus."  I haven't seen the movie, but there are pictures from it with a simular looking scene.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2002, 12:58:23 PM »

Oh, yeah. "Vampire Circus" is a real movie. Though, I don't remember that particular scene in it. "Vampire Circus" and "Captain, Kronos, Vampire Hunter" are probably the two best vampire films to come out of the '70's. Both proof that Hammer Films was not yet dead. Both worth watching, if one is into that type of thing, and if one comes across them. Though, if is recommended that if one does see "Vampire Circus," see the R-rated version. Enjoy!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  a real horror movie or a nightmare????? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.