Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:34:28 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Westboro Baptist kooks to picket at Ronnie James Dio's memorial service. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Westboro Baptist kooks to picket at Ronnie James Dio's memorial service.  (Read 8202 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: May 21, 2010, 02:18:31 PM »

You know them if you're in the U.S., they're the idiots that protest at our war veteran's funerals.  After all the US government is the greatest bunch of Fag enablers on the planet.  I'm just wondering how a bunch heavy metal rockers are gonna take this little protest.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140446

Here's the Westboro Baptists official page if you wanna know what they're all about, they're one sick bunch of folks. http://www.godhatesfags.com/

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 02:49:14 PM »

OT:
This past Wednesday, my friend Micheal Miracle dedicated his show "Lotus Land" to Dio. Smile

This guy's career dates back to 1957, & his first single in 1962 was "An Angel is missing (From Heaven Tonight)", with Ronnie & The RedCaps, a milquetoast Frankie Avalon style love song. Buggedout

Michael played a few more singles, from a couple other groups Dio was with, & it seemed to progress from crooning, to hippie music, & onward. TongueOut

I got the impression that this guy's career pretty much mirrors "This is Spinal Tap". BounceGiggle

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Fausto
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 08:42:20 PM »

I believe the Westboro a-holes will find metal fans to be less permissive than their usual targets.

"When I die, I hope you will use my body creatively." - Shin Chan

"Tonight, we will honor the greatest writers in America with a modest 9 by 12 certificate and a check for three thousand dollars...three thousand dollars? Stephen King makes more than that for writing boo on a cocktail napkin." - Jimmy Breslin
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 10:22:16 PM »

OH, NO THEY DIDN'T!!!!

Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred Hatred

Or won't, in this case...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:25:08 PM by Joe the Destroyer » Logged
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 11:26:43 AM »

They're idiots; "surname" is not "sir name".   Lookingup

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 11:51:39 AM »

I believe the Westboro a-holes will find metal fans to be less permissive than their usual targets.
Yep, let the emotional and physical scarring begin. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 01:01:56 PM »

Those jerks really need to get a life.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 06:51:18 PM »

To quote the Scriptures:  "Be not deceived, God is not mocked; whatsoever a man soweth, the same shall he reap."

These phony Christians have been preaching hate in the name of God for over a decade now.  At some point, they are going to reap a harvest of hate that may well leave some of them dead.  I don't wish that on anyone, but you can only intrude your hateful foolishness on grieving people for so long before someone snaps.  And when that happens, Phelps and his sick crew will have no one but themselves to blame.  Why do I call them phony Christians? 

I will quote the Scriptures again:  "He that loveth not knoweth not God, for God is love."

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
joejoeherron
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 06:16:02 AM »

Aint these people got anything better to do?
3mnkids

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 10:45:09 AM »

These people feed on news coverage. If people would just ignore their ignorant asses they would go away. They want a confrontation so they can play the victim.

Or, people could do like a group in San Fran did...  http://laughingsquid.com/san-franciscos-answer-to-westboro-baptist-church/

Westboro Baptist Church showed up to protest in front of Twitter’s San Francisco office on Thursday, but found themselves severely outnumbered by a crowd of absurdist pranksters, including guest blogger EDW Lynch above
.  Hilarious.   TeddyR

There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far~ ruminations
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 01:01:16 PM »

That was funny!!!! BounceGiggle

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 12:27:41 PM »

Thanks, 3mnkids... I've got a big smile plastered on my face.  Smile

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
diamondwaspvenom

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 03:25:44 PM »

This is what I would do if those a-holes try to picket Dio's funeral:

I would gather a mass army of metalheads (about 300 or so) to come to the funeral. The minute those parasites take out their signs and start shouting, I would turn up the volume full blast in a car radio (with some Slayer of course) and then yell at the top of my lungs: MOSHPIT!!!!, and then lead the metalheads, in a crazed frenzy, in a mad stampede charging at the protestors.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 11:14:05 PM »

I suggest we use the WBC to plug up the leaks for PB.  That would kill two birds with one stone.
Starsky
Bad Movie Lover

you play a good game, boy!

« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2010, 11:55:26 AM »

There are comments on youtube saying that the church had cut it's phoneline because they were called hundreds of times and everytime someone was playing Holy Diver.

TeddyR
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Westboro Baptist kooks to picket at Ronnie James Dio's memorial service. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.